Closed Thread

Old 01-31-17, 08:58 PM   #991
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You know what they say about petting a burning dog.
Use oven gloves?

So...Gorsuch...the surprise announcement that thanks to twitter wasn't a surprise.
Once the Democrat blockade has been passed (because they will block this, because that's just how it is now, don't expect bi-partisanship anymore, that's dead). He seems a bit confused on the idea of the separation of church and state, but there's a lot of that going around at the moment. I can see Roe vs Wade being taken out back and shot, and that's really not going to help matters much. But he's got a sound mind on term limits, and I think that if there was any bipartisanship left to be had, that might be where it could be sought...but there isn't, so it won't.

So...how long do you think it'll take to get him appointed? I'm thinking a month at least.
Old 01-31-17, 09:17 PM   #992
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Still no explanation. At this point I think we can draw our own conclusions as to why Yubba thinks that someone being white makes them being improperly targeted by the TSA more significant.
oohh is that your conclusion really,, apparently a 80 year old white woman in a wheel chair ,, life, civil rights and dignity doesn't matter to you,, what they did was totally inappropriate and made me about sick to watch,, you want to read something into it because I said white,, is because you got nothin but ridicule and you wonder why Trump won,, your utophia was nothing more than a fascist police state.

Old 01-31-17, 09:33 PM   #993
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Learn to read.

Old 01-31-17, 10:04 PM   #994
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You know what they say about petting a burning dog.
Soon you'll need a new dog?
Old 01-31-17, 10:11 PM   #995
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Learn to read.
More insults,, I guess the law doesn't matter to you either,, because you can't abide to the simple rules of this forum,, and you wonder why Trump won ,plus you could only come up with one event while there is 100s if not 1000s of instances of TSA abusing their authority under the Obama administration, obey the Law.

Last edited by yubba; 01-31-17 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-31-17, 10:26 PM   #996
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Trump has just fired his Attorney General for defying him, and calls her a "traitor".

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u...memo.html?_r=0

Have the heads of the various departments to obey him despite better knowledge, or if instructed to violate the constitution.. i mean can he really rule with decrees, without consulting anyone?

The newspapers here are full of all kinds of alleged violations against the US constitution, however those are european papers.. Nigel Farage of course supports the US president firing all staff.. i wonder.. ah whatever (*grabs popcorn*)
The Attorney General is not voted into office but is an employee in the executive branch of government who is chosen and appointed by the chief executuve (the president) and serves soley at his or her good pleasure.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 01-31-17, 10:56 PM   #997
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Meanwhile another liberal attack on Trump's travel ban:
Quote:
Donald Trump's US travel ban on people from seven mainly Muslim countries could become a "propaganda opportunity" for so-called Islamic State, the UK's home secretary has warned.
Amber Rudd called the president's move "divisive" and "wrong".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38814346

Except of course that Rudd is a senior member of the ruling Conservative party. And the PM has backed her up, needless to say. Not often I'm in agreement with them, but this seems entirely cogent, and to the point.

Old 01-31-17, 11:56 PM   #998
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's a public relations disaster alright, but that's exactly what this presidency was designed to be from the onset. So, you know, that's how it's going to be...and PM May is probably going to realise that she's hitched her wagon to a toxic personality...but, well, Brexit is gonna Brexit and we need the cash so Erdo, Trump, it doesn't matter who we need to suck up to, we'll do it for the dollar dollar.
Old 02-01-17, 12:11 AM   #999
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Just a gut feeling, but we're probably going to see a lot more "alterative facts" in the coming months and years.
Old 02-01-17, 01:53 AM   #1000
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post

Just a gut feeling, but we're probably going to see a lot more "alterative facts" in the coming months and years.
To be fair, that applies to the greater everyone with a horse in the race. I don't like Donald Trump, I never have, and I see no need to like him simply because he's the President.

I respect the office of the President, but that doesn't mean I need to respect the man who is President. Donald Trump doesn't care about being respected, apparently, and he doesn't need to be. So be it.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-01-17, 02:32 AM   #1001
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The Attorney General is not voted into office but is an employee in the executive branch of government who is chosen and appointed by the chief executuve (the president) and serves soley at his or her good pleasure.
Yes, MaDef explained it:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=950
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=954

She was already on the list, and would have been exchanged soon. But calling her a traitor is maybe a bit inappropriate. It also seems the constitution is subject to.. interpretation

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-01-17, 01:06 PM   #1002
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
At this pace by which Trump raises civil and institutional, now even economic resistance and enemies to his policies and himself, he cannot hold out 4 years. I cannot see how this could be.

He tries to win the match by 1. Pe4, 2. Qh5, 3. Qxf7+. He does not even care to play 3. Bc4 first. That's not it. Really, this way means no way.

Think of the goals of his policies what you want - the way he tries to enforce them is stupid, simply stupid. Maximum damage and winning as many enemies as possible in as shortest time as possible seem to be his priorities.

This is one of the finest textbook illustrations of pathological narcissism I have ever seen or heard of. It borders or oversteps the line to psychopathy/sociopathy - the absence of any own ability to realise that there are others different from oneself and with an inner life of their own.

What I say is: I think he is psychologically totally defunct, and ill.

O
ne mjst seriously put into question if Britain is well-advised to put its post-Brexit-bets on such an untrustworthy "ally". I tell you, he gives #### for "special relations". This is not Ronnie and Maggie riding together into the sunset. Trump first - even if that would mean the sinking of Britain below waterlevel.
You are believing the left's replacement of all real Trump positions with those of some cartoon supervillian. Trump is not that stupid. Watch and learn. If he succeeds the left is out of power for the next 50 years, hung by their own straw man attacks and naked racism posing as "caring."
Old 02-01-17, 01:08 PM   #1003
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Trump has just fired his Attorney General for defying him, and calls her a "traitor".

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u...memo.html?_r=0

Have the heads of the various departments to obey him despite better knowledge, or if instructed to violate the constitution.. i mean can he really rule with decrees, without consulting anyone?

The newspapers here are full of all kinds of alleged violations against the US constitution, however those are european papers.. Nigel Farage of course supports the US president firing all staff.. i wonder.. ah whatever (*grabs popcorn*)
Again a straw man attack. He has not fired "his" AG, he fired the acting AG who would only serve until Trumps choice is approved. If truth is on your side you need not lie. Lying is evidence of the knowing bankruptsy of an untenable position.
Old 02-01-17, 02:27 PM   #1004
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
You are believing the left's replacement of all real Trump positions with those of some cartoon supervillian. Trump is not that stupid. Watch and learn. If he succeeds the left is out of power for the next 50 years, hung by their own straw man attacks and naked racism posing as "caring."
Try to a bit.

You talk to a man who likes Atlas Shrugged. That I like it does not mean, however, that every Trump automatically is a John Galt. And I cannot avoid to also watch him with an ex-psychologist's eyes. And seen with these eyes, his behaviour and his basic social attitude is revealing.
Old 02-01-17, 02:46 PM   #1005
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You talk to a man who likes Atlas Shrugged. That I like it does not mean, however, that every Trump automatically is a John Galt. And I cannot avoid to also watch him with an ex-psychologist's eyes. And seen with these eyes, his behaviour and his basic social attitude is revealing.
Care to elaborate?
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter