Closed Thread

Old 07-17-20, 07:29 AM   #9736
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykr View Post
He represents the working people, as well as what our country was founded upon.......
the Constitution.
Did i ever mention that actually I am a billionaire? At least as much as Trump represents the working people and the constitution?

Take care that you do not end up has one piece on his role of toilet paper. One is better off not wanting to be that. Really.
Old 07-17-20, 08:10 AM   #9737
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Well it would seem that in the United States and perhaps other countries you can have a billionare for a president or you can have one who was helped into office by billionaires.

I wonder what the difference is?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-17-20, 08:20 AM   #9738
Skybird
Soaring

A good variety show is about good prestigiditation, not about the conviction of that magic exists for real. Only the little kids in the audience may believe the latter.
Old 07-17-20, 08:59 AM   #9739
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Well it would seem that in the United States and perhaps other countries you can have a billionaire for a president or you can have one who was helped into office by billionaires.

I wonder what the difference is?
The odd thing is that these billionaires are on both sides

It's a battle for what we think
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-17-20, 09:23 AM   #9740
Skybird
Soaring

Trottel. And so it degenerates further and further.

As if Ivanka Trump's recent attempt of a "Start new!" campaign was not already embarassing and cynical enough.

Whats next? State Department making commercials for condoms and baby pampers? Wouldn't that be kind of self-contradicting? I bet they will chose just one of the two.

BTW. I hate canned beans. That makes it twice as unforgivable this time.
Old 07-17-20, 10:45 AM   #9741
u crank

^^^

Do you have a clue what this is about?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-17-20, 10:59 AM   #9742
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
^^^

Do you have a clue what this is about?
Yeah, the media are all over it, even here. Goya first gave a favour by praising Trump beyond the ridiculous, was then boycotted by consumers, and Trump now returns it by advertising Goya canned food. Its called favoritism.

Ivanka Trump did it before, too. Just that she is not as relevant as she wants to be, thats why the talk about her advertising is not as loud. Her campaign "Start something new" is somethign different. The public backfire echoed even over the Atlantic. Bad taste is one of the more flowery descriptions. Some ethics watchdog also bit her.

It seems to be in the family. Must be bad genes. His son recently released a book in his own publishing, and saved himself the fee for a lector. He better shouldn't have, already on the title there is a grammatical error, and I read that the rest of the book is ripe with overlooked errors as well.
Old 07-17-20, 11:30 AM   #9743
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Is this really true?

Ivanka and Potus: Sell Goya
Republicans: It is only fake news
Leftists: Laughing
Trump followers: Disgusting, it is fake news
Potus: Still sells Goya
Republicans: Let's not talk about it and blame something on Biden
Trump followers: Ok it is not fake ..must be GENIUS! How clever he is.
Rest of the world: Facepalm

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-17-20, 11:56 AM   #9744
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Yeah, the media are all over it, even here. Goya first gave a favour by praising Trump beyond the ridiculous, was then boycotted by consumers, and Trump now returns it by advertising Goya canned food. Its called favoritism.
Apparently not. The guy's name is not Goya it's Robert Unanue and he is the CEO of Goya Foods.

Quote:
.. by praising Trump beyond the ridiculous
The offending words are ...

Quote:
Today, it gives me great honor, and by the way, we’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder, and that’s what my grandfather did. He came to this country to build, to grow, to prosper. We have an incredible builder, and we pray. We pray for our leadership, our president, and we pray for our country that we will continue to prosper and to grow.
Seems pretty normal to me. Oh wait, he said something nice about the OrangeManBad. That must be it.

Meanwhile back in 2012 Michele Obama as part of her Let's Move! initiative, partnering with the same Robert Unanue to promote one of her causes. Same guy. Same company. Different result.

Of course this is a picture perfect example of the toxic cancel culture that has risen on the American Left. If you dare disagree with us we will destroy you. It should be noted that Mr. Unanue is a Latino American which of course makes his sin even worse. A none white American saying something nice about his President.

