SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-12, 12:28 PM   #976
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0
Hi TDW

Great

I have some questions :
In goblin editor after patching the game ,we can see the "add/modified" controllers from simpatcher
Can We use them or not
Can you add other controllers
Can you take a look about Day/Night statut
I need it for the conning tower ( i go to PM you the last version )
i have try with the "hour" dial ,but i have a "lag" (some minutes) after 24 hours

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 08-20-12 at 01:20 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 02:41 PM   #977
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v1.0.65.0 released. See post #1

Added a new command to the independent engine controls patch that allows user to select both shafts

This new version adds patches to SHSim and SH5.exe to allow for independent engine controls

Fire up the patcher. Enable the independent engine controls patches for SHSim and SH5.exe.

When you unzip this you'll find a folder called MODS. Copy the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing to your MODS folder. DISABLE ALL MODS! Enable the Independent_Engine_Controls_Testing mod only.

Fire up the game. Select the independent engine controls single mission. Go to external cam. Get behing the sub. Press U to enable engine controls for only the port engine. Press 1 on speed bar. You'll see port shaft only turning. Press I to enable engine controls only for the starboard engine. Press 4 on speed bar. You'll see starboard shaft spinning much faster than port shaft. Press 0 on speed bar. Both shafts stop Press N to enable speed commands to both shafts.

When you press U, I, or N you give the game a pre-command telling it that next engine command will only be for that shaft (or both shafts if you pressed N). If you have an engine pre-command active it will reset after a speed command (either by you or the game) has been received by the game. Thus if you press U sending a port engine only pre-command then you press 2 on speed bar the port engine pre-command is reset (so that both shafts are active again).

This will not override battery charging (at least it's not supposed to). If battery charging is active the port shaft is stopped but the starboard engine should be at set speed (stock game behavior). Trying to set an engine pre-command on the port shaft with battery charging active should do nothing (game should discard it).

This works for both surfaced (diesel engines) and submerged (electric engines).

When you have both shafts turning at speed and you disable one (put it at all stop) it will stop and your speed will decrease (as it should).

Test this fully in every way you can think of and try to break it

While I'm updating my UIs mod you all can test/play with this

What are the benfits of this?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 03:24 PM   #978
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
What are the benfits of this?
Ability to be more stealthy and quieter when trying to escape from warships who are DCing you
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 03:25 PM   #979
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Ability to be more stealthy and quieter when trying to escape from warships who are DCing you
So I´m more quiet if I have only one engine runing? Cool Stuff!
Old 08-20-12, 04:12 PM   #980
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Spotted a tsk force made up of trroop supply and frieghters . Everything working with patch 63 .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 04:36 PM   #981
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Spotted a tsk force made up of trroop supply and frieghters . Everything working with patch 63 .
Good to know, thanks

Still hammering out the needed changes to the next version of my UIs mod...what all do I need to add/change? I'm adding a decks awash icon to the depth bar, controls for the independent engines to work, ??
Old 08-20-12, 04:40 PM   #982
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Good to know, thanks

Still hammering out the needed changes to the next version of my UIs mod...what all do I need to add/change? I'm adding a decks awash icon to the depth bar, controls for the independent engines to work, ??
Yes please.
Old 08-20-12, 04:42 PM   #983
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Good to know, thanks

You do realise that the no crew spoting thru the scopes just made the game a whole lot harder and fun
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 04:44 PM   #984
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

I havn't tested yet

for the independent engines:-
Can the animation in the engine room (dials etc) show the new engine revs? (BigRed)
New voice orders?
Old 08-20-12, 04:51 PM   #985
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
what all do I need to add/change? I'm adding a decks awash icon to the depth bar, controls for the independent engines to work, ??
Perhaps an option available that when silent running is ordered you're automatically switched over to one shaft being used.

Edit: Just curios if running with one engine will also use less fuel/ batteries or remain the same?
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 04:55 PM   #986
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default 1.0....65 patch and growing

Thank you again and again and again, TDW.
Unbelievable now that we have independent engine controls and desk awash fixes soon. Go-go-go.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 04:55 PM   #987
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
You do realise that the no crew spoting thru the scopes just made the game a whole lot harder and fun
That was the whole point Actually this is one of my favorite patches as it ups the realism considerably. I've been ambushed by many airplanes and a couple warships who came from behind Nothing like those oh (insert favorite explicative) moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
I havn't tested yet

for the independent engines:-
Can the animation in the engine room (dials etc) show the new engine revs? (BigRed)
New voice orders?
The patch for independent engine controls is minimally intrusive to the game. The game does everything that it normally does but I just may block it from writing the new speed to memory for whichever shaft. This means every dial, indication, etc. should work just as it did before

As far as voice orders someone just needs to update them probably. All you have to do is send the game my new commands and it does the rest. Couldn't be any easier!
Old 08-20-12, 04:57 PM   #988
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Perhaps an option available that when silent running is ordered you're automatically switched over to one shaft being used.

Edit: Just curios if running with one engine will also use less fuel/ batteries or remain the same?
It appears that you use less fuel/batteries. I'll make sure to watch this in my next debugging session with SH5 (I'll watch the fuel consumption rate and the battery discharge rate with only one shaft vice 2)
Old 08-20-12, 04:59 PM   #989
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
I like this idea

I can probably pull this off very easily!
Old 08-20-12, 05:03 PM   #990
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Thank you again and again and again, TDW.
Unbelievable now that we have independent engine controls and desk awash fixes soon. Go-go-go.
Decks awash patch has been available for about 5 or 6 versions now.
The independent engine controls was available in lastest patch version released.