SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-12, 07:30 PM   #1021
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

BTW, the CK wiki is available here: http://www.creationkit.com/
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 09:20 PM   #1022
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I already had restarted a savegame from just short of Kyneshain three times, but it did not change anything. I also tried the console command "setstage MQ106 150/155/160 (/170/200)" to end that quest for sure, or in the tavern, "setstage 201 0/1/5 (/10/15/20)" to get the new quest started, but again: to no avail. It does not start that way.

Definitely a showstopper bug. Game is version 1.4.21.0.4 . No mods whatever.

A pleasant surprise of a game - now ruined. But sometimes things are just too nice to be true. Where there is one bug, there lurk more in the shadows, evil dirty slimers - and knowing that one needs to expect more of that, dampens considerably any enthusiasm to continue the game. I already had several sidequest bugs, but so far could bypass them via Google and workarounds. Not this one. Just the wiki, when I discovered it - it is filled with bug descriptions from A to Z, almost every quest there is a chapter on seems to feature a longer list of issues some players are haunted by.

Will break off for some more months and meanwhile track the patchline they implement over the next month. At least once again I was lucky and have not payed money on the game.
Well my new 1.4 character is officially past that quest and I can say I never encountered that bug, before or after patch. Since you already tried an earlier save, all that I can suggest is that you go somewhere else and do other quests for a couple of in game days and comeback, sometimes it seems teh NPCs get hung up in the questlines and literally waiting right outside the house doesn't work or atleast it hasnt' for me, but I've gone else where and returned and everything seemed to sort iitself out.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 09:21 PM   #1023
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Good grief this texture pack is STILL downloading. At this rate I'll be lucky if I can fire it up and find out it I can't use it before I go to bed.

Meanwhile my character is stuck standing in a room in Markarth with an impatient burly housecarl and about 10 gajillion pounds of loot between us that I need to sort through and sell. I can only imagine the eye rolling and sarcastic yawning noises I'll have to put up with when I finally get back there.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 09:25 PM   #1024
Drewcifer
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Good grief this texture pack is STILL downloading. At this rate I'll be lucky if I can fire it up and find out it I can't use it before I go to bed.

Meanwhile my character is stuck standing in a room in Markarth with an impatient burly housecarl and about 10 gajillion pounds of loot between us that I need to sort through and sell. I can only imagine the eye rolling and sarcastic yawning noises I'll have to put up with when I finally get back there.
haha, its a long one, 3.1 gigs.. added onto a 5 gig game.. that is quite a download. I started downloading RIGHT when it went online and the servers instantly went to a crawl as every Skyrim nerd on the planet started downloading.

Its worth it though it doesn't make a HUGE Grand scale dramatic change, but it replaces every texture in the game so every little stone or peice of wood up close as significantly more detail.
Old 02-07-12, 09:30 PM   #1025
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Its worth it though it doesn't make a HUGE Grand scale dramatic change, but it replaces every texture in the game so every little stone or peice of wood up close as significantly more detail.
I hope it doesn't make the few texture mods I was already using look crappy by comparison. I'd hate to give up my sex-ay Daedric gear and the F/V twins without that butt-ugly war paint. Not to mention my wedding dress. I mean it's not like I'm ever gonna wear it again, but I suspect the Magigolo swans around the house in it sometimes when I'm out on the road with Argis aka the 3rd Skyrim Panzer Division.

OMG it's down to 36 minutes left... wait, 39... no, 35... well I *might* be able to fire it up for a little bit before I exercise my Real World Well Rested option.
Old 02-07-12, 10:03 PM   #1026
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

HD pack image, they say. source: Eurogamer.net
Old 02-08-12, 03:38 PM   #1027
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Question: anybody having any luck setting off rune traps without actually walking over top of them? Because I can't for the life of me figure out how. Different sources say to use a ranged weapon (arrow or spell) to set them off from a safe distance but I've tried that and it's not working. It's not like I can't take the damage at this point when fully armored up and they're just scattered around in front of some loot or a door but I'd just as soon not have to worry about them in, say, the middle of a boss fight.

I suppose I could just put the 3rd Skyrim Panzer Division into Command Mode and tell him to *Wait There* right on top of one because Talos knows it probably wouldn't do much more than muss his hair but I hate to use him like that just in case something went horribly wrong.
Old 02-08-12, 04:29 PM   #1028
Drewcifer
Commodore

Conjure something ontop of it, I think with conjuration 20 you can summon a familar.

Other then that I've found that casting ontop of runes works, but arrows and the like are worthless. I did however kick a kettle over one and set it off once, by complete accident I'm not sure if that actually works all the time though, I've never tried.
Old 02-08-12, 04:42 PM   #1029
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Conjure something ontop of it, I think with conjuration 20 you can summon a familar.

Other then that I've found that casting ontop of runes works, but arrows and the like are worthless. I did however kick a kettle over one and set it off once, by complete accident I'm not sure if that actually works all the time though, I've never tried.
Yup. Any old destruction spell will trigger them too.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 05:11 PM   #1030
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Yup. Any old destruction spell will trigger them too.

Well I'm sure I've tried destruction spells, do you need one that is a differing elemental? Never tried conjuring anything on top of one, I can't remember if I know a spell for that and I always let the Magigolo carry the staves except for Sanguine Rose and that seems like a waste of a perfectly good dremora.

Oooh I do have Telekinesis though, but I've never really practiced it. I think I pulled something to me once but never had any luck flinging it away. Maybe I should try that out, fling a basket or something on top of one.
Old 02-08-12, 05:22 PM   #1031
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Well I'm sure I've tried destruction spells, do you need one that is a differing elemental?
No, I just use flames or sparks depending on which I have handy.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 07:28 PM   #1032
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 07:29 PM   #1033
Drewcifer
Commodore

Yep, you can cast whatever ontop of the rune and it will go off, just mind that if you use flames instead of firebolt you might get hit by the rune anyways as your probably not far enough away.
Old 02-08-12, 07:37 PM   #1034
Drewcifer
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I love Skyrim... I'm going to be playing this game for so long...
Old 02-08-12, 07:48 PM   #1035
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Looking at the CK, there's soooooo much they could've done with number of
things to make this game of the decade pretty much.

Like I mentioned to Arclight on Steam already, the weapon/armor crafting in the
stock game is just a tip of the iceberg. If you add a new weapon/armor with
the CK, you can add a whole new recipe for it and that recipe can be ANYTHING
you want. Like 1 iron ignot or something, but this also allows for the crafting of
special custom weapons/armor. Like, say you have a shortsword and you want
it to have 5 uses that poison the enemy, you could just make a new weapon
and make a crafting recipe of shortsword + [whatever you want].

Example, I want to make armor that has chameleon 100 (Credit to Arclight
for the idea ), I could give it a new ID in the CK and give it a recipe
like leather armor + plant [x] + plant [y]

EDIT: Gah, just check this tutorial:
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote