SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-19-09, 06:48 AM   #1
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

No its just alot of Mission information being loaded
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 06:59 AM   #2
clocky
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

No offence to your mod dude but you should test 100 times before releasing it. Right now , for me it's crap.I done everything but i keep getting "Failed to initialize 3d engine" all the solutions found on the *net are not making it work so i guess it's the mod fault.

It seems that are a lor of users that are having problems with it. I didnt remember that to happen on GWX. So test it before releasing on different systems not only 3 testers you handpicked. Otherwise you work will stay like 2-3 minutes on my hdd.
clocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 07:24 AM   #3
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocky View Post
No offence to your mod dude but you should test 100 times before releasing it. Right now , for me it's crap.I done everything but i keep getting "Failed to initialize 3d engine" all the solutions found on the *net are not making it work so i guess it's the mod fault.

It seems that are a lor of users that are having problems with it. I didnt remember that to happen on GWX. So test it before releasing on different systems not only 3 testers you handpicked. Otherwise you work will stay like 2-3 minutes on my hdd.

WAC4.1 needs a lot higher spec of machine to run it then GWX.
Someone might be able to help you out if you post the specs of your machine.
Or at least give you a probable reason why you cant run this mod.
Old 10-19-09, 11:03 AM   #4
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:

This is really not my business, since I didn't do the mod. I just host it. But...

No offence to your intelligence, but HanSolo78 has done this in his spare time and offers this mod free of charge to everyone, and if it does not work for you, it just doesn't give you the right to critize how he got it tested or how it's constructed.
If you don't want it because it doesn't work on your machine, well, tough luck.

Listen to SeaWolf: if it doesn't work for you, then post your pc specs and make a detailed report of what does not work for you, when and where. That's constructive critizism. What you posted, is not.

Have a nice day

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 12:42 PM   #5
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
This is really not my business, since I didn't do the mod. I just host it. But...

No offence to your intelligence, but HanSolo78 has done this in his spare time and offers this mod free of charge to everyone, and if it does not work for you, it just doesn't give you the right to critize how he got it tested or how it's constructed.
If you don't want it because it doesn't work on your machine, well, tough luck.

Listen to SeaWolf: if it doesn't work for you, then post your pc specs and make a detailed report of what does not work for you, when and where. That's constructive critizism. What you posted, is not.

Have a nice day
Thx Carotio!
Nothing more to add here...
Old 10-19-09, 12:42 PM   #6
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:

Clocky, you are wrong and you chose the wrong wording. If it does not work for you, ask for advice here and I'm sure you will receive it. People here are the helpful kind and HanSolo went to great lengths to make his mod as friendly as he could. If it does not work for you, well, that's it. For example, I never could run the previous version of WAC, but never reproached Han about it.
Just read all the posts of people who can play this mod. It's great, it works for a lot of people and it's FREE!!! It's the result of countless hours of development spent by Han and his team just to improve the original game, and nobody charged one single cent for all this effort.
So, bottom line, if you don't appreciate this mod, at least be POLITE!
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 12:59 PM   #7
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Wow steady guys I misunderstood something said in this thread that caused a lot of bad feeling last week so lets try to keep it friendly for a while
I am sure Clocky is speaking out of Frustration and disappointment that he cannot
Play this great mod
Old 10-19-09, 02:24 PM   #8
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Action taken, no need to discuss any more the matter. I'm sure that clocky will understand your arguments, guys.

Thanks
Old 11-03-09, 12:10 PM   #9
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

So now I got at last my next frustrating experience: New career , all days before with no probs and now when approaching Danzig on 1939-09-01 and firing a Type 2 Torpedo on a Polish Trawler CTD - Yeah ,how I dig that ! U know what ? I ain't gonna play Career anymore til SH 5 - just Singlemissions from now on - am I frustrated? Hell yeah!
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 09:56 PM   #10
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Default Backwards Perisope:

