Old 04-02-19, 04:53 PM   #9676
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
JUST IN!
The only thing that Bastard Jezzer wants is power to spend all the money. Parliament rejected Labours plans so what is the bloody point of talking to him? May is now a political prostitute who has gone way passed the bottom of the barrel.

STOP BLOODY VOTING FOR THESE BASTARDS!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-02-19, 06:30 PM   #9677
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

I do like your location STEED!!
Here's some advice to keep you calm, when you switch on the TV or radio do this and think nice thoughts:

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 04-03-19, 05:04 AM   #9678
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

One question now is the elephant in the room: what is Corbyn'S price for agreeing to a Brexit-by-word-but-not-by-content that will strip the UK of many rights while keeping its dependencies?

And why should this be a desirable outcome, I ask?
Old 04-03-19, 05:43 AM   #9679
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
One question now is the elephant in the room: what is Corbyn'S price for agreeing to a Brexit-by-word-but-not-by-content that will strip the UK of many rights while keeping its dependencies?

And why should this be a desirable outcome, I ask?
The Tories have nobody to blame but themselves, they are totally divided and Jacob Rees-Mogg the ERG leader will now get the last thing they wanted, a soft Brexit or possibly even a remain outcome.

Steptoe will see this as an opportunity to destroy the Tories but must think carefully because many Labour held areas voted to leave and that section of the electorate will be very unforgiving.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-03-19, 05:48 AM   #9680
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Ministry of Defence has launched an investigation into a video which appears to show soldiers firing shots at a picture of Jeremy Corbyn. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47798717
I suspect some of our lads will soon find themselves in harms way :unsure:

Old 04-03-19, 05:49 AM   #9681
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Army investigating 'Jeremy Corbyn target practice' film

The Ministry of Defence has launched an investigation into a video which appears to show soldiers firing shots at a picture of Jeremy Corbyn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47798717

So bloody what! Who gives a hoot I don't that is for sure. They can use my pictures if they want I don't care. I suggest to balance the books the next video put up their shooting at a picture of May.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-03-19, 05:55 AM   #9682
STEED
Lucky Jack

So what's next for the political prostitute May? Popping up to Scotland to see old fish face or how about smoking dope with whats her face of the Green party.

Old 04-03-19, 05:56 AM   #9683
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A clue: "They should not be political - they are there to defend the country and the Queen,"

Add to that the fact that Steptoe could well be in charge of them one day.

I wonder what the likes of Hitler or Stalin would have done.

Old 04-03-19, 05:59 AM   #9684
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

^I suggest they shoot the whole bloody lot of them at Westminster and put the Queen back in charge.

PC PROBLEM SOLVED.

Old 04-03-19, 06:17 AM   #9685
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

You're starting to sound like Obadiah Hakeswill of Sharpe fame

Old 04-03-19, 03:26 PM   #9686
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

From a comment: "The people who need to hear this are either not listening or don’t believe any of it."
Sad but true.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-03-19, 07:49 PM   #9687
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Hate crimes up? Oh I believe it, but for reasons other than what the video seems to think truth is. According to the FBI, "law enforcement reported 7,175 hate crimes to UCR in 2017, up from 6,121 in 2016. Although the numbers increased last year, so did the number of law enforcement agencies reporting hate crime data—with approximately 1,000 additional agencies contributing information". So the increase in the number of hate crimes appears to coincide with the increase in number of new reporting agencies. Weird huh?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 04-04-19, 01:43 AM   #9688
Catfish

sry offtopic here since UK, but since Rockstar mentioned it:

"The report shows there was a nearly 23% increase in religion-based hate crimes. There was a 37% spike in anti-Jewish hate crimes."

" [...] increase in antisemitic hate crimes – which were already the most common religious hate crimes in the United States – that is well documented in this report."

Indeed there are more enforcement agencies, about 900. Of 16,000+ !
Does not quite explain the rise of 23 percent.

