Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-19, 08:12 AM   #10381
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

^ Yea yea yea, here we go the moderates are alarmed and we must move forward and end this, same old BS. Steptoe and his gang are raging anti-semites and if you lot don't get off your arses and boot him and his gang out of Labour then you are a useless load of b'stards. I'm sick to death of Labour under the boot of steptoe and his gang of anti-semites while he sucks up to terrorist's.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-12-19, 04:11 AM   #10382
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

yeah Forget about Labour Jim, its over. While they might still market them selves as the 'party of the poeple/workers' to their legacy voters their more northern constituencies, they are absolutely the party of the Southern progressive Soy frapachino drinking Guardian reader.
Vote for them if you want 1930's Social equity 'though an intersectional lense' or if they kick out team Corbyn, a Tony Blair MkII, Because i don't see what else they can really offer at this stage.
In 2018, they tried to hold a conference with different ticket prices for different races. If that's not rock bottom I don't know what is.

That said, I'm not advocating any of the other three, I too would have traditionally been a Labour voter, but I have zero faith in them to provide the most basic level of competence now. I cannot trust any party who are Ideologues first and technocrats second. All that approach has ever done in the long run is break things.

Last edited by JU_88; 07-12-19 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-12-19, 04:43 AM   #10383
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Having anti-semitic communists makes Labour spicy.
Old 07-12-19, 05:22 AM   #10384
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post

That said, I'm not advocating any of the other three, I too would have traditionally been a Labour voter, but I have zero faith in them to provide the most basic level of competence now. I cannot trust any party who are Ideologues first and technocrats second. All that approach has ever done in the long run is break things.
Yep, looks like we are both in the same boat Francis. In fact, just the other night I floated the idea with the wife about emigrating and her response was "Where to and what about our six week old grandaughter Lucia"?

I didn't have an answer.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-12-19, 05:27 AM   #10385
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Potential prime minister Boris Johnson has pledged to end "unfair" prosecutions of Army veterans who served in Northern Ireland.

The Tory leadership contender has joined rival Jeremy Hunt in backing a public campaign supporting soldiers who served during the Troubles.

Many Conservative MPs have called for such a move in recent months.

The government is working on legislation to deal with the legacy of Northern Ireland's Troubles.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48961053
One of the few topics they genuinely agree on and one on which I totally support.

Old 07-12-19, 05:49 AM   #10386
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Checking a couple of my Hotmail accounts and look what popped up

Quote:
MPs Plot Commons 'Sit-In' To Stop Boris Johnson's No-Deal Brexit Plan To Shut Down Parliament.

Chancellor Philip Hammond expects MPs to stage a ‘sit-in’ to stop Boris Johnson from shutting down parliament to ram through a no-deal Brexit, HuffPost UK has learned.

Hammond has told colleagues that Commons Speaker John Bercow and Opposition MPs are likely to insist on carrying on their duties as normal even if the new prime minister attempts to ‘prorogue’ parliament.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...id=mailsignout

Old 07-12-19, 06:13 AM   #10387
STEED
Lucky Jack

For those of you who feel you must vote..

Labour under the present leader who I will not state that persons name anymore will bankrupt the country and the result the Conservatives back in power for a good 10 to 15 years, do you really want that? Labour is in the hands of gangsters and until this lot are booted out there is no hope for Labour.

Conservatives are about to change there leader for the front runner Boris who will crash the UK out of the EU without agreement with them and massive tariffs here we come, Boris and his rich buddies can ride out the rough time can you?

LibDems are also about to change there leader and both candidates have stated they will not work with Labour with their current leader if Labour wins a hung Parliament. LibDems may increase their seats but never will run the country.

SNP will probably not work with Labour with in a hung Parliament without massive demands.

DUP will probably work with Boris and if the Conservatives win a hung Parliament the DUP will be in a better position to make massive demands for their support.

The Brexit Party could very well win a few seats but remember under Nigel UKIP was predicted to win up to 50 seats at one of the past general elections which in the number of votes they came fourth with no seats.

I don't care what that lot say at Westminster the evidence speaks for its self. Politicians do not give a dam about us its all bloody sound bites and fake news from them now, politics is dead.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-12-19, 06:23 AM   #10388
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

You're missing one salient point regarding Farage....This time he has a valid agenda that more voters can identify with, even more so that that which UKIP had......Betrayal!

Old 07-12-19, 06:34 AM   #10389
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
You're missing one salient point regarding Farage....This time he has a valid agenda that more voters can identify with, even more so that that which UKIP had......Betrayal!

Boris will probably crash us out the EU and Brexit party will be history. The backlash will not be pretty, I hope we leave with a deal but I fear the worst.

Old 07-12-19, 07:07 AM   #10390
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt we will ever see a Brexit under the current political climate.

Old 07-12-19, 11:49 AM   #10391
Deepseadiver
Torpedoman

Downloads: 64

I will be happy with that.
Old 07-12-19, 04:08 PM   #10392
STEED
Lucky Jack

I voted to leave the EU with I hoped a orderly withdraw, care too note I paid no attention to the reforendrum campaign and if I did I would have not bothered voting ether way.

So now here today I rather stay in the EU and we plan for the collapse of the EU because one day it will happen and on that day we will be ready. But with the load of usless swine we have at Westminster your probably better off doing your own planing.

Old 07-13-19, 02:05 AM   #10393
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Boris will probably crash us out the EU and Brexit party will be history. The backlash will not be pretty, I hope we leave with a deal but I fear the worst.
Boris may not be able to legally crash us out - not without the support of parliament. The EU would have to kick us out, but as long as they get £££ out of us, they wont.
While Boris has more conviction than May I don't think he is any more competent TBH.
Old 07-13-19, 03:31 AM   #10394
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Boris may not be able to legally crash us out - not without the support of parliament. The EU would have to kick us out, but as long as they get £££ out of us, they wont.
While Boris has more conviction than May I don't think he is any more competent TBH.
Problem is he is not going to do a MayBot and come Oct 31st he knows if he stays in his career is over.

Old 07-13-19, 04:35 AM   #10395
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
ANALYSIS
If Greg Clark is right about Brexit, the Tories could face electoral oblivion
In what could be his final interview as business secretary, Greg Clark didn't pull punches about the damage of a no-deal Brexit.

By Beth Rigby, political editor

https://news.sky.com/story/if-greg-c...ivion-11761422

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics