SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-07, 09:20 AM   #1051
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

As commander of the whole fleet I support this request fully.
Ahoy!

Old 05-20-07, 09:21 AM   #1052
chrisp
Watch

Downloads: 15
Default Add my vote

Shoot, I bought a new computer so I could play this game....

Be nice if it were more stable. And got feet/meters straight.

(Didn't NASA lose a Mars probe because somebody confused feet and meters?

Chris P.
Old 05-20-07, 09:23 AM   #1053
flamewagon
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

I agree, the next patch should be made.
Old 05-20-07, 09:24 AM   #1054
gum22
Watch

Downloads: 178

There are a lot of us lurking here on the subsim forums who you guys have never heard a peep from. I believe this is my first post ever (edit- OK, second) and I've logged on subsim almost every day for nigh on two years. Guys like me have been quietly playing SH3 (in my case, heavily modded with GWX and Ducimus' tweaks and other great stuff produced by the SH3 Mod community).

Personally, I log in to subsim in order to keep up with the mod community and also to do recon on the next "latest and greatest" subsim coming down the pike. For the last many moons that "up and coming" sim has been SHIV. I found SH3 to be very unfinished when I bought version 1.0 back in the day, and I expected that SHIV would be the same. SH3 is now "just right" thanks to the hard work of the Mod community (thank you KpLt Lehmann, GWX team, JScones, Rubini, JCWolf, Ducimus and all of the others). SHIV is still in development, from what I hear...

My point is this- there are probably a whole lot of sub simmers just like me who never ever post on the forums but who are extremely tuned in. Players like me are waiting on our community experts to report that SHIV is finally fixed enough to justify buying. Without a 1.03 patch, I'm gonna stay in the Atlantic with SH3 because it WORKS, the mods make it the best boat in the ocean, and why would I want to spend my hard earned money on an unfinished product the developer and the dev team have walked away from already.

PATCH IT AND I WILL BUY IT.

Two cents from my first (err-Second) post.

Gumby, U554.
Old 05-20-07, 09:32 AM   #1055
Gooddoc
Bilge Rat

Add me to the list those that will not buy SHIV until the game is properly patched. I'm tired of buying beta software
Old 05-20-07, 09:39 AM   #1056
PHeberer
Nub

Downloads: 10
Default Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What?

Please Please! Make this sim what it was intended to be. Graphics are great but that is about it.

It is with great disappointment that I have had to remove SH4 and continue using SH3.
Old 05-20-07, 09:45 AM   #1057
cruiser2132
Watch

Agree on the need for a further patching of the game. Really want to play it, but the performance of SHIII, at this point, is far superior to what I get with WotP. Not to mention the fact that I would really hate to have the game end my career suddenly due to glitches...
Old 05-20-07, 09:50 AM   #1058
Zargi
Bilge Rat

This is what i need to live in this world, water, love and the SH4 patch 1.3
Old 05-20-07, 10:04 AM   #1059
nunosm
Nub

Downloads: 31

Always a sub fan...always payed for the silents....but i'm beginning to feel cheated...because UBI prefers to launch a new game and pick pocket me again, than to really put the one already released up to standards....I've seen that regarding sh3...and now the same movie all over again...

So a patch is not needed, it is demanded for the product to be complet, or else...please send 20% of my money back...

Nuno - Portugal
Old 05-20-07, 10:18 AM   #1060
stevekl51
Bilge Rat

Default Great Sims!

You have always provided such great sims for us, keep up the good work and nail this one as well. Thanks for all the great dives!!!
Old 05-20-07, 10:24 AM   #1061
darksythe
Lieutenant

Downloads: 4

Come on Ubi Do your jobs or be replaced its as simple as that. This release is the worst software i have bought in many years due only to the fact of how long it took them to get us some patches, and now it seems they've packed it in and quit. This will be the last Ubisoft title i buy untill they show us some support and fix this game.
How dare you!
Old 05-20-07, 10:28 AM   #1062
baxterrj
Bilge Rat

Default Yeah this needs attention

yeah these issues need to be taken to ubi and handeled.
Old 05-20-07, 10:31 AM   #1063
spudweasel
Nub

Downloads: 77
Patch

Want my money for the next UBI title? Patch this one.
Old 05-20-07, 10:31 AM   #1064
KLARCH
Helmsman

Downloads: 68

I bought Silent Hunter 4 as soon as I saw it on the store shelf, but have not played it regularly because of the instabilities and crashes I've expereienced with it. I have since gone back to SH3 as this game has been made complete thanks to the hard work of several modders in the community.

Come on UBI, we payed you our hard earned money for the game, the least you can do is make sure it is stable and usable by your customers.
Old 05-20-07, 10:35 AM   #1065
HarleyRider
Watch

This is EXACTLY the reason alot of people download hacked versions of a game!!! I'm not condoning it, but why should they pay hard earned money for a game when it's not even close to being finished. And then the developers and publishers get very annoyed and wonder why people do this. Well, D'UH!!!

C'mon Ubisoft. Get it together and finish this thing!!!

Cheers!!!
Closed Thread