If I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to delete,

I can;t help but notice, THE PERISCOPES ARE BACKWARDS!!!! What I mean is, is that when I click in the obs periscope inside the sub, it takes me to the square headed attack periscope located in the center of the conning tower, and when I click in the attack periscope, it takes me to the obs periscope located in the front of the conning tower. basically, the interior periscopes are linked to the wrong exterior ones. WTF?!?!?! I soke with Han Solo about this, and I'm still not 100% sure why he did this, but its just starting to be kinda a pet peeve. Also, what I think he was trying to do with this effect was to link a square periscope obs view with the square att pericsope head. BUT evidence shows that neither periscope offered a square view, and tha this is just a misinterpretation of the head. You see, the head is square to allow the lens on the inside to move up and down (that is to say vertical pitch) and still have a field of view. so the square head is just a cover for a circulat lens which sat inside the head and looked through the rectangular glass, and could pitch it's view up and down inside the glass.

So really, bit periscopes were round. (if you would like documentaion, I can send you a pdf)

ANYWAY, could someone tell me what files to delete (and use the stick files instead) or alter to get the interior scopes linked with the correct exterior ones?

Thanks,

U-48Kriegsmarine

ROCK ON: WAC IS AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-09-09, 06:34 PM   #11
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-48Kriegsmarine View Post
If I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to delete,

I can;t help but notice, THE PERISCOPES ARE BACKWARDS!!!! What I mean is, is that when I click in the obs periscope inside the sub, it takes me to the square headed attack periscope located in the center of the conning tower, and when I click in the attack periscope, it takes me to the obs periscope located in the front of the conning tower. basically, the interior periscopes are linked to the wrong exterior ones. WTF?!?!?! I soke with Han Solo about this, and I'm still not 100% sure why he did this, but its just starting to be kinda a pet peeve. Also, what I think he was trying to do with this effect was to link a square periscope obs view with the square att pericsope head. BUT evidence shows that neither periscope offered a square view, and tha this is just a misinterpretation of the head. You see, the head is square to allow the lens on the inside to move up and down (that is to say vertical pitch) and still have a field of view. so the square head is just a cover for a circulat lens which sat inside the head and looked through the rectangular glass, and could pitch it's view up and down inside the glass.

So really, bit periscopes were round. (if you would like documentaion, I can send you a pdf)

ANYWAY, could someone tell me what files to delete (and use the stick files instead) or alter to get the interior scopes linked with the correct exterior ones?

Thanks,

U-48Kriegsmarine

ROCK ON: WAC IS AWESOME!!!!
All you have to do is go to Data/Menu?GUI and rename these 2 tga files :
Periscope
Church_OBS_Periscope

If the red mask doesn't match, rename these 2 tga files :
RedMask
RedMask1
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 08:28 PM   #12
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

@ GrumpySub

Congratulations on your trauma free reinstall Would have been interesting to know what was causing that odd problem - have often heard about it happening in Campaign but never before in Training. But nevermind - the main thing is you're up and running.

So it's "Onwards and Upwards, Kaleun" ....or this being a sub sim.....maybe "Onwards and Downwards" might be more appropriate!!

@ Tuddley3

You're correct of course, in saying that changing the peri graphics isn't that difficult. But the main reason for U 48 KM's post was the misplacement of the Observation and Attack periscopes.

The WAC4 update introduced this error - Version 3.1 properly displayed the attack scope to the rear of the Turm with the Obs scope situated on the bow side of the UZO.

The problem lies somewhere in the Objects folder - I tried using the 3.1 file in an otherwise version 4 install and the peris displayed OK. Directly the v 4 Objects folder was inserted - they reversed.

Like U48 I feel somwhat irritated by this. So if anyone cares to let us know how to correct it - you would be making at least two subsimmers very happy!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 06:06 AM   #13
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Good copy now uploaded and tested. Sorry for the problems

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 02:33 PM   #14
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Thanks will try again!
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 08:33 AM   #15
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Black screen!

Did you alter the game specs for this one. I've tried download and install twice and I get black screens with sound. Once I got the crew in the control room on a black background, no sub.

My Vista machine with 3 Gigs of RAM and 512 M on the vid card can run SH3 & 4 with no problems.

I looked but you have indicated nothing in the mod write-ups about altered video specs.
raymond6751 is offline   Reply With Quote