SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-14, 05:39 PM   #91
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

How this game ridiculously follows history, you should win this war just by taking Sevastopol and nothing else. I'm also guessing that by occupying 3/4 of Russia and nothing in Crimea means you loose it.

I wonder if Austria gets a CB to assist Russia. Russians tried to get Austrians on their side. Caused a lot of resentment because Austria decided to stay out of this war, despite Russia helping them pacify a Hungarian revolt just years earlier.

Oh, and I decided to start writing this AAR as an AAR. Trough the eyes of different people in the Empire, chronicling event's trough their own eyes.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 04:06 PM   #92
Betonov
Navy Seal

January 1852.
I arrived almost a month ago. I slipped trough the border at new years. And about time. I hear there's a war between Russia and the heathens to the south. A band of gypsies helped me cross and now I live in a place called Galicia. I may try to find a job in Lviv when the snow thaws.
But for now I'll just stay in this village. The people are nice and my late husband worked as a Russian-German translator and he taught me the language.

I hope trading the double eagle of the Romanovs for the double eagle of the Habsburgs wasn't a mistake.

Svetlana Tikhomirova, 21 years old, newly arrived in Austria

More PoN AAR to come, adventures of Svetlana and stories about an Austrian officer, Czech policeman and a Slovene artisan living in the chaos known as 19th century Austria
Old 11-08-14, 04:36 PM   #93
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Nice!

Perhaps I should do something similar... I shall ruminate on it.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 09:56 AM   #94
Betonov
Navy Seal

March 8th, Prague

All is calm despite the war just over the borders. Some elder folks need calming down, They're still jumpy every time a major war starts, the French Corporal is still alive in their memories. Plus, we're not even involved this time. Other than that, everyone keeps going about their business.
the ''most esteem'' businesmen are complaining, there's not enough investments made into their industry. I heard what industrial centers look like in England. Lets keep Prague clean. And I should have them arrested, how can they say they know more than our Glorious Emperor.
Crime is low, only a few thefts, no murder since the new year incident. Had to intervene a brawl yesterday. Lucky for me, the instigator was my neighbor, who I dislike. He looks at my wife funny, now he just looks funny.

It's good to be the law.

Eugen Liška, officer of the Imperial Gendarmerie, Prague
Old 11-14-14, 04:11 PM   #95
Betonov
Navy Seal

March 25th, 1852, classified

That's that. I have finally disgraced my family. Marshal von Radetzky does not take kind to junior officers giving better advice. His litanies are but a storm in a teacup compared to Fathers speeches of our glorious ancestors, the battles we fought against the Turks, Prussians and Napoleon. He can't keep quiet how my grandfather lost his leg at Austerlitz like being maimed is some strange form of medal. And Him, esteemed Father, Herr Oberst Otto von Fürstenberg, the greatest warrior of them all. Earned medal after medal in training maneuvers. Got a personal letter from the Emperor himself after he fell of a horse and broke his leg. I believe he uses this letter to help him perform at his mistress house.
I wanted to be a doctor to help people, not be a part of the same meat grinder that went about it's bloody business since Kane and Abel.
Next stop Galizia as an assistant to a garrison medic. The situation in Russia could mean I'll have to sow guts back in to my peers bellies. Sickening.

Leutnant Klaus Heinkel von Fürstenberg, former I. corp. regimentsartz, now assistentartz
Old 11-20-14, 03:07 PM   #96
Betonov
Navy Seal

May 5th 1852, Zhirovnica

I hate my father in law. That pompous son of a milkmaid. Just because he worked as a merchant sailor in the English fleet he thinks he'll make englishmen of us all. Talking about their great factories day and night and all I hear is ruin and smoke and making us artisans into animals or beggars. I'll stay a blacksmith. I work at home and feed my family. No need to go die into one of those ''factories''.
And all of that poisons my wife. She started talking about sending our soon to be born child to school to be an engineer. And I'm supposed to work with metal until I die behind the furnace ?? NO, this nonsense stops after she gives birth.
But I'll give one thing to the old owl. He was right when he said that the iron road would bring me fortune. I made a nice sum of money making nails for the railroad tracks. Too bad that money is already in the tuition fund for the child. Foreign nonsense.

3 more months.

Janez Kovač, blacksmith
Old 11-22-14, 02:12 PM   #97
Betonov
Navy Seal

May 30th 1852, Praha

The death of Prime Minister Felix Schwarzenberg earlier this month did not stir the anarchists as we feared in the Gendarmerie. There were odd students having a march down the Wenceslas Square, some nationalist agitators failing to get the attention of sober passer by's and a drunker national hero here and there. All of them were apprehended and sent home in the morning with a black eye and a fat fine for agitation.
After the executions in 1848 the Emperor is playing it nice. And thank the lord for it. What I witnessed 4 years ago still gives me nightmares.

Eugen Liška, officer of the Imperial Gendarmerie, Prague
Old 11-22-14, 05:11 PM   #98
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Le Moniteur Universal
May, 1852

A bloody two years since French troops first entered Tunis at the start of the Greco-Ottoman Crisis, Muhammed II, Bey of Tunis has finally surrendered his rogue army and agreed to recognize French interests in Tunisia. Under the terms of the Treaty of Bardo, signed in the Ksar Saïd palace between representatives of the French Republic and Muhammed Bey, the French government has agreed to recognize the Husainid Dynasty's current rule in Tunis in exchange for the demobilization of the former Tunisian army and relegation of foreign affairs and defense responsibilities to the French Republic. The French Consulate in Tunis has assured us that this would allow France to best protect Tunisia from any further attempts at Ottoman expansionism.

Général de division Pierre Bosquet, who took command of the French Army's Algerian Division at the start of the year, has refused to comment on the Army's inability to bring about a decisive conclusion to the campaign prior to his appointment.
Old 11-23-14, 08:34 AM   #99
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The Times
Monday 7th June 1852

Following reports of dreadful massacres in the siege of Guilin, the War Office in Whitehall has confirmed that it is sending forces to Asia in order to 'protect British interests in these troubled times'.
The official denied reports of tension with Burma, insisting that Britain would follow 'to the letter' the agreements forged in the peace treaty between Britain and Burma signed last year.
Field Marshal Viscount Hardinge is said to have boarded the fleet lead by Rear Admiral Sir Reynolds at Portsmouth on Friday which will set sail later this month.
Old 11-23-14, 09:11 AM   #100
Betonov
Navy Seal

June 3rd 1852, Lviv

They say children are no longer allowed to work in the factories. I'll just have to buy a newspaper to see for myself. If it's true then coming here was not a mistake. I saw hundreds of children missing limbs from textile mill accidents or burnt faces from industrial furnaces. Now my child will not suffer the same fate.
I start a new job next month at the local clinic. A lot of my countrymen from Russia pass Austria on their way to America and need to be treated. Knowing Russian got me a job as a nurse. It's army run but I hope nurses are not required to know the army drills. I don't know how to salute.

Svetlana Tikhomirovova
Old 11-23-14, 09:34 AM   #101
Betonov
Navy Seal

I can't understand this game. Like my capital is caped at 700. My balance screen shows growth, my economic screen shows I'll start the next turn with 2800 capital, but it's always between 600 and 700. if I start building some third grade logging camp and end with 50 capital I'll start the next turn with 650 an the turn after with 650 again, without changing a thing
Old 11-23-14, 10:38 AM   #102
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Under the Ministery of Commerce (F4) there are 2 slideres in the middle under Transactions regarding the rate of succes when it comes to sales and purchases of the trade you do.
I usually keep the slider of sales at a 100% and the purchases around 60-70% (this slider resets each turn back to 100% / 100%) so you'll have to do this each turn.
Old 11-23-14, 10:46 AM   #103
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Under the Ministery of Commerce (F4) there are 2 slideres in the middle under Transactions regarding the rate of succes when it comes to sales and purchases of the trade you do.
I usually keep the slider of sales at a 100% and the purchases around 60-70% (this slider resets each turn back to 100% / 100%) so you'll have to do this each turn.
Fiddled with both of them, no success
Lowering the buy transaction to 50% showed me that I will start the next turn with up to 3000 capital, when the turn arrived we were at 650
Old 11-23-14, 10:50 AM   #104
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Fiddled with both of them, no success
Lowering the buy transaction to 50% showed me that I will start the next turn with up to 3000 capital, when the turn arrived we were at 650
well it's nothing but a prediction, I should earn 4000 capital a turn with how I set up my trade and transactions however that would also mean my people would die of starvation, cold and disease.

I had the same problem as you but then I started to look into my trades and saw that I was buying stuff I was producing myself in enough quantities and stopped those and offered more on the international market which I have a big enough stockpile of and now I'm having an income of 200 capital a turn if I'm lucky but at least it goes up now and allows me to invest in my industries and infrastructure.
Old 11-26-14, 01:13 PM   #105
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The Times

Monday 21st June 1852 ----------------------------------------------------- Cheaper than Austria!

DIABOLICAL FRENCH PLOT ENDS THE WORLD

It was announced by Whitehall today that a secret French super-weapon has ended the existence of the world, or at very least Western Europe which is pretty much the same thing. The weapon was detonated whilst the British Prime Minister was checking the military forces heading out to Hong Kong. It was unknown at first who was responsible for the world turning into a low resolution mess, but then evidence was gathered and presented to the press by Whitehall at this mornings briefing. We have included a lithiograph of the evidence below. It is unknown how this will effect relations between France and the UK, however sources within the British leadership indicate that so long as it doesn't effect the import of tea and opium then relations should remain sound.

EDITORS NOTE: A simple reload of the save fixed the problem. Never seen PoN do that before though, quite impressive.