SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-12, 05:51 AM   #9226
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopz View Post
After further testing, it seems that my deck gun bug is linked to your mod.

I can man the gun but the gun crew doesn't appear and I can't turn the gun. I'm having this bug on both 7.2.0 and 7.1.0.

Here's the list of mods I have on:
Mighty Fine Crew
Critical Hits Torpedoes
Trevally Automated Scripts & Kiel Canal
Torpedo Speed Abilities Fix
TDW TDC 7.2.0 test

I'll try to only use 7.2.0 see if I'm getting the bug with it.
edit: With only TDW mod, I'm still getting the bug and JSGME mod validator says the mod is correctly installed.
Here's a screenshot: http://lpix.org/799758/TDW_mod_gun_bug.png
Troopz,
having looked at your screenshot I can only say that for manning that deckgun you would need for an entire squad of frogmen, wich I am afraid is not implemented in this mod.

gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 06:11 AM   #9227
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

You have to be surfaced to use the deck gun . Press the surfaced icon on the left of the GUI . Can anyone get the single propellor to work with the UI 7.2 . I cannot get it to work .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 09:32 AM   #9228
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382
Uploads: 0

Yes, Sober. Working as TDW wrote in 9229 post, here.

Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 11:49 AM   #9229
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Troopz,
having looked at your screenshot I can only say that for manning that deckgun you would need for an entire squad of frogmen, wich I am afraid is not implemented in this mod.
Old 08-22-12, 01:20 PM   #9230
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Scope should first be placed on the waterline of the unit then press the stadimeter button. Set the next line at the highest point on the unit. Click mouse to accept

Doh! I was doing it the wrong way round then.

Haven't had a chance to go through the tutorial Trevally mentioned but I just had a go at ranging a war ship off the coast of Britain as I was already in place to do so and tried placing the stadimeter line on the highest point, which was in this case the mast (on a A Class destroyer from what I could tell in the darkness of night) and that didn't quite work so I went for the funnels and that worked like a charm.

Many thanks for the tip.

The new engine controls are looking nice btw. Not sure I'd use them but I'll give the new build of the UI a go at some point anyway.
Raven Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 04:59 PM   #9231
Troopz
Nub

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Troopz,
Doh! My mistake, I believe in vanilla you could fire the deck gun even if the deck was 'awash'. Anyway, got back to playing finally and nabbed me 3 carriers in one patrol, early 1940's a bit easy.
Troopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 08:49 PM   #9232
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Hello again

I've been trying to gauge the speed of ships but I'm having a bit of problem doing so using this UI mod.

The XO TDC function ends up giving me silly speeds for freighters, speeds like 44kts when the recognition manual states they only do 13kts max!

I also cannot find out the speed by hovering over them like you can in vanilla SH5 and when I click on a target the info displayed doesn't give the speed, it's shown as ---

Probably doing something wrong myself, but I'm wondering if there is there any way of getting the speed and range info when hovering over a target back (also the speed info when hovering over the speed control on each speed), I found that really helpful in vanilla SH5 and it would be better as this UI mod's alternative doesn't seem to work for me. I've had a look in the options file but can't immediately spot anything relating to this, I did see the string "ShowContactsActualSpeed = False" and changed it to "True" but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-12, 09:05 PM   #9233
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

You will get erroneous speed readings if you TDC AOB dial is set incorrectly.

If you want to get the contact's speed back by hovering over it then enable item notes in the upper right top extended bar.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 03:43 AM   #9234
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Test with NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Using depth icons
If i go from submerged to decks awash i dont get the crew on deck . Is there a way to have the game flash the icon red or disable the icon until the correct icon sequence is pressed . I should have gone from submerged , then surfaced then decks awash .

I get a big script error page when crash diving when the sub gets to around 100mts depth .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 07:17 AM   #9235
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Test with NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Using depth icons
If i go from submerged to decks awash i dont get the crew on deck . Is there a way to have the game flash the icon red or disable the icon until the correct icon sequence is pressed . I should have gone from submerged , then surfaced then decks awash .

I get a big script error page when crash diving when the sub gets to around 100mts depth .
There shouldn't be any sequence needed to get crew on the deck. Going from submerged to decks awash should have crew on deck when you get to decks awash depth.

What does this script error say when the sub gets to around 100m depth?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:06 AM   #9236
Segwin
Planesman

Downloads: 127
Default A repeat command in otipons file

I'm just setting up the UIs for the first time.

I'm in the RADIO tab and 3rd line down is Set time compression to one on radio message received = true (default)

12 line down is Set time compression to one when a new radio message is received = false (default)

Wouldn't all radio messages be considered new? Wouldn't