SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-12, 01:31 PM   #991
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

My game crashes even before firing at exactly the same spot. I have 64-bit Win 7, Core i5 760 oc'ed to 4.07 GHz, GTX 560 Ti and 8 Gb of RAM. Anyway thanks for suggestions Trevally, I'm heading out for testing. Patch from devs would be appreciated but that's a far cry isn't it?

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 01:40 PM   #992
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
My game crashes even before firing at exactly the same spot. I have 64-bit Win 7, Core i5 760 oc'ed to 4.07 GHz, GTX 560 Ti and 8 Gb of RAM. Anyway thanks for suggestions Trevally, I'm heading out for testing. Patch from devs would be appreciated but that's a far cry isn't it?
Where does this happen, in Scapa Flow?
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 04:47 PM   #993
bleizi
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26
Default Thx

Thx for this work.
bleizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 05:26 PM   #994
Swat
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
Where does this happen, in Scapa Flow?
Now I was playing for about three hours. I started the new carrer, accepted the Baltic mission and I was playing in rather leisure pace having max TC set to 1024 in main.cfg. Sank four ships in Baltic sea, it took me quite some time to find the last one so I've done one refit at Kiel. I've found the last ship finally, sunk it and headed for Kiel straight to the canal. Made it through, past Heligoland. And then I started approaching Scapa from southeast. Made my first save after some three hours of gameplay, untill then the game was rock solid, massive traffic around Kiel, explosions of sunken ships - no problems whatsoever. As I was approaching Scapa I got two destroyers in my sight some 15 km away from me, calm sea, perfect visibility (I know, crazy, but this was a test, right?). I left my nav map and when I was about to take my binoculars the game crashed.

Before I was playing my 'decent campaign' (that's my decent campaign number 5 or 6 already) and I had one ctd when offshore. Loaded the savegame, made it in and then ctd's with nearly spot on accuracy when approaching the capital ship. No aiming, no firing, could be standing on the bridge or be in nav map, no way I'll get past this point. And that's the same case now when approaching from southeast. Had the same ctd yesterday and the one today at nearly same spot again. There's something terribly wrong with this part of the map and when it is known it is the bug of vanilla game it is irritating even more.

Really bothers me a lot, because without Scapa this game is nearly pointless to me. I hate that gameplay style "well I can not go through here, because the game keeps crashing there..."

Old 04-03-12, 05:33 PM   #995
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Now I was playing for about three hours. I started the new carrer, accepted the Baltic mission and I was playing in rather leisure pace having max TC set to 1024 in main.cfg. Sank four ships in Baltic sea, it took me quite some time to find the last one so I've done one refit at Kiel. I've found the last ship finally, sunk it and headed for Kiel straight to the canal. Made it through, past Heligoland. And then I started approaching Scapa from southeast. Made my first save after some three hours of gameplay, untill then the game was rock solid, massive traffic around Kiel, explosions of sunken ships - no problems whatsoever. As I was approaching Scapa I got two destroyers in my sight some 15 km away from me, calm sea, perfect visibility (I know, crazy, but this was a test, right?). I left my nav map and when I was about to take my binoculars the game crashed.

Before I was playing my 'decent campaign' (that's my decent campaign number 5 or 6 already) and I had one ctd when offshore. Loaded the savegame, made it in and then ctd's with nearly spot on accuracy when approaching the capital ship. No aiming, no firing, could be standing on the bridge or be in nav map, no way I'll get past this point. And that's the same case now when approaching from southeast. Had the same ctd yesterday and the one today at nearly same spot again. There's something terribly wrong with this part of the map and when it is known it is the bug of vanilla game it is irritating even more.

Really bothers me a lot, because without Scapa this game is nearly pointless to me. I hate that gameplay style "well I can not go through here, because the game keeps crashing there..."
Did you deleted users\documents\SH5 "completely" to let SH5 create a new one, before starting new campaign? It did it to me.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 05:40 PM   #996
Swat
中国水兵

I had a completely new installation four days ago, with everything deleted and cleaned. And I ended up ctd'ing inside Scapa as previously mentioned.

Old 04-03-12, 05:57 PM   #997
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
I had a completely new installation four days ago, with everything deleted and cleaned. And I ended up ctd'ing inside Scapa as previously mentioned.
Well if you want you can try what i say, don´t reinstall the game, just delete the SH5 in your documents folder, at the end what do you have to lose
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 12:19 AM   #998
dpajic
Watch

Downloads: 644

I also had a problem in a Scapa ( and while at time compression as well) when running under open horizon II 1.8. I deleted SH5 Folder (from DOCUMENTs )to let SH5 make a new Folder after that. I also looked to delete a files from Ubisoft Game Launcher ( Under folder CACHE) but there was no file to be deleted or modified. Nothing really changed after. Under update 1.7, I didnt experience a problem in Scapa at all. But I do get a sudden CTD when at Time Compression at 1024 for about 15 minutes of gameplay. I think that under 1.8, CTD was worsen for some reasons.