"The 2017 data, submitted by 16,149 law enforcement agencies (up from 15,254 agencies in 2016), provide information about the offenses, victims, offenders and locations of hate crimes, the FBI said. (There were 7,106 single-bias incidents involving 8,493 victims, the FBI reported on Tuesday).

Almost 60% of victims were targeted because of bias against race, ethnicity or ancestry bias. A fifth were targeted because of the offenders’ religious bias and 15.8% were victimized because of the offenders’ sexual-orientation bias. Just under 2% of victims documented in the report were targeted because of a disability or a bias against gender identity.
The hate crimes ranged from murder to vandalism and also included rape, robbery and assault."

Last edited by Catfish; 04-04-19 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-04-19, 02:42 AM   #9689
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ Hereby lies the problem, both parties reached an agreement on a deal but one party (admittedly the UK side) refused to be inclusive with interested parties on their side and agreed a crap deal (hence all the currently ongoing hullabaloo).

In an ideal world the UK takes control of her borders, immigration and laws but said deal in its current form does not satisfy all partie on the UK side unfortunately.

One example of future trade negotiations would certainly be Macron demanding fishing rights in UK territorial waters if nothing else other than to scratch one of the many itches the yellow vests currently trouble him with and I'm sure you and I could find many more examples from other countries if we made the effort.

The UK currently imports much more from the EU than it exports to it so I suppose that is one positive but ultimately I believe the UK is prepared to decimate tarrifs in order to maintain what industrial muscle it has remaining and the EU would seriously damage itself if it tried to follow suit. [...]

EDIT: The above is in response to the post by Catfish.
^ Just saw it now, sorry for being late

De-industrialisation was a word coined before the UK joined Europe. When England (e.g. not Ireland) suddenly decided to cut each other's hair instead of mining, assembling and producing all were astonished that this just of all had been an idea of Mrs Thatcher. Maybe because she thought depriving the unions of members this way - no workers, no unions lol.

Quote:
I'm still thinking in terms of the UK remaining in the EU but should that be the case I fear for future relations born out of historical resentment for what has transpired since 2016.
It seems you only see it from England's point of view, not even from the whole UK's one:
Leaving the EU by means of Farage, and Johnson, and general lying, was a slap in the face of reason, and of the 26 other nations in the EU. A nation that had been perceived as a partner and friend suddenly showed an ugly side, with believing in obvious lies told about the EU, immigrants, economy. "Uh they want to take our fish/our women/our sovereignty". No one here is interested in taking any of that away!

And whatever comes of it, you are right, "they" will never forget nor forgive Rupert Murdoch, and what has been said and tried by the brexiters.
The only reason why there is no other answer is that obviously there are also some reasonable and friendly people left, in England.

Regarding who is for brexit and why, the authoritarians who have their vision of a very different social contract hate the EU precisely because it is a construct designed to deprive them of power.

Keeping peace the EU is always said to have had no influence on peace, instead it was "only the US which secured that" with the promise of nuclear retaliation.

But "the EU was built to keep fascists and Stalinists away from their own government. The EU was designed for messy compromise, recognition of political nuance, the need to muddle through. The EU is an explicit acknowledgment of the uncertainties about economic policy, the contingencies implicit in any political decision".
No simplistic populist solutions. It is about reality and facts. It’s and end-to-end fudge. And seen in those terms, it works brilliantly

Last edited by Catfish; 04-04-19 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-04-19, 05:22 AM   #9690
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

On a sidenote, in Germany one week ago, or ten days, the u-tunred the issue completely by reporting that the anti-semitic hate-crimes by Muslims went up because they were faced with Islamophilia and anti-Islamic hate-crimes.

That anti-semtisim and hate on Jews is deeply encoded in Islam from the very begining of its history on - no word on that.

Fact-faking of the finest, giving it a serious touch. Anti-semitism? Its the Jews' fault! Love Islam and they will stop hating Jews!

Tags
british, politics