SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-12, 11:54 AM   #976
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Ah wait - you are using the higher tonnage mod.
That is why it is sink 3 ships
Old 04-01-12, 12:49 PM   #977
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Ah wait - you are using the higher tonnage mod.
That is why it is sink 3 ships
Aha! You are right! I just disabled it and tested your theory out, and now it matches your screenshot. So, do you think that the higher tonnage mod has that typo in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Looks like your save games are from older versions of OH and until you get to next stage - any update version will not take effect
And based on this, I see what you mean. That's why it showed the requirements for higher tonnage, but still succeeded based on the stock requirements from the previous version, which didn't use a tonnage mod.

Thanks my friend! There is peace in Modville again.
Old 04-02-12, 07:50 AM   #978
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

Trevally: I'm kindly asking you for help, opinion or suggestion, because now I really don't know where to dig. I've reinstalled the game, patched it to version 1.2, applied 4 Gb patch to sh5.exe. Started new campaign. I believe I started it properly, Baltic operations as the first mission etc. Everything was working properly untill I decided to complete "Breaking the fortress" mission. I approached Scapa and when I was sneaking in close to the mainland I had ctd. Anyway I loaded the game again and continued my infiltration. Everything went fine untill I reached my intended firing position. When I was getting closer to get better view I had ctd again. And now I can't get past this point, every time I load the game it always crashes to desktop at EXACTLY same spot. I know this game is totally unpredictable, but I'm just asking for ANY idea what to focus on, because I have no clue. I'm trying to keep my mod soup as simple as possible using pedrobas MMM as the main pack+few graphics enhancements. OHII is a must for me, I don't want to play the game without your mod, but I don't want to skip "Breaking the fortress" either, because I think this mission is unique, atmospheric and very intense. I'll be happy for any little suggestion. Thank you and keep up the good work. Here's my mod soup.

MMM p0 - Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
MMM v0.5 Base Mod All In One
No magic skills v1.5 MMM v0.5 compatible
Shadow Improvement ModLR
sobers rusty deck pack SH5
No Umark
Dark_Interior_V1
sobers multi color mod V2
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm
sobers best ever waves V2 SH5

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 08:12 AM   #979
Dejsoum
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 44
Great

It looks great, I have to try it.
Dejsoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:24 PM   #980
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
Trevally: I'm kindly asking you for help, opinion or suggestion, because now I really don't know where to dig. I've reinstalled the game, patched it to version 1.2, applied 4 Gb patch to sh5.exe. Started new campaign. I believe I started it properly, Baltic operations as the first mission etc. Everything was working properly untill I decided to complete "Breaking the fortress" mission. I approached Scapa and when I was sneaking in close to the mainland I had ctd. Anyway I loaded the game again and continued my infiltration. Everything went fine untill I reached my intended firing position. When I was getting closer to get better view I had ctd again. And now I can't get past this point, every time I load the game it always crashes to desktop at EXACTLY same spot. I know this game is totally unpredictable, but I'm just asking for ANY idea what to focus on, because I have no clue. I'm trying to keep my mod soup as simple as possible using pedrobas MMM as the main pack+few graphics enhancements. OHII is a must for me, I don't want to play the game without your mod, but I don't want to skip "Breaking the fortress" either, because I think this mission is unique, atmospheric and very intense. I'll be happy for any little suggestion. Thank you and keep up the good work. Here's my mod soup.

MMM p0 - Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
MMM v0.5 Base Mod All In One
No magic skills v1.5 MMM v0.5 compatible
Shadow Improvement ModLR
sobers rusty deck pack SH5
No Umark
Dark_Interior_V1
sobers multi color mod V2
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm
sobers best ever waves V2 SH5

I would suggest going back to your last bunker save (before you enter your boat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejsoum View Post
It looks great, I have to try it.
Thanks and welcome to subsim
Old 04-02-12, 03:51 PM   #981
Swat
中国水兵

Update: I'm no modder at all, but I'm afraid I found the cause of ctd's in my case. So far on my installation it seems that IRAI is causing the trouble. I'm using pedrobas MMM. I've disabled everything and put OHII in only. No ctd, sunk the capital ship, escaped Scapa. Put MMM back in, crash. Then I tried MMM 0.5 in parts (was using AIO before). Installed first part of MMM v.0.5, no crash. Quit the game and installed second part (where IRAI is included) of MMM 0.5, loaded the savegame, started attacking the capital ship and crashed. Disabled the second part of MMM and no problem at all. So finally I tried to leave only OHII installed and I put TDW's IRAI mod+update in. And it crashed. When I disabled IRAI I could complete the mission again.

Now what to do? Because IRAI is another must have mod. Without IRAI I could do whatever I wanted around Scapa, three destroyers shining at my periscope and doing absolutely nothing. No attack runs, no depthcharging-nothing. They just stand still. It is ridiculous what state this game was released in. That's why such mods like OH and IRAI are making the game worth playing, but now I don't know how to deal with this. I guess I'm gonna skip Scapa mission finally...

Old 04-02-12, 03:59 PM   #982
Trevally.
Navy Seal

When you get back to the bunker, after scapa - save and put IRAI back on
Old 04-02-12, 04:04 PM   #983
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Update: I'm no modder at all, but I'm afraid I found the cause of ctd's in my case. So far on my installation it seems that IRAI is causing the trouble. I'm using pedrobas MMM. I've disabled everything and put OHII in only. No ctd, sunk the capital ship, escaped Scapa. Put MMM back in, crash. Then I tried MMM 0.5 in parts (was using AIO before). Installed first part of MMM v.0.5, no crash. Quit the game and installed second part (where IRAI is included) of MMM 0.5, loaded the savegame, started attacking the capital ship and crashed. Disabled the second part of MMM and no problem at all. So finally I tried to leave only OHII installed and I put TDW's IRAI mod+update in. And it crashed. When I disabled IRAI I could complete the mission again.

Now what to do? Because IRAI is another must have mod. Without IRAI I could do whatever I wanted around Scapa, three destroyers shining at my periscope and doing absolutely nothing. No attack runs, no depthcharging-nothing. They just stand still. It is ridiculous what state this game was released in. That's why such mods like OH and IRAI are making the game worth playing, but now I don't know how to deal with this. I guess I'm gonna skip Scapa mission finally...
Past 2 days i´ve got same problem. At the end i discovered that the users\documents\SH5 was corrupted. It´s not the first time it happens to me. The only solution for me was reinstalled the game and completely delete the users\documents\SH5. Started new campaing and now it´s working ok in scapa.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 04:09 PM   #984
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Im not 100% sure - but if you change your IRAI setting when in your boat yuo can get ctd. Best to adjust when in bunker.

If MMM has anything other than default settings for irai - removing and then adding irai as a single mod could have this effect
Old 04-02-12, 04:09 PM   #985
Swat
中国水兵

Yeah sure. But this is really weird isn't it. Without mods this game is a very weak beta version I would say so no surprise it is behaving in such an unpredictable way. Maybe TDW could help...The savegame I have there seems to be solid, it always loads up the same layout of enemy wessels in the area. Then I make some 500 meters to spot the capital ship. And during these 500 m that's when the game shuts down with IRAI enabled, without IRAI no problem, but then it is like sightseeing around Scapa only with the difference that we're loaded with torps...

Edit: I didn't touch IRAI settings at all. IRAI is good as it is by TDW. And I just had it installed as a part of MMM. But when the game ctd'ed with MMM part 2 enabled then I was thinking what can be causing this. I checked the readme what part 2 consists of and IRAI cought my eye in first place. And it really seems to be the culprit for now.

Old 04-02-12, 04:11 PM   #986
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Past 2 days i´ve got same problem. At the end i discovered that the users\documents\SH5 was corrupted. It´s not the first time it happens to me. The only solution for me was reinstalled the game and completely delete the users\documents\SH5. Started new campaing and now it´s working ok in scapa.
ah - now I remeber a post by Sober.
He fixed some odd ctds by clearing some memory from the launcher
Old 04-02-12, 04:23 PM   #987
Swat
中国水兵

pedrobas: But how can it get corrupted...? I have a clean installation, did everything in the right order I believe. First patrol was brilliant, everything working to my satisfaction. And then Scapa Flow mission and the atmosphere was blown away in split of a second... I always think what the Ubi guys would have to say if they'd be "standing" in front of this community being asked why this and that is not present in the game... What an early release this game was...

Old 04-02-12, 04:34 PM   #988
Trevally.
Navy Seal

@Swat - check this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186989
Old 04-02-12, 04:37 PM   #989
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
pedrobas: But how can it get corrupted...? I have a clean installation, did everything in the right order I believe. First patrol was brilliant, everything working to my satisfaction. And then Scapa Flow mission and the atmosphere was blown away in split of a second... I always think what the Ubi guys would have to say if they'd be "standing" in front of this community being asked why this and that is not present in the game... What an early release this game was...
I think than sometimes during a ctd i corrupts everything, maybe memory related is very posssible. What can we say... this is a piece of crap software.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 12:05 PM   #990
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Updated post one with info for ctds

Quote:

CTDs
Getting CTDs and have a 32bit os vista/win7. You are most likely running out of ram.
See here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=316

Only change you mods when you are in the bunker or you know what you are doing.
Dock in bunker - save game - exit game and make changes - load the game and your saved game.
Now when you go on patrol - the correct file info is loaded for the whole patrol.
Note: If mod change is campaign, crew or boat spec related - you may need to restart your career.

CTDs during Scapa Raid
This is a stock bug and can also happen with the stock campaign when you attack capital ships close to a harbour or when they are classed as "Docked".
It normally happens when you fire your torps and they hit or are about to hit.
A work around is to switch to map view as soon as you have fired your torps and atay in map view until ship sinks.

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii