Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-20, 06:34 AM   #1006
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It might be a bit more disconcerting to the people of Australia which is where Hanks and his wife contracted the virus, and where they still remain BTW, but please, do go on chicken little.
Not much more I would expect from you. But do really have the indecency to also tell this to the Italians after you learned how desperate their situation is?
I repost this (thanks Traveller), the guy speaks simply reasonable conclusions.

Especially 6:40 on, but also later in the video.

Old 03-12-20, 07:43 AM   #1007
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

Actually, I don't think the quality of the health facilities has as much to do with as people will freak out and get serious about staying home once the numbers explode. Once the numbskulls realize they are in it, there will be some serious social distancing. Just my opinion.

reasonable opinion, and I agree. Its just that I think compared to the rest of the world they're pretty damn good. Also unlike Italians we're not exactly a cuddly touchy feely bunch of people. Americans like our personal space so we already got that for us too.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-12-20 at 07:52 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:02 AM   #1008
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I wonder if I can get out of jury duty... by wearing a corona virus mask. Being in a jury pool certainly constitutes a 'mass gathering' imho! I seem to get summoned every two years and my wife had to report earlier this week too...jury service vs jury servitude?
Having recently completed my jury service I agree with your use of the term 'servitude'.....I enjoyed a lifetime exemption because of my former service, that was until someone moved the goalposts and changed it to five years exemption.

I'm not entirely convinced selection is as random as it is claimed because I met three other former officers in the court complex which adds to my suspicion someone is sitting in front of a computer and saying "Oh look, another one who has lost lifetime exemption, lets pick them'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:10 AM   #1009
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Trump (finally) shut down air travel from Europe ... starting Friday
He also said
Quote:
President Trump said for most Americans the risk was "very, very low" adding "no nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923
Yet it is being reported here in the UK that there is a severe shortage of testing kits in the US.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:12 AM   #1010
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Did you watch any of the Trump videos about the virus

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:17 AM   #1011
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

the test kits. according to CDC testimony before congress the other day. I understand that the CDC has 75,000 kits available and that there are currently 1 million and growing through commercial sources. to be tested certain criteria must be met. this is to prevent a log jam delaying results for people that truly need them. It is not reasonable to test every of the 350 million people in the U.S. just because they want one. You still need to go see a doctor.

8.3 billion additional funding was approved to combat the virus most of which went towards developing a vaccine.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-12-20 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-12-20, 08:36 AM   #1012
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

the other topic CDC was talking about before congress. Europe, your free flowing open borders are going to cause us (and you) major problems. It was recommended we take action, presto next day all flights cancelled.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-12-20 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-12-20, 08:46 AM   #1013
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
reasonable opinion, and I agree. Its just that I think compared to the rest of the world they're pretty damn good.
Compared to the developing world's, which makes the majority of the population, I guess, yes.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:21 AM   #1014
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

This makes sense after two of their cruise ships have already experienced casualties from Covid-19.

The cruise line said that they want to take care of their own first.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...PNm?li=BBnb7Kz

Carnival's Princess Cruises suspends global operations for 2 months on coronavirus fears

Quote:
Princess Cruises, the operator of two coronavirus-stricken ships, said on Thursday it would suspend
global operations of its 18 cruise ships for twomonths, sending shares of its parent company Carnival Corp down 22% in premarket trading.
32 days today I've been sick

I thought my flu was over last week, but I went to bed coughing and woke up coughing ... Now I'm back to treating it with just over the counter meds.
My first thought was maybe the flu is in my home and I need to clean it better.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:23 AM   #1015
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

Did any one else think Trump looked particularly pained when he gave his brief address on Wednesday night? He was so stilted and awkward it kind of reminded me of one of those hostage videos where someone is holding up cue cards with the demands while another person holds a gun on the hostage speaking; did anyone see if maybe Trump was trying to send a hidden signal, you know like blinking out Morse code or something? Or, maybe, he was inwardly contemplating how he has royally screwed the pooch and frittering away his hopes of reeleection...
Yeah, he looked like he was out of it. He has a high likelihood of having the virus, with all the people he sees daily. God, I hope Mike Pence is feeling strong. He's the same age as me but in far better condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Shinra View Post
Meh, as of now, people are enjoying picturing this as the end of civilization, acting as if it was mega-Ebola killing painfully all people contaminated.

It's kinda funny.
Really? Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
He also said

Yet it is being reported here in the UK that there is a severe shortage of testing kits in the US.
Yeah, boilerplate Trump, has to add some put downs of Europe, boast about how the US is the best and most capable, blah blah. Honestly, China did a far better job handling this than we have done. Labs across the US have been ordered not to test by the CDC.

Quote:
the sluggish rollout of the tests has become a debilitating weakness in America’s response to the spread of the coronavirus. By this point in its outbreak, South Korea had tested more than 100,000 people for the disease, and it was testing roughly 15,000 people every day. The United Kingdom, where three people have died of COVID-19, has already tested more than 24,900 people.

‘It’s Just Everywhere Already’: How Delays in Testing Set Back the U.S. Coronavirus Response

Quote:
C.D.C. officials repeatedly said it would not be possible. “If you want to use your test as a screening tool, you would have to check with F.D.A.,” Gayle Langley, an officer at the C.D.C.’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease, wrote back in an email on Feb. 16. But the F.D.A. could not offer the approval because the lab was not certified as a clinical laboratory under regulations established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a process that could take months.

Dr. Chu and Dr. Lindquist tried repeatedly to wrangle approval to use the Seattle Flu Study. The answers were always no.

“We felt like we were sitting, waiting for the pandemic to emerge,” Dr. Chu said. “We could help. We couldn’t do anything.”
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:30 AM   #1016
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

When people here or elsewhere are saying that their country is frakked because this or that decision wasn't taken fast enough, that it'll be a complete nightmare, I can't help but to roll my eyes. Same for the rushes seen for stores and the like, it's pretty amusing, Onkel.

The economic issues, OTOH, are going to be more painful and reinforced by the panic.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:33 AM   #1017
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

Quote:
Trump (finally) shut down air travel from Europe ... starting Friday
EU not us...

Oh wait hang on maybe some of us who visited Europe in a certain time frame.

Good news for jim if he gets called up again for jury service, USA here he comes.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:39 AM   #1018
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon8

DAY 4 My Supermarket toilet roll shelf today....

Every where else is like this and one small shop is now charging £5 for four rolls!!!!

Dam you panic buyers.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:45 AM   #1019
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I went to the store last night to pick some more canning jars. On the way in I saw two people rolling out carts with nothing else but toilet paper.

Old 03-12-20, 09:52 AM   #1020
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
EU not us... [...]
It is all the EU's fault.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan