SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-07, 09:46 AM   #91
KiloAlpha4
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

1) strategy game is MUCH improved, AI is more aggressive. Supply routes can be automatic, or easilly done manually with a great little interface also if you want there is arcade mode which automatically moves resources to your bases and not have to bother with supply at all.

2) You can sell or buy ships etc, technology, weapons that you either want or don't want to allies or other nations in the game.

3) The ability to manage fleets especially has changed with the addition of better sorting methods and new color coding to lists so it is much easier to find what you want fast. As always you can rename any fleet or ship and can even change your capitol or main base if you wish to another one in your empire.

4) yes you can easilly see your overall spending or income or individually at the bases/technology screens etc. Also use of materials vs what you have available such as oil, iron or aluminum.

5) yes you can view them through the new options given in your overall forces view screen/s gui's.

there is alot of information here with screenshots etc etc http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=29 especially in the english beta screens thread. there are also videos posted.
KiloAlpha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 04:15 PM   #92
KiloAlpha4
Loader

There are some in game vids I posted. Attack on Singapore parts 1 & 2 also information and screen shots all the time being posted in the allies section. Also has all the things BM doesn't lol. No wish list required

Official: http://www.pacificstorm.net

http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

vids:

part 1

part 2
Old 04-13-07, 09:20 PM   #93
KiloAlpha4
Loader

couple other vids from my attack on Canton Base.

Attack on Canton part 1-
Attack on Canton part 2 -
Old 04-19-07, 05:02 PM   #94
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Justs finished a 6-7 hour session of Plain pacific storm... addicting, those japs like to use there subs though, good thing I like to use my destroyers. Had this one battle I was fighting at Iwo-jima I think, Enemy bought some Subs and a Tanker/Freighter devision with destroyers, I bought out my Iowa Class, 3destroyers and a "Passmore Class CVE" (Cassablanca with more flak guns, Enemy also threw out aircraft, so the first part of the battles was a huge battle of air supuriority over my ships, which ended pretty even, 1 Fighter left on my side in the end, was stupid with my dive-bombers also and lost them... then the engagment with the destroyers, enemies targeted destroyers and halfway through the fight lost 2, bought my remaining destroyer back cause there were still subs out there, bought up a Colorado and another DD from reinforcements. finally enemy destroyers gone, not a scratch to my precious Iowa, now for those subs... bought dds around, GOT Them in my sights, ordered CVE to withdraw, don't need her taking torpedo crossfire, after a bit of chasing my DDs catch up to the dessies and death charging commences, all subs going down... Oooh whats this unarmed merchant ships? Yove got to be kidding, sunk them with little probs...

The only problems I've had is that when transporting planes by transport they don't auto unload, had to dis-band the entire division to get my fight/bomber shipment from mainland.

Last edited by Rilder; 04-19-07 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 05:08 AM   #95
KiloAlpha4
Loader

sounds good

Quote:
The only problems I've had is that when transporting planes by transport they don't auto unload, had to dis-band the entire division to get my fight/bomber shipment from mainland.
you should be able to find them in the list and just unload them not the entire division of ships..see here

all right, transporting planes disassembled as cargo is pretty easy to do, much like in the first game you just select a formed air group at your base, right click and from the options select join to formation then right click on that formation ( transports are needed ) . To disband just right click and select disband transportation. Here are some example screen shots:

Old 04-28-07, 08:34 PM   #96
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yea I figured it out after awhile myself, just have to expand the formations in transport units till it shows the individual ships and then disband...
(Btw my game doesn't have disband transportation, its not allies)

Ive also taken to in the game to merging units down in formations for easier control...

Just realized theres a 1.4 patch was using 1.3...

I'l have to get Allies soon but I need money...

Also, for some reason during this fight, BBs versus BB, my guns and the enemy guns were just firing in to space... I guess the space Yamato and Space Iowa were up there battling..

Last edited by Rilder; 04-29-07 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-02-07, 03:21 PM   #97
KiloAlpha4
Loader

yes unfortuantely there were some tages cp issues that caused a couple bugs. the devs are working on a hotfix to fix the problems with 1.4 patch cp protection for u.s. german etc release. Shouldn't be too long for the hot fix.

Quote:
Btw my game doesn't have disband transportation, its not allies
Hmm I could have sworn it did rofl...been a while since I played the first one. As you can see Allies is a huge advancement for the game and makes alot of things easier/ more improved over the original game.
Old 05-27-07, 04:07 AM   #98
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

Pacific Storm vs. Pacific Storm:Allies

What exactly is a stand alone expansion? Does this mean you have to buy the game over again? (same game with more content) or is it an actual expansion that installs on top of the old Pacific Storm? (original game disk is needed to play) or is it an alternate version of Pacific Storm (same engine different theatre)
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 02:52 AM   #99
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod
Pacific Storm vs. Pacific Storm:Allies

What exactly is a stand alone expansion?
Truly speaking, The Allies could be positioned as PS2. This is reworked original game along with alot of additional staff, units etc. You don't need original game to be installed. The Allies are much more than simple expavion pack. It add new nations and handfulls of new units and other stuff.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-07, 02:00 AM   #100
KiloAlpha4
Loader

it has many , many new additions and changes/features, it truly is like playing a entirely new game.
Old 06-11-07, 02:02 PM   #101
Fighter
Bilge Rat

Hi guys
i need help
here is the situation:
i am with the Americans and i want to attack Japan with b-29 bombers and lnd troops with troop carrier airplane (bomber type), but the fuel always go out
I start the planes from San Diego TO Pearl Harbor ,but they always went out of fuel:'(
is there a way to get to Pearl because i cant bomb Japan
Please help me!
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 12:12 AM   #102
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Hi guys
i need help
here is the situation:
i am with the Americans and i want to attack Japan with b-29 bombers and lnd troops with troop carrier airplane (bomber type), but the fuel always go out
I start the planes from San Diego TO Pearl Harbor ,but they always went out of fuel:'(
is there a way to get to Pearl because i cant bomb Japan
Please help me!

Been awhile since I've fired up Pacific Storm... but if I recall... :hmm: I think you can transport bomber wings via carrier or transport as cargo to get em out to an island base with an airport. Then you reassemble em and island hop your way to Japan.
XLjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 04:05 AM   #103
KiloAlpha4
Loader

cdv Software Entertainment USA today announced that it will publish Pacific Storm Allies, the next title in the successful Pacific Storm series of WWII Pacific theater strategy/action games. Set for a November release in North America, Pacific Storm Allies expands upon everything players enjoyed in the first game, while adding new nations, new aircraft and ships, a diplomacy system and an updated graphics engine. For more information about Pacific Storm Allies, please visit http://www.cdvus.com.
Old 09-29-07, 09:35 AM   #104
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha4
cdv Software Entertainment USA today announced that it will publish Pacific Storm Allies, the next title in the successful Pacific Storm series of WWII Pacific theater strategy/action games. Set for a November release in North America, Pacific Storm Allies expands upon everything players enjoyed in the first game, while adding new nations, new aircraft and ships, a diplomacy system and an updated graphics engine. For more information about Pacific Storm Allies, please visit http://www.cdvus.com.
If only they'd scrap the arcadey flight sim experience and focus more on the overhead strategy game...

I'll buy it though. Hopefully it won't be as tedious as the first to manage resources and build stuff.
Old 10-02-07, 01:09 PM   #105
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

this is a good game. but, it lacks patch support. the last patch removed effects and they still havent released a fix for it. its one of those games you shelf until the developers finalize patching but, the day never comes and the game remains shelved.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote