Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-19, 06:28 AM   #9436
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Theresa May will make a third attempt to get her EU withdrawal deal through Parliament in the next week.

She told MPs that if her deal fails again to get their backing, a lengthy delay to Brexit may be needed.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47564793
And so the game goes on and on and on and on and on.......

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-14-19, 06:51 AM   #9437
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

^Under Parliament's own rules she can not so they are bending their own rules. Would not surprise me if the Speaker of the House dug up some long winded document of years gone by to allow it.

The EU is finished on the matter they have had enough and made it even more clear but this stupid women whom is unfit to be PM goes on her merry way.

I think it was you jim who posted they will get punished at the ballot box, well this subject was on the radio last night and not one caller believed that would happen. One women rang in saying you could put a tin of beans up as a candidate and as long as their was a red rosette on it people would vote for it. Same in Tory seats in their case a gold brick. Not enough people are wide wake smelling the coffee in this country and they being HoC know that.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-14-19, 07:00 AM   #9438
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

STAUNCH Brexiteer Steve Baker last night revealed the Eurosceptic European Research Group (ERG) has plans to ensure the UK leaves the EU on March 29.

Watch the short clip.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...eresa-may-vote

Or this one.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-14-19, 07:07 AM   #9439
STEED
Lucky Jack

I doubt it, there is more chance of a general election. Mind you I don't believe much these days from that lot at Westminster.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-14-19, 07:36 AM   #9440
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The last thing the Tories want at present is a general election but obviously Steptoe would love one as he witnesses the Tories in disarray.

I've a sneaky suspicion pland may be afoot for a bonding of the party but the price will almost certainly be that May must walk immediately after whatever kind of Brexit we end up with.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-14-19, 08:48 AM   #9441
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

When voting results mean nothing anymore and votings get repeated endlessly to secure the outcome just anyone, someone demands, than the very system, so-to-speak its "structural integrity", has desintegrated already.

If this were a ship, it already would be somewhere between the surface and the bottom of the sea.

Its not caused by Brexit, however, but is a fundamental design flaw that a conflict-heavy event like Brexit just has managed to reveal for the first time ever.

BTW, why not voting the way May wants to have it - and afterwards by her own logic demand that more votings are being held - now with the goal to get the result that her opponents want to see? Of course, like she does now, the others must be allowed to do as well: repeating it as often as needed to get the result wanted. Which then gives May the right to start another series of votings. And on and on it goes, giving the political elite a completely new way to justify its mere existence: "without us, there would be no votings anymore - see, you need us, therefore!"

There should be a international, binding law - amongst other significant changes to current systems - that says that any voting in parliaments and in public referendums around the world can be repeated not before lets say 10 or even 15, 20 years have passed.

The more exceptions from rules get defined, the less meaning a "rule" has, and the greater the invitation is to bypass it. Its corruption, clear and simple.
Old 03-14-19, 10:25 AM   #9442
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Parliament are soon to be given updated advice from the Attorney General regarding the Backstop but I doubt it will make any difference because he has already advised the only way out of that would be to claim a fundamental change in circumstances therefore bringing about the breaking of an international treaty.

Can you imagine what matters will be like if this mess isn't sorted out before the EU elections in June or July?......a boat load of British MEP's most of whom will be elected on EU sceptical tickets with the intent purpose of causing as much hassle as possible over in Brussels

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-14-19, 01:44 PM   #9443
STEED
Lucky Jack

Well there go folks the government's amendment goes through. We are not leaving on March 29th

Democracy is dead, Parliment is a dictatorship time for the revolution and take back what we have lost.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-mps-...-deal-11664834

Old 03-14-19, 03:08 PM   #9444
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

London-Brussel co-produced sitcom second to none. Now with announced intention for a complete new season being produced. Many episodes with more of the same! Don't change the recipe! I cant stop watching it!
Old 03-14-19, 05:45 PM   #9445
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I cant stop watching it!
I can, in fact I'm tempted to take a 'if i ignore all news on brexit, will I actually notice any of its effects in my day to day life?' test.
I guess I'll notice when I try to move to Spain in a few years with my blue passport - if that even happens in the end.
Old 03-14-19, 05:54 PM   #9446
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I hope the English people will show same determination as they have shown so many times, if they have to vote again in a second referendum.

I hope the outcome of this eventually referendum will be 65-70 % for Brexit.

(Yes I'm against EU as it is now)

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 03-14-19, 05:59 PM   #9447
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
London-Brussel co-produced sitcom second to none. Now with announced intention for a complete new season being produced. Many episodes with more of the same! Don't change the recipe! I cant stop watching it!
Well good luck Sky, I don't watch it every day it would make me sick watching those pigs who have taken away democracy and gave us a dictatorship.

Old 03-14-19, 06:10 PM   #9448
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I hope the English people will show same determination as they have shown so many times, if they have to vote again in a second referendum.

I hope the outcome of this eventually referendum will be 65-70 % for Brexit.

(Yes I'm against EU as it is now)

Markus
Polls suggest it probably would be about the same or a slightly higher % in favour of Brexit, but polls are not to be trusted, and anyway - it comes down to Turn out, some hard brexiteers might be too angry to vote in a second referendum since they already made their voices heard the first time, where as hard remainers would come out in force in the hope they could finally correct what they always saw as a mistake.
Old 03-14-19, 06:13 PM   #9449
STEED
Lucky Jack

One of the amenment votes today had a second reforendrum in it and was rejected.

Old 03-14-19, 06:14 PM   #9450
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
One of the amenment votes today had a second reforendrum in it and was rejected.
Good, because it would be a complete waste of time.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics