SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-22, 09:52 PM   #10111
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

And here I thought mask mandates were based on science! Follow the science mandate Nazis proclaimed, science rules, Fauci IS science!

This article goes to show it was all political b.s.

Abrupt end to mask mandates reflects a shifting political landscape

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ab...cid=uxbndlbing

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 12:44 AM   #10112
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Afraid"...?

You may laugh at me, but when I leave the house, I lock the door to my flat. When in a car, I use the seat-belts. And I don't jump out of a window just because I am standing on the third floor.

Not fear. Reason.

Fear was a part regarding my old parents who for long time stayed to be unvaccinated, until last late Novembre - I feared I unknowingly might bring the plague into their home. If they would have died due to that, i would have never forgiven myself. Seen that way, again: it was reason. That my old father tremendously benefitted from massive additional health improvements by following my example, was an unintended bonus. His doctor is perplexed. To lesser degree, my Mum benefitted of it as well.

And another reason: Initially I got engaged with these topics via Vit-D, that is correct. But i soon found the whole topic of food-related and orthomolecular medicine to be extremely interesting for the sake of the very topics themselves. I am interested in these like I am interested in astronomy, or chess openings. Its fascinating stuff.

BTW, I am sick and tired, too, of this whole pandemic situation, like so many others are. I think way ahead of the German govenrment's delayed easing - or better: non-easing - of lockdowns and measurements. I think since weeks we must open up again, cannot afford to go on like this any longer, and I always thought that we will need to risk mass infection of the population - once a huge part of the population can go through that under the protective umbrella of being vaccinated. Its not a perfect solution, but its the best we can acchieve, I think. But many Germans are indeed paralysed like a deer in the searchhlight.

If we do not open up again now - WHEN THEN...???
Thanks for the reply. Hell 3 of my neighbors and 2 of my family are now dead.So it's not bull****.I have survived by reading your post.Now i don't know if i'm just lucky.So thank's we will see about 2022.I was just being Gorpet.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 05:48 AM   #10113
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hundreds of thousands of people are heading away as the half-term holidays start in many parts of the UK

Britons going on overseas holidays still need to follow local Covid rules.

But people travelling to the UK will no longer need to take any tests if fully vaccinated.

Travel association Abta describes the easing of Covid restrictions as a "new chapter"

Turkey, Egypt and Portugal among the most popular destinations for winter sun.

The Downing Street lockdown parties probe will not be affected by Met Police chief Cressida Dick's departure, a London Assembly member says.

The UK reported 66,638 Covid cases on Thursday.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 03:21 PM   #10114
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Thanks for the reply. Hell 3 of my neighbors and 2 of my family are now dead.So it's not bull****.I have survived by reading your post.Now i don't know if i'm just lucky.So thank's we will see about 2022.I was just being Gorpet.
I lost two of my three international correspondence chess partners in the first summer of the first Corona year (2020), and a third person that I happened to know via internet since long time. We played chess since almost 20 years. One was a Canadian doctor living and working in NY, he was "at the very front", so to speak, and thats why he lost his life. He was also the one who gave me early warnings already in late Novembre 2019, because he once worked for his govenrment at the WHO, and got under the hand some informal words from his former colleagues.

Its not the same like family members dying, but I knew these men since almost 20 years, and we had good discussions, many furious chess matches that lasted a year or so per match (old fashioned, one move per email, we liked it the old way), and formed as personal relations as you can via internet. Also, my father took the second jab very heavy and got kncoked out by it, had to go to hospital with it, for one day and a bit I was very unsure about his future fate and feared he would die.

So, I think I can understand, at least a bit, how it must have been for you with your family losses.

Keep your head up.
Old 02-12-22, 06:01 AM   #10115
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-12-22, 06:05 AM   #10116
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-12-22, 03:53 PM   #10117
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@Gorpet i missed you postings, sorry to hear of you family losses. I hope all is well with you 'as far as possible'. Skybird said it all. Keep your head up.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 09:27 AM   #10118
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-14-22, 11:05 AM   #10119
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Well Since I didn't exactly had a sore throat, had a little last Sunday and little on Monday last week, since then no more.

Since I didn't have pain in my chest but mostly back of my chest between my shoulder blade

Since I Had/have a cough but it's not persistent

Running nose but
No Sneezing

Fatigue is something I'm suffering from since year back.

With this in mind I said to myself I got and old fashion cold....Well then this Saturday I started to lose my smell. Today I can't smell a thing-My taste is still there.

So I made a search and discovered that you can also lose your smell during a cold.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 01:50 PM   #10120
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-14-22, 01:56 PM   #10121
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-15-22, 09:54 AM   #10122
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Covid deaths in UK continue to fall

Death registrations involving Covid in the UK fell slightly in the week ending 4 February, according to the latest Office for National Statistics figures.

There were 13,472 deaths registered in total in the UK during that week - 9% below the five-year average.

A total of 1,390 of these involved Covid - a fall of 155 compared with the previous week.

If a death certificate mentions Covid, it will not always be the main cause of death but may be a contributory factor.

Currently, fewer than two in every three Covid-related deaths are estimated to be caused by the infection.

A doctor can certify the involvement of Covid based on symptoms and clinical findings - a positive test result is not always required.

A total of 183,502 deaths have occurred in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60388805

Old 02-15-22, 11:59 AM   #10123
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-16-22, 08:56 AM   #10124
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-16-22, 09:02 AM   #10125
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan