SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-08, 02:29 PM   #1006
chris
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Mikhayl,

two more questions:

1. Who is the modder of the blue uniorm mod that is used in your Schnellboote mod? I want to give credit, when i launch my little corrections mod.

2. I started my career in `41 in Cherbourg. Shoping screens shows me the updates "GW Kapselgebläse" and "Bold5". I bought both and only the engine update icon appears at the boat. Also I´cant use the deploying decoys key "J" for making smoke. Nothing happens. Is that correct ? I remember, that the Bold was launched in the late years of WW2.

Thanks
Chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 03:04 PM   #1007
chris
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi Chris, all the graphic bits, uniforms, boat skins, menus etc were made by Boris. About the "bold", it's a leftover, I couldn't get a good enough smoke effect so I removed the feature but I forgot to delete the shopping screen entry

Thanks for quick answer. That is really too sad. I was very exited when i saw your srennies and was looking forward to the smoke function. Never mind. Is there a little chance to get this in the future, or did you stopped working on the mod?

Best regards
Chris
Old 09-30-08, 03:04 PM   #1008
Dr. Evil
Watch

Downloads: 95

Quote:
Hi Chris, all the graphic bits, uniforms, boat skins, menus etc were made by Boris. About the "bold", it's a leftover, I couldn't get a good enough smoke effect so I removed the feature but I forgot to delete the shopping screen entry
First of all, EXCELLENT mod. I LOVE schnellboots.

Second, I've read alot of this thread, and maybe I've missed something, but the 40/37 mm gun (I forgot which) does not work for me. I've tried several routes, including clicking on the ammo icon. Is this thing supposed to work, or what?

But thanks for the fantastic mod.
Old 09-30-08, 03:46 PM   #1009
chris
Torpedoman

Default correct sleevebadges for KM uniforms

This little add on will correct the sleevebadges historically at the Kriegsmarine officer uniforms. The main mod was created by Boris. All credits to him.

This mod is JSGME ready. For individual dressing your crew members go to your careers folder, crew_config of your actual patrol, find entry "BodyTgaIdx" of each person you want to coat and change the numbers of your choice:

1 = Leutnant z. S. = 01_OFF_Body01_D
2 = Oberleutnant z. S = 02_OFF_Body01_D
3 = Kapitänleutnant = 03_OFF_Body01_D

Then got to en_menu, fr_menu or de_menu and change the entrys as follows:

166=Leutnant z. S.
167=Oberleutnant z. S.
168=Kapitänleutnant

That´s all.

Chris

http://hosted.filefront.com/einbecker/
Old 10-09-08, 03:02 PM   #1010
Dr. Evil
Watch

Downloads: 95

Okay, final question.

When I go on missions in this work of art, it says "Patrol Grid: Nordsee."

So I go to Nordsee. I criss cross Nordsee for hours, days, weeks. Not only does it never say that I arrived at Nordsee in my orders, but I don't see anyone. Not a soul. My torpedoes rust in their tubes, and my modern-day Viking longboat thirsts for blood.

Old 10-13-08, 10:33 PM   #1011
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Ok I reinstalled SH3 just for this mod, and I get a CTD! What do I need to do to make the mod work!? When I install "Holland Canals" do I use GME?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 10:30 AM   #1012
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Hi Ivan & everyone, I uploaded a new "lite" version of the mod that should work flawlessly at last, please check the first post for download link and details
ok thanks! Do we need to use GWX?

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 10-14-08, 11:16 AM   #1013
ivank
The Old Man

yea I know i just didnt think I needed to use it. I thought that meant no other supermods!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 10-14-08, 01:03 PM   #1014
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 205

Mikhayl,

Could use your help or anybody for that matter. I'm deployed to the desert and all I have is SH3 on a laptop, War Ace Lite 2.0, and your ShnellBoot mod(part of it I think - just grabbed the data files for sb1, sb3, sb4, sb5 from the mods folder as I was running out the door. Not your new lite version). Anyway, I'm trying to get your wonderful mod up and running but I'm CTD all over the place. The closest I get to playing is with a vanilla SH3 patched to 1.4b. I can only choose 1939, 1st Flotilla in Career mode and it places me around Africa at start-up. Oh, and I have no ability to download anything off the net. Damn Admin rights. Does anyone know of anyway I can McGiver up some type of career with what I have. I'm not great with modding myself, but I know my way around file structures, etc... I was thinking of a possible solution. Would it be possible to replace the uboats at Brest with the S-Boot for either vanilla or War Ace modded campaign? That would get me close enough to the channel, and I could just ignore where they tell me to patrol and go out on my own.

Last edited by clayton; 10-14-08 at 01:16 PM.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 01:17 PM   #1015
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Hi Ivan & everyone, I uploaded a new "lite" version of the mod that should work flawlessly at last, please check the first post for download link and details
Thanks !
I'm going to test your mod now.
Old 10-15-08, 02:54 AM   #1016
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
It's gonna be difficult to be sure but here's something you can try :
It's best to try to put it above war ace indeed, that will put more trafic in the channel.
I don't remember exactly but I think WAC 2.0 already included quite a lot of new harbours, maybe Cherbourg and some others you may want to use ?

Anyway, something quick that might work is to delete the "terrain" folder from SB01/data, and in data/campaigns/campaign/, delete everything excepted "Campaign_LND.mis". Then enable WAC 2.0 and SB01 on top of it. This way you should have the correct flotillas and starting positions, although there might be no harbour.
If it doesn't work we'll try something else

edit : cool Alex, let me know in case I again missed something that doesn't work
No luck really. It seems my problem is any year after 1940 I start with a type VIIB. I cant change to IIA. So, there must be a way to disable all other types of uboats. I also dont have a data/ campaigns/campaign folders in my SB1 mod. I have that in war ace and of course vanilla sh3. What I have done:

SB1 erased Terraign folder
War Ace erased everything from campaign folder but LND.mis
The only way I could get an SBoot was to select Le Harve in 1939. It put me there but everything was neutral even after 1 Sept 39.

If I choose any other Flotilla, I either get a type VIIB or C
Old 10-15-08, 05:16 AM   #1017
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Oh OK, I assumed you had the 1.0 version which has campaign layers etc.
Another solution then, is to install war ace in full, including the campaign files so you will have more shipping than in stock.
Next, delete the "flotilla.cfg" from SB01/data/cfg (if it's there), and replace it by a copy of the war ace file. Then you have to manually edit this file with notepad, to have the IIA as unique boat for all the flotillas.

It starts like this :

Quote:
[Flotilla]
NbFlotilla=8
NbStartingFlotilla=8

Flotilla0=902
TO0=940
NbStartingDate0=6
NbDate0=6
Emblem0=data/Emblems/SubEmblems/Flotillas/1st flotilla.tga
NbBases0=2
Base0_0=750;Kiel
Date0_0_0=1939
Month0_0_0=8
Date0_0_1=1941
Month0_0_1=5
DeparturePointLong0_0=1218360.000000
DeparturePointLat0_0=6521927.000000
Heading0_0=89.000000
Base0_1=751;Brest
Date0_1_0=1941
Month0_1_0=6
Date0_1_1=1944
Month0_1_1=8
DeparturePointLong0_1=-534395.000000
DeparturePointLat0_1=5805818.000000
Heading0_1=180.000000
NbUboats0=2 change to "NbUboats=1"
Uboat0_0=0 Must be "=0" for all flotillas (0=Type II)
Uboat0_1=1 erase any following line
Then you have to edit all the text blocks like the one just below the flotilla info, there's one for each year for each flotilla :

Quote:
Date00=1939
Month00=8
Starting00=Yes
TypeSub00=0; typeII <-must be used for all text blocks
VersionSub00=0; A <-must be used for all text blocks
iNbName00=3
Name000=U-1
Name001=U-2 those "name" lines can be edited at will if you want
Name002=U-3 historically correct boat numbers but it's not necessary
T0_000=60
T0_001=80
T2_000=15
T2_001=20
PlayerStartRenown00=500
That's it, now you'll have the s-boot for any career start, and IIRC there are some harbours in the Channel in war ace, so you can use them but since they're not homebases you won't be able to check the "desk" and "upgrade" screens I think :hmm:
That seemed to do the trick, though I only changed 1st Flotilla. I started in Rotterdam 1941 with 1st Flot. Everything worked ok, though I ran into a sub net. I'll have to map out the harbor:p . Other tyhan a black sky during daytime (I think caused by war ace), everything seems to be working. How can I change my grid assignment to reflect north sea, etc. I suppose I can go there, but if I dont go to the grid, I wont get the renown increase and medals, right? Thanks for helping me out.
*edit*
Also, when I had your mod installed on my homecomputer with GWX 2.1, I noticed that my crewmembers had on the new navel jacket, etc. I don't remember if I had to download that or if it was part of sb01.

Last edited by clayton; 10-15-08 at 05:30 AM.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 02:16 PM   #1018
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
The uniforms should be part of base mod/SB01, although Chris posted reworked ones with correct ranks.
For the grid assignments, you can edit flotilla.cfg again, you have that almost endless string of assignments for each month of each year
Or you can just edit basic.cfg to reflect GWX 2.1 changes (maybe it's already done, I don't remember), you just have to edit these lines near the beginning of the file :
Quote:
[RENOWN]
RenownReachGridObjCompleted=0
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=0
CompletedPatrol=0
That way all the renown is for tonnage sunk only.

For the black sky thing, IIRC it's either a problem with scene.dat or a texture. You can try to disable war ace, delete the "misc" folder and retry. If it's still black, disable everything, put back the "misc" folder, delete "scene.dat" from the data/ folder and retry.
I think this should solve the problem, although if you have to delete scene.dat you will lose the 16km atmosphere from war ace (at least I think it's a 16km scene) and have the stock 8km.
After that you should finally be ready to sink stuff
Just about there. Couple of more fixes, and my glue and spit mod ought to be able to hold up and a whopping 11 fps.

Now, unless I didn't grab the right mod (remember, I just grabbed your data folder(version 0.9) from the data file) I don't have the uniform changes. Also, I noticed that I can only get one light AA gun, and if I choose 39 or 40 none. I did what you said and I still get the black sky. Vanilla SH3 I have no problem. What I didn't do was to erase both scene.dat and Misc folder. Maybe that might work. Maybe their might be a War Ace guy who could help me with this. Also, there may be a way for me to download your new version. Would that be better to try with war ace, than version 0.9? I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out. It's really hard to do things when your deployed to some far off country. Alot of guys are sending me pm's of support, and they really appreciate you helping me out. Thanks.

Clay
Old 10-15-08, 05:25 PM   #1019
clayton
Samurai Navy

Thank you for helping me out. I'll visit your page and try to download it. We may have to start this all over again.:rotfl:

I hope I can return the favor someday.
Old 10-15-08, 05:37 PM   #1020
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
No problem mate, I have my arse rivetted to my seat, SH3 in the background and subsim on top, or the other way around, so it's not a bother at all
Ok, I'm gonna walk over to the TOC and try and download it now. To kill time, considering it may take awhile, let's assume I do, what would I have to do? Remember, I have War Ace Lite 2.0 and hopefully your new update. I'm gonna send this and take off.

Clay