SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 04:58 PM   #931
Stan Lingard
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Come on Ubisoft, finish the game!
Old 05-19-07, 05:02 PM   #932
Basto
Nub

signed
Old 05-19-07, 05:09 PM   #933
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Patch 1.3 Is Mandatory For The Current State Of This Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-07, 05:11 PM   #934
Chief of the Boat
Electrician's Mate

Well... I dunno HOW many patches this thing is going to need, but I'd damn sure like to play an American Sub... that was at LEAST as good as that @#$% Nazi boat.

If this is The Last Submarine Game, so be it... but make it a GOOD 'Last Submarine Game'

COB
Old 05-19-07, 05:14 PM   #935
hyperstork
Bilge Rat

Please patch this game, Ubi. It's potential is great, and there are a lot of fans here.
Old 05-19-07, 05:24 PM   #936
pilpoilsl
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2
Default This patch is nedded

The speed calculation with the TDC that does not work correctly is the to have a 3 legs horse !
I really like SH, I am a bit desapointed with the problems encountered with SH4, how the developers have tested the TDC stadimeter ?.

It is really difficult to estimate the ship's speed manually - for me I mean :-) - so I have re-install the SH3.

I think that this patch is crucial for the credibility of UBI and facing the quality they claim about their products.

the patch , the patch , the patch !!!!
Old 05-19-07, 05:25 PM   #937
jlwalker
Silent and Deadly

Downloads: 407
Default SH4 V1.3 patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
It's coming up on two months since Silent Hunter 4 was released. Two patches have brought the game up to where it is stable and most of the basic features are functional, but there are still several key aspects that need attention and it's too quiet in the Ubisoft camp. I have not heard anything about the status of a third patch, which the game needs to be considered complete. Before the dev team gets too far from the construction site, Subsim is going to mount a campaign for patch v1.3. Silent Hunter 4 is an enjoyable game but has yet to reach the point where we consider it complete. The future of the Silent Hunter franchise depends on maintaining a reputation for quality.

We call on Ubisoft to complete Silent Hunter 4. We don't expect every wish to be fulfilled, but there are several key gameplay issues that loyal players and Ubisoft customers, who bought an incomplete game, deserve to have addressed. These include:
  • All AI needs tweaking, too often merchant ships all come to a stop and muddle around when under attack. Destroyers guarding merchants and especially in task forces occasionally seem somewhat uninterested in firing back. The Subchaser is unable to fire its main gun at all. If you mod the Subchaser to have a second gun in a raised position where the AA gun is it will fire this gun. The Akizuki DD has a similar issue, of the four guns it has only the two guns on the raised platforms actually fire. When the boat is rammed by a destroyer (for example) the destroyer generally comes of worse and often explodes.
  • Units of measurement: Imperial units for ship dimensions, torpedo depth gauge, range figure in the TDC and Position Keeper, all UOM issues need to be resolved.
  • Campaign retirement – feature or bug? Bug. Suggestion that it should be optional.
  • Repetitive patrols still get assigned.
  • Chronometer still doesn’t work as described in the manual. “The Chronometer bug”, this needs a quick and dirty fix, just a simple speed response in the text box when the Speed button is selected in the TDC, as occurs when the player clicks the Depth Beneath Keel button. But, importantly, the player should still have the choice of manually entering his own speed estimate in the TDC.
  • Radar needs finishing touches. It doesn't work when heading South 90deg to 270deg. Is SD radar fixed? Does is not detect ships but will detect aircraft? Also, when SD radar fitted there is no A scope display.
We need your help to demonstrate the need for patch 1.3. Join the campaign here and make yourself heard. Post here. Don't hesitate or put it off. This thread will need hundreds of names to merit any attention.

To vote, simply make a reply in this thread and add your thoughts.

Neal Stevens
Subsim

Other issues and discussion can be found in this topic.

Thank you Neal....I am in agreement and want to add my name to the campaign to have UBI fix the major remaining problems with SH4. We need the 1.3 patch ASAP.

Thanks again

Jlwalker
Old 05-19-07, 05:27 PM   #938
Bob007
Bilge Rat

Default Silent Hunter IV patch

Hey UBI! How about releasing a new patch to correct all of the problems! I really enjoy the sub series, but would like to get the "fixes" done.

Thanks,

Bob007
Old 05-19-07, 05:34 PM   #939
Hmasdog
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Torp In The Pond!!!

"PLEASE UBISOFT PUT A FLARE UP IF THERE IS A V1.3 IN THE WATER HOMING IN ON OUR WAKE'S , and if not can you please have a look through the periscope at doing a patch for what could be one of your GREATEST games with a little TLC."

I Know that you do care about your products, and have so many fish in the water to track, but this game series has a more loyal following than most other Ubisoft products from my experience, as I purchase many of your games!
And I don't usually post in this forum due to other Commitments ATM
so it has to be something important for me to do so, and a SH4 REFIT is a reason as it is a game with such potential and gives you an Older audience as well as the younger Gamers, in your fan base Demographic! - So the Upshot is don't let this game/Sim sink without trace and no lifeboat in sight PLEASE!!!

Also while your at it could you include an Option to fit a MK48 ADCAP 7 in my BOAT thanks

REGARDS AND FULL AHEAD - Hmasdog

Old 05-19-07, 05:36 PM   #940
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

As a customer who bought SH4, I want to see that the game is completed to a level that the stock game is stable, fully functional, and provides reasonable game play. Having not waited, but bought SH4 a couple of weeks after its release, whether there is a 1.3 patch and its corresponding quality will have a big impact on if I should buy future UBI titles or not.

Do the right thing!
Old 05-19-07, 05:40 PM   #941
DCOg
Mate

Downloads: 40

I agree. I love this game but think it can be made so much better.

DCOg
Old 05-19-07, 05:48 PM   #942
SleazeyWombat
Mate

Downloads: 3

I was really looking forward to this game. I found SH III a great game worth many many hours of play. The thought of doing it again in the Pacific theater was something I felt would be even better.

I assumed that the work done by modders on SH3, and the experience of the development team would promise a major improvement in gameplay, realism, and enjoyment.

Unfortunately, that promise is still unfullfilled. I had my copy of SH4 on preorder weeks before it was shipping. I received mine the very first week. I only played it a few times before the obvious bugs and incomplete features made me decide that there was no point in playing until the game had been fixed.

Each patch has improved the game, but it still has some major deficiencies. At this point, I still consider the game incomplete, and not worth investing much play time.

I think it can be fixed, and must be fixed, to be a worthwhile followup to SH3. It would be a shame to leave SH4 in the current state.
Old 05-19-07, 05:53 PM   #943
mhethco
Bilge Rat

Default Please Give us another patch!

I think Silent Hunter IV is a brilliant simulation that deserves to be a workable sim. In my opinion, it is a definite improvement over Silent Hunter III in many ways. Please produce a third patch so that Silent Hunter IV is functional in all respects.

mhethco
Old 05-19-07, 05:56 PM   #944
mikwarleo
Watch

Downloads: 9
Default patch it!

sigh @ companies that release and make money off an unfinished product and waste the time of and cause frustration to their customers

fix it and get on with it ubi

Old 05-19-07, 05:56 PM   #945
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
Default Urgent and most important

We all have made a huge investment and commitment over time to Silent Hunter and it's children. Silent Hunter 4, as today's Silent Hunter, could have repeated the huge success of the original, except for the failure to complete it. This, because of its attraction to the most important English language market, could have been a huge success for the developer. It's still not too late, and a comprehensive patch and knowledge by the community that it is coming can still boost it enormously. It can be saved.

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Closed Thread