So Skybird some questions for you. Do you think that Mr. Unanue should be able to speak his mind freely in America? And do you think he should be punished for voicing his opinion? And more importantly will this kind of political reprisal make America a better place?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-17-20, 12:03 PM   #9745
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

“Free speech works both ways. Goya Foods CEO is free to support a bigoted president who said an American judge can’t do his job because he’s 'Mexican', who treats Puerto Rico like trash, and who tries to deport Dreamers. We’re free to leave his products on the shelves.”

Julián Castro

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 07-17-20, 12:05 PM   #9746
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

How do you see anything at all though those blue lenses? Let me explain it to you and the other foreigners here:

The Goya CEO made some polite comments about POTUS Trump after being invited to the White House for a business conference.
The same Goya CEO also made some polite comments about POTUS Obama when last invited to the White House for a business conference but apparently without the drama.

Making polite comments about ones host used to be a standard thing to do in western culture but hateful Mad Dog Commie Democrats are trying to inflict the Cancel Culture on anyone who doesn't toe their party line so they are calling for a boycott of Goya products. It's not going to work as Goya products are hugely popular with our large Latin-American population and while you may not like beans, they do a lot and they don't care to participate in this latest SJW venture.

Patriotic Republicans respond to this rash Dem move by calling for Americans of all ethnic backgrounds to support Goya, not only by purchasing their products but also to buy extra in order to donate to local food pantry's and stick it to the Commie Democrats, a program that is already quite successful both in terms of supplying food pantries and driving leftists and forum trolls even more insane.
Win win.
Old 07-17-20, 12:12 PM   #9747
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Ivanka and Potus: Sell Goya
Republicans: It is only fake news
Leftists: Laughing
Trump followers: Disgusting, it is fake news
Potus: Still sells Goya
Republicans: Let's not talk about it and blame something on Biden
Trump followers: Ok it is not fake ..must be GENIUS! How clever he is.
Rest of the world: Facepalm
Nice summation. Only you left out the most important detail. Latino American business man says something nice about his President and the Left loses its mind and calls for a boycott of said company which employs 4000 people world wide. Ivanka and Potus are not selling anything. They are pushing back against the Left's hair on fire cancel culture. I'll ask you the same questions I asked Skybird.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-17-20, 12:19 PM   #9748
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

My sister:

Who decide, who shall be the President ?

Me:

The American voters

My sister:

Yes I understand that, but Hillary got 1-2 million more votes, so why did Trump win.

Me:

This has to do with the American voting system and they way USA is constructed(politically).
Me continuing:

Remember each state is in a way independent and in a Presidential election you could say there's an election in the election-each state have an election where the voters decide who they like to be their President(Rep or Dem).
The candidate who gets most vote in a state gets depending on state size and how many who live in this state a certain numbers of Electors.

My sister:
Who have decided it should be Joe-Joe Biden who shall be the Presidential candidate for the Democrats.

Me:
About a year before the Presidential election in Nov. The opposition party(Rep or Dem) hold several election meeting where all the Rep/Dem candidate campaigning for being their Presidential candidate-This is done until there is only one left-In this case Joe Biden(Dem).

(Hope I didn't tell here something totally wrong thing)

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 07-17-20, 12:53 PM   #9749
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Apparently not. The guy's name is not Goya it's Robert Unanue and he is the CEO of Goya Foods.

The offending words are ...

Seems pretty normal to me. Oh wait, he said something nice about the OrangeManBad. That must be it.

Meanwhile back in 2012 Michele Obama as part of her Let's Move! initiative, partnering with the same Robert Unanue to promote one of her causes. Same guy. Same company. Different result.

Of course this is a picture perfect example of the toxic cancel culture that has risen on the American Left. If you dare disagree with us we will destroy you. It should be noted that Mr. Unanue is a Latino American which of course makes his sin even worse. A none white American saying something nice about his President.

So Skybird some questions for you. Do you think that Mr. Unanue should be able to speak his mind freely in America? And do you think he should be punished for voicing his opinion? And more importantly will this kind of political reprisal make America a better place?
If that is what you claim to sound "pretty normal", I hope I am lightyears away when you one day describe something as not so normal anymore.
Old 07-17-20, 01:09 PM   #9750
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Goya's CEO also used the "pray" word quite often. Communists aren't too keen on that either.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter