Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-23, 12:50 PM   #991
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Scottish health secretary Michael Matheson's pitiful own goal as he clings on to his job after admitting he had not told the truth about his £11,000 iPad bill and blaming his sons for racking up the charges by watching football on holiday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-holiday.html

Matheson finally tells the truth, if he had admitted to it in the first place this wouldn't have been an issue, but money and Ministers raises its ugly head once again, once they have their grubby hands around a wad of banknotes you'd need a bleeding jackhammer to prise their fingers open.

Now to the bigger question, were these kids supervised all the time they watched the football match or were they not?, if not, then why not?, it is a government device after all, which I suspect contains some sensitive material on it. I'm sure Matheson would lie about that too, what a dodgy character he is, and useless Yousaf doesn't come out of this farce without egg on his face either..
Matheson's a complete plank, he's only in the job because Sturgeon's Valkyrie Brigade are doing other things now that she isn't First Minister.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-23, 07:12 PM   #992
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

1,000 more migrants cross on small boats - THIS is exactly why Braverman is right

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...5d3c4e5c&ei=13

GB News might not be the most impartial media outlet in the world, but what they're saying in the article I've posted is true. Sunak and the Tories Migrant Policy lays bare the ineptitude of a Political Parties Final Death Throes, the sooner Sunak and his sycophants **** off somewhere else, the better off the UK will be.

Terrorist supporting Migrants marching in our cities trying to change government policy should have had the alarm bells ringing out loud and clear, but not this government No, they just keep letting them sail across the channel in their little boats and put them up in 5 star hotels, it's absolute bleeding madness from the most inept Tory government of all time.

And what's the Tories answer to this Migrant Invasion, yep, they do what they always do, they attack the poor again and again, if they put as much energy into removing the Migrant Scum from these shores instead of filling the crematoriums and cemeteries with British White people then, we wouldn't have a Migrant problem in the first place.

I'm totally ******* ****** off with these Tory braindead bastards.
Old 11-18-23, 07:52 AM   #993
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Sir Keir Starmer said Jeremy Corbyn’s “days as a Labour MP are over” as he condemned the former leader’s repeated refused to call Hamas a terrorist organisation in an interview.

The Labour leader said his predecessor – stripped of the party whip in 2020 – “won’t stand as a Labour MP at the next election or any election”.

Mr Corbyn had been repeatedly asked on Talk TV’s Piers Morgan Uncensored programme this week if he thought Hamas was a terror group.

But the independent Islington North MP, an outspoken critic of Israel, continually avoided the question and attempted to move the conversation on.

Mr Corbyn later told Times Radio: “Of course it [7 October] was a terror attack and it was an awful attack.”
Sir Keir – who served in Mr Corbyn’s shadow cabinet – said he was “taken aback and shocked” by the left-wing stalwart’s refusal to describe Hamas as a terror outfit in the TalkTV interview.

“It reaffirmed in me why it is so important to me and to this changed Labour party that Jeremy Corbyn does not sit as a Labour MP and will not be a candidate at the next election for the Labour party,” he continued. “That is how far we have changed as the Labour party.”

Asked whether Mr Corbyn’s interview with Morgan would preclude him from standing for Labour again, Sir Keir: “He won’t stand as a Labour MP at the next election or any election. His days as a Labour MP are over. We have a changed party.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...8f3579eb&ei=12
Corbyn (Steptoe) the soul reason I left the Labour Party (the day after he took charge).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-23, 08:06 AM   #994
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Tories have repeatedly called themselves the party of low taxation over the years but whether that was correct or not it most certainly isn't now.

Old 11-18-23, 11:42 AM   #995
Moonlight
Admiral

^Aye, they were called the party of Law and Order as well, sadly, that's Not True these days either.
Old 11-18-23, 01:14 PM   #996
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Reshuffle deals drama but voters more worried about wallets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67462636
Well I know I certainly am, my state pension eats up most of my tax allowance so my forces pension is taxed from the word go.

Old 11-19-23, 07:10 AM   #997
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Jeremy Hunt considers shock income tax cut after warnings of red wall revolt if budget favours wealthy
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ba0b841b&ei=32
I'll only believe it if and when it happens but I do remain hopeful.

Old 11-19-23, 08:10 AM   #998
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-19-23, 09:48 AM   #999
Moonlight
Admiral

DAN HODGES: To Red Wallers, Cameron is not only a slap in the face - he's a knee to the groin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnis...nee-groin.html

Lord Snot Nose of Chipping Norton David Cameron is causing trouble and strife in the Old Red Wall seats and he hasn't even done anything yet, Sunak fired Suella and hired Cameron, it's not what they wanted and they'll let the Tories know at next years ballot box.

I wonder what colour it will be next year?, that's a tough one to predict this far out but, I can say this with confidence, it wont be mainly Blue, me thinks it could be either multi coloured or mainly Red, could the Reform party get a look in?, it's doubtful but, these are strange political times we are in, so nothing would surprise me anymore.
Old 11-19-23, 09:55 AM   #1000
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

My own personal concern centres around my strongly held belief that one side is no better than the other.

Old 11-20-23, 07:49 AM   #1001
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-20-23, 07:59 AM   #1002
Moonlight
Admiral

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt shelves plans to slash inheritance tax in his Autumn Statement amid fears of a Red Wall backlash if the 'death tax' is cut for the wealthy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-wealthy.html

Whoever came up with this idea in the first place should be hung, drawn and quartered.
I'm surprised they didn't try to justify this by using Liz Truss and her "Trickle Down Economics" idea that they tried to con us with, that has since been debunked all over the world as a load of bollocks.

Quote:
Trickle down-economics in the UK
Trickle down-economics came to the forefront of UK politics when Liz Truss's Government announced its mini-budget on Friday 23 September. The plans included that:

The cap on bankers’ bonuses would be abolished
The rise in corporation tax and national insurance would be reversed
Stamp duty would be cut
The top income tax rate would be scrapped
The decisions were made to put millions into the pockets of the wealthiest to spur economic growth. Liz Truss said ‘Lower taxes lead to economic growth, there’s no doubt in my mind.’

But markets didn’t agree with her.

Whenever a government does not make enough money through tax to cover its spending, the money has to come from national debt. The mini-budget is estimated to reduce revenue by £45 billion but has no intention to cut spending.

Typically, increases in government borrowing lead to greater returns on bonds because the dramatic increase in supply (without an increase in demand) causes the securities to fall in value. The bond yields have to increase to remain competitive and bring in investors.

After the mini-budget, 2-year UK government bonds hit the highest level since the 2008 crisis. This should in theory strengthen the pound as foreign investors rush to invest in domestic assets – but this didn’t happen.

Within a matter of days, £500 billion was wiped off UK markets. There was a run on sterling that caused it to fall to multi-decade lows against the dollar, and the FTSE tumbled as British assets were sold off.

In an unprecedented move toward a non-emerging market, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) made a statement criticising the decision. The supranational body urged the government to reconsider the tax cuts that it said would stoke inequality within the country.
Old 11-20-23, 08:34 AM   #1003
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A reasonable increase in the personal allowance and retention of the triple lock will suit me fine thank you.

Old 11-20-23, 02:29 PM   #1004
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tories move to clamp down on low paid migrants with immigration stats due to hit 500,000

It's reported foreign workers will now need a salary of more than £30,000 to come to Britain, up from the current £26,200 required by workers outside "shortage occupations".

However, even the new figure is well below the median UK wage of £33,000.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...5d6bee09&ei=19

Old 11-21-23, 05:39 AM   #1005
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Best make it quick then and don't forget to close the door behind you.

Quote:
Humza Yousaf warned SNP's 'absurd' bid to rejoin EU will make Scotland 'a basket case'

Humza Yousaf's SNP risks turning Scotland into an "utter basket case of a failed state" with his party's plan to take an independent Scotland back into the European Union, Reform UK deputy leader Ben Habib has warned.

Mr Habib was commenting after the publication of the SNP's seventh paper on independence, entitled: "An independent Scotland in the EU."

The 78-page document says the process of re-joining the bloc would be "closely aligned" with the process of establishing a Scottish pound, something discussed in a previous paper.

The document also described plans for checks on goods which are traded across the border between an independent Scotland and England, envisaging what it calls a "single trade window" online.
However, former Brexit Party MEP Mr Habib was far from convinced.

He told Express.co.uk: "The fact is, Scotland would not be independent if it joins the EU.

"It would have given up its ancient successful union with the rest of Great Britain to join a failing one with the EU."

It was obvious that there could be no route for Scotland rejoining without "standing on its own two legs" for at a number of years, Mr Habib pointed out.

He explained: "The EU will insist on being able to assess Scotland as a genuinely independent country, test its economic capability and indeed its general ability to govern itself.

"The notion that it could hop and skip its way into the EU is absurd."

It was this intermediate period of genuine independence which exposed Mr Humza's ambitions as unworkable, Mr Habib said.

He continued: "Right now, it is English generosity that props up Scotland.

"What will he do when that ends? Launch a new currency? Print his own monopoly money with no meaningful economy to back it up?

"All the complaints made by him about the post-Brexit British economy will pale by comparison to the utter basket case of a failed state he would create.

"The new Scottish currency would tank; Scotland would be bust before you could say Robert is your father's brother."

Referencing Hilaire Belloc's 1907 poem Jim, in which the title character is famously eaten by a lion during a trip to the zoo, Mr Habib added: "No Mr Humza, you will not be able to deliver. My advice to you is:

"...Always keep a-hold of Nurse, for fear of finding something worse!"

Unveiling the paper last week, Constitution Secretary Angus Robertson said: "A Yes vote in a referendum on that question in Scotland would begin the process of our negotiations with the UK and then, in time, with the EU.

"And, we would imagine that, that would take in the same sort of order as other countries that have joined, that's anything between two years and five years.

"But we would be starting from a very different position.

"We're literally the only part of the European Union that's been taken out against our will and we're the only part of the formerly part of the European Union that is seeking to rejoin."

Mr Robertson subsequently told Express.co.uk:

External Affairs Secretary Angus Robertson said: "Independence would give Scotland direct representation in European decision-making for the very first time, providing opportunities for our economy to grow inside a market which is seven times the size of the UK and escape the damage of the UK's hard Brexit, which is hitting Scotland's economy and communities hard."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...3cd5b53a&ei=39