Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-20, 03:59 AM   #10531
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A system wehre even Trump's own peopple readily admit behind closed mikes that they all expect to loose the public vote, and nobody cares too much becasue they all only worry about whether the gap in that defeat will become so great that the election college will not win it for them, has an inherent problem by design.

Again to take notes, Nate Silver:
Quote:
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...90941110341632

Chance of a Biden Electoral college win if he wins the popular vote by X points:

0-1 points: just 6%!

1-2 points: 22%

2-3 points: 46%

3-4 points: 74%

4-5 points: 89%

5-6points:98%

6-7points: 99%
This is the reason why Republicans try to make it harder to vote: to keep the defeat small enough that they nevertheless could claim victory. The smaller the turn-out, the better for them, due to different voter demographics and social situation. Many Democrat voters cannot easily reach a polling station. Thats as if letting them vote - and throw their ballots away. Elections, Belarus style.
Old 09-10-20, 04:00 AM   #10532
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So absurd that it's outlasted anything your country has been able to achieve by centuries.

Marie Curie

Old 09-10-20, 04:19 AM   #10533
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/09/l...-soldiers.html

Old 09-10-20, 05:50 AM   #10534
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
If I was a texan, I wouldn't even bother to register. In a Winner-takes-all state with a overwhelming GOP majority my vote will never count. An election? No, a joke.
And if you live in California ....

You do realize that the voting all takes place at the same time and on the same ballot. As well as voting for the President you are also voting for your Congress man/woman, possibly your a Senator, possibly your Govenor, State Represenative, State Senator and numerous local officials. You may also be voting on some ballot initiatives and referendums in certain states. This is why many people in states like Texas and California still register and vote. It is not just about the President.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-10-20, 08:02 AM   #10535
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Exclusive:
Russian state hackers suspected in targeting Biden campaign firm – sources

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2610I4

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-10-20, 08:12 AM   #10536
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 09-10-20, 08:22 AM   #10537
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
If I was a texan, I wouldn't even bother to register. In a Winner-takes-all state with a overwhelming GOP majority my vote will never count. An election? No, a joke.
Well then, you could move to California or Oregon with overwhelming DNC majority, Then your vote would count.

FYI: by not voting you are doing yourself and your government a disservice.
The election isn't just about the President, there are State, County, and City issues also on the ballot (and your vote does count on those issues). Anything from which Judges sit on the bench to what proposed laws/legislation is proposed/enacted, taxes, the list goes on. Plus there are the ballots for Gov, state legislatures, county officials, city officials, etc.

The way I see it, if you DON'T vote, you have essentially surrendered your right to complain about the results. And if you CAN"T vote (because you aren't a citizen), then you need to be a bit more respectful when voicing your opinion, or criticizing our government, this is our country not yours.
Old 09-10-20, 09:00 AM   #10538
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You do realize that the voting all takes place at the same time and on the same ballot. As well as voting for the President you are also voting for your Congress man/woman, possibly your a Senator, possibly your Govenor, State Represenative, State Senator and numerous local officials. You may also be voting on some ballot initiatives and referendums in certain states. This is why many people in states like Texas and California still register and vote. It is not just about the President.
Good point. I missed that.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 09-10-20, 09:02 AM   #10539
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 09-10-20, 10:16 AM   #10540
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Notice he is standing next to his mail box

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-10-20, 11:30 AM   #10541
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:

Don't think the GOP is willing to go there considering their guy is on tape talking about "grabbing them by the -----" and has a track record of grossly untoward and unwanted advances towards women and a further history of making lewd leering comments about underage girls...

...and that's not to mention his friendship and partying with child rapist Jeffrey Epstein and wishing child trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell a hearty "I wish her well"...

...and then there's the accusations of rape, one of which has resulted in a libel/slander suit over Trump's comments on the case, which has so rattled Trump he is desperately seeking to have the DOJ defend him, at taxpayer expense, over a matter he should be handling at his own cost and responsibility...

Glass houses...

<O>
Old 09-10-20, 12:03 PM   #10542
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:

What is ugly is Biden's "hands on" approach is greatly ignored. The accusations of Biden touching women inappropriately was carpet swept within a day. His running mate said she "believed the women" yet she accepted the position as VP running mate. Self-serving much? Biden is not entirely "with it".
Old 09-10-20, 12:07 PM   #10543
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Don't think the GOP is willing to go there considering their guy is on tape talking about "grabbing them by the -----" and has a track record of grossly untoward and unwanted advances towards women and a further history of making lewd leering comments about underage girls...

...and that's not to mention his friendship and partying with child rapist Jeffrey Epstein and wishing child trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell a hearty "I wish her well"...

...and then there's the accusations of rape, one of which has resulted in a libel/slander suit over Trump's comments on the case, which has so rattled Trump he is desperately seeking to have the DOJ defend him, at taxpayer expense, over a matter he should be handling at his own cost and responsibility...

Glass houses...

<O>
I concur on Trumps handling of women. However, it was drilled into us for months on end. Biden's inappropriate touching of women and kids has been carpet swept in a day. Even his running mate said she believed the women. Yet here they are self-serving themselves. If Harris had any respect for herself and women she would have said no to Joe and the VP position.
Old 09-10-20, 12:30 PM   #10544
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I concur on Trumps handling of women.
However, it was drilled into us for months on end. Biden's inappropriate touching of women and kids has been carpet swept in a day. Even his running mate said she believed the women. Yet here they are self-serving themselves. If Harris had any respect for herself and women she would have said no to Joe and the VP position.

Trump made one statement that was made off the cuff in private about how some women will eagerly allow personal intrusions from powerful men. It was not a statement of what he would do personally or that he believes most women would be like that. Biden on the other hand has repeatedly groped numerous women and children on camera for years.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 09-10-20, 12:49 PM   #10545
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Well, I'm sure when Texas flips and it's winner-take-all that aligns with your vote you'll be really ok with it.

Bad news for Biden....
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ylvania-411232

Quote:
President Donald Trump has trailed Joe Biden in virtually every poll in Pennsylvania this year.

But there’s a more tangible piece of data in the state that tells a different story: Since 2016, Republicans have netted nearly seven times as many registered voters here than Democrats.

Also, did I read that Kamala Harris went on a sympathy visit with the guy charged with sexual assault? Her "first solo trip as a VP candidate"?

Quote:
"In a moving moment, Jacob Jr. told Sen. Harris that he was proud of her, and the senator told Jacob she was also proud of him and how he is working through his pain," he said.
Seriously, that party is screwed up.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter