SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-08, 12:35 PM   #961
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets15
im using Spaxs SH4 Uboat Speech Fix V8
OMv600
OM600 patch1A
1RUIM
3Ruim
2Ruim
ROW main load screen
Row Camera vs 1a
ROW Object reflections and search Lights
Row New seafoam
Row textures with sun
Row special effects with stoc zones
Row Sky and ocean controlls
Addon for reflections of the water
UBM mission pack
Kriegsmarine chart colour
I dont get why the sonar is all gray, i cant see it but when i click some where it works.
I would recommend that you "remove" all these mods that you have loaded after OM. as I stated in another post:

Quote:
Last. I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load it up, after OM and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead an loaded it anyway and OM no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 12:36 PM   #962
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythos
Is there a way to change the default eye point for the player in the control room of this boat?

The default position is toward the back of the room, next to the bed and kitchen, and not by the navigator's table, facing the gauges. It would seem someone thought that the chute by the captain's bed is the main hatch, which it is not. The one between the dive plane position and navigation table instead is.
I'll look into it
Old 12-29-08, 12:55 PM   #963
Indy676
Sailor man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

First of all, thanks very much for this great mod. I enyoing it for 6 missions yet and Im happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy676
Was just looking into some files, to find, where to change the pos of the watchcrew.
Look in the .dat file of the conning tower you want to edit. This file should be in the Data\Objects folder. Now look for the watchman nodes (they're called something like WCS_01_dummy) and change their positions.
Thank you very much. I have done it, with thatisfying result.
But when i enabled al mods,: RFB with patch and Ops Monsun the position are as they where before.
Can anyone tell me how RFB changes the positions. Has it to do with the free bridge fiew?
Greets Indy

Last edited by Indy676; 12-29-08 at 01:06 PM.
Indy676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:09 PM   #964
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Was just looking into some files, to find, where to change the pos of the watchcrew.:hmm: Has anyone played with this jet? I think the positiones with two people in the front part on each side and the other two people on the AA-gun-garden the so caled "Wintergarten" but both on the port side is not as correkt as could be.
The two after sector watchman should stay in the aft part of the bridge and watch to both sides and not on the "Wintergarten"
Can anyone tell me where to look to this problem?
Thanks in advance
Would please provide some details of the "Problems" your having. There are 14 different conning towers in OM. Which Sub ? Which Conning Tower ?
Old 12-29-08, 01:15 PM   #965
Indy676
Sailor man

The VIIb conning tower.
I changed the dat file. and with only OM it was working very well.
Old 12-29-08, 01:34 PM   #966
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
The VIIb conning tower.
I changed the dat file. and with only OM it was working very well.
Did you load OM "AFTER" RFB as per the install instructions in the first post of this thread.
Old 12-29-08, 01:39 PM   #967
Indy676
Sailor man

Yes, I installed as the instructions toled me to do.
first RFB 1.52
then RFB patch
then RFB alternet monographs
then OM v600
and OM patch 1A.
Old 12-29-08, 01:47 PM   #968
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, I installed as the instructions toled me to do.
first RFB 1.52
then RFB patch
then RFB alternet monographs
then OM v600
and OM patch 1A.

You want to tell me "what" changes you made ?
Old 12-29-08, 02:00 PM   #969
Indy676
Sailor man

I changed the positions of both the aftermost bridgewatchman, WCS_01_dummy and WCS_03_dummy, to a position a litle more into the bridge itself in the Turm7b_1_hd dat.file in the Objects folder. Only the pos of the Translation Z
In OM the pos. is a litle to far aft for my taste, but with RFB the pos. is realy bad. The two aftermost watchman are on the port side of the AA-gun platform and looking to the port side.

Last edited by Indy676; 12-29-08 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-29-08, 02:36 PM   #970
REIS
Watch

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
In reference to your comments, OM was not test with any of the following mods.

RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 (Hi-res)
RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Enlisted Ranks add-on (Hi-res)
RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Awards add-on (Hi-res)

And I have no idea how they effect the performance of OM

====================

In reference to “different smoke merchants&warships” mod which has file dates of Aug 2008, they do “conflict” with the current .sim files in OM600. If you use it and OM stops functioning, you need to remove that mod.

=======================

In reference to “i found a little bug when rotating the camera can you fix this plz”, OM makes no changes to the camera.dat file, and if I did it would conflict with other mods like RFB & TMO.

=================

In reference to “what other fixes can you add to your addon? is this already added? Kakemann and Lurker_hlb3 Destroyer sensors and radar FIX”, this mod is already part of OM.

My recommended “add-on” mods is at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

===================

Last to everyone. I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load it up, after OM and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead an loaded it anyway and OM no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t
As you see, some people wants to use this mods together so plz can you test this for us and say what we must do for using this mods (RUIM+ALT FOG+MONS) together

thx a lot
REIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 03:04 PM   #971
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I changed the positions of both the aftermost bridgewatchman, WCS_01_dummy and WCS_03_dummy, to a position a litle more into the bridge itself in the Turm7b_1_hd dat.file in the Objects folder. Only the pos of the Translation Z
In OM the pos. is a litle to far aft for my taste, but with RFB the pos. is realy bad. The two aftermost watchman are on the port side of the AA-gun platform and looking to the port side.

FYI

RFB makes "no changes" to OM. There is nothing in RFB that effects the position of the crewmen on any of the Uboat conning towers. Also I just did a code review and visual test of OM with and without RFB and there is "no difference" of the postions of the crew on the Type VIIB.

Also since you decided to make changes on your own to the OM baseline, any problems you are encountering are your problems and not mine. I hope you fix it the way you want it, but the current positions of the crewmen on the Type VIIB conning tower are "as designed"
Old 12-29-08, 04:12 PM   #972
Indy676
Sailor man

OK, I found the failure or something like it.
When I start a new career the pos is as designed, also I made the changes every time only when I was staying in habour.:hmm:
Thank You very much for your help lurker_hlb3.
My intention was not to criticise your mod. I just wanted to play a litle with a few things, to make the mod even better. And now, that i have seen how much work there is to do somthing like that, I can realy appreciate your work.
I take my hat for the work you've done. If I can be of a litle help for you or your work on the mod, please ask.
Now I will start a new career.
Greets Indy
Old 12-30-08, 12:36 AM   #973
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46
Default Instantanious crush!!!!!!!

I was playing OM, 30 flotilla, black sea. The Russians seem to have eyes of eagles, and very sharp ears. However that is not the bugaboo.

The problem I found disconcerting I discovered to my chagrin that the crush depth results in a no warning (loud creaks and pops) before the hull takes 100 percent damage.

I did not like this with SH4 when it first came out, and I certainly don't find it realistic in the least. A hull about to give gives a whole hell of a lot of warning.

Did I install OM wrong, or is this a "feature" of OM? I certainly hope it is the former.

In your next release can you do away with this unfortunate "feature" of SH4 vanilla if it was indeed an intended feature.

The scenario,

I was descending to find the thermal layer (which for all I know I had passed). My plan was to level off with the first light flash, Ala, Das Boot (yes deeper chief). But when my boat passed 160 meters the lights started flashing, followed by a whole slew of damage reports. When I looked at the damage screen I saw 100 percent damage, and every thing wrecked. Now remember there was absolutely no audible warning about this, just the usual creaks, depth call outs, and interior sounds before all hell broke loose.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 04:06 AM   #974
Indy676
Sailor man

Now I have the failoure. When first come out OM v500 I got a new VIIb U-Boot out of the 27th training flottilla in 1940. Now I realised that this was a VIIb Boot with a VIIc/1 conning tower. I dont now, how this could happen, because I didnt changed something untill now. Maybe some litle bug in OM v500?:hmm:
Now I can go along with my VIIb with VIIc/1 conning tower in my existing career.
During my testing, I discovered a litle bug with the VIIb conning tower. The Watchman on the Brigde are standing approxemetly 20 cm in the air. I dont now, if this is only a bug in my game, or if it is a bug in OM.
Maybe you can look into it sometime. I have changed it already, and could provide the positions of the bridgeman if wanted.
Now I will enjoy my 6th warpatrol out of St. Nazaire.
Greets Indy
Old 12-30-08, 06:37 AM   #975
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

Hullo again, Lurker. Well done on OpMon v600 and the patch, sterling stuff!

Current setup:

BBC radio mod
RFB + patch
SPAX Uboat speech fix
Opmon v600
[personal preference commands.cfg]
220 RFB obstructed binocular mod
OMV600 patch 1A
OMPlot v200

now, it says in the readme that OMPlot should only be installed on a clean install with opmon, as i just realised, but it doesnt seem to wreck the game so far. Only problem is that I suddenly have crosshairs and bearing ring back in the binocular view. The only alternative I can see is the TMOplot final mod for RFB which does not work with Opmon as it removes all speed and heading information from contact reports.

So the question is twofold: apart from the 'stock' binoculars, is there anything essential which I'm wrecking with the OMplot v200? If that's the case, what would be the best setup for a 'realistic' game for manual targeting junkies?

The features of OMPlot are pretty much exactly what I'd want but it overwrites all the things which the readme states it should not, if you know what I mean

thanks, bosje