Here is My mod List:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
IRAI_upgrade_to_v_0_0_31
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
DBSM_Speech_1_0_4
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.8
OPEN HORIZONS II_enviro v1.8
OHIIv1.8 Base+environ patch1
OHII Higher Tonnage Objectives for v1.8
OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4
OH II Minefield map
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
AilBubbles 1.0 Micro
AirTorpedoes
Change days in bunker
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
dials_briklebritt
DBM_Alarm_BackGrnd_Video_Widescreen
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78
Old Style Explosions V1.1
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
Radio_Messages_1_2_0_German_Voices
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v1.8)
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
dpajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 04:20 AM   #999
Smodu
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 7

Nice mod!
Smodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 05:49 AM   #1000
Swat
中国水兵

No need to make a new thread because of this. But is there any way how to fix this? The sea is calm, boat is going straight with minimum movement and when I put the binoculars down I end up like this.

Old 04-07-12, 05:39 AM   #1001
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78
Default CTDs in Scapa

Confirmed, Swat

I just spent 4 hours infiltrating Scapa, got in a perfect firing position off the port of the Royal Sovereign, let loose with my eels and had a CTD at the exact point where they're about 1/3 to half to the target.

Tried four different times with various approaches, including dropping to the Nav Map after firing, and it crashed every single time at the exact same spot.

Then I uninstalled IRAI, reloaded, did the same thing and everything went swimmingly. No crash, no problems.

I know that it's IRAI causing it, but I don't know why. Putting on my speculator cap, I've tried to figure it out. Did you use steam torpedoes too? I'm wondering if it's because the numerous ships in Scapa "notice" the trail of your steam torpedoes and cause something horrible to happen as a result. I'd have to restart and try it with electrics to check, but who knows if the impact will cause the same thing, only later?

I don't know. I do know that SH5 is pointless without IRAI as the destroyers are dumber than rocks without it, so I suppose I'll just disable it when doing Scapa once I've made it in there, then enable it after I sink the battleship. But you're right. Something in IRAI is causing it, it's not OHII.
Old 04-07-12, 05:41 AM   #1002
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Quote:
No need to make a new thread because of this. But is there any way how to fix this? The sea is calm, boat is going straight with minimum movement and when I put the binoculars down I end up like this.
I have the same problem. The only way I've found to get the horizon back to straight and level is to keep turning the binoculars on and off until I hit the sweet spot or, and this doesn't always work, using the UZO or teleporting back and forth.
Old 04-07-12, 06:15 AM   #1003
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

have you tried old SH3 trick of clicking the bridge officer then looking forward
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 06:55 AM   #1004
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

The ship flags seem just as bright during the night as they are in the day . Is there anyway to have them darkened at night ? Is it the glossiness ? The emmisive setting is zero .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-07-12 at 07:08 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 07:26 AM   #1005
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Confirmed, Swat

I just spent 4 hours infiltrating Scapa, got in a perfect firing position off the port of the Royal Sovereign, let loose with my eels and had a CTD at the exact point where they're about 1/3 to half to the target.

Tried four different times with various approaches, including dropping to the Nav Map after firing, and it crashed every single time at the exact same spot.

Then I uninstalled IRAI, reloaded, did the same thing and everything went swimmingly. No crash, no problems.

I know that it's IRAI causing it, but I don't know why. Putting on my speculator cap, I've tried to figure it out. Did you use steam torpedoes too? I'm wondering if it's because the numerous ships in Scapa "notice" the trail of your steam torpedoes and cause something horrible to happen as a result. I'd have to restart and try it with electrics to check, but who knows if the impact will cause the same thing, only later?

I don't know. I do know that SH5 is pointless without IRAI as the destroyers are dumber than rocks without it, so I suppose I'll just disable it when doing Scapa once I've made it in there, then enable it after I sink the battleship. But you're right. Something in IRAI is causing it, it's not OHII.

This sounds like it could be something to do with the alert status of the ships. Could it be that they are seeing the torp on route and wanting to go to high alert.
These BBs are set as "docked" - so here could be the problem.
I could change this to not docked, give them short waypoints and a speed setting of zero.

Could be worth a test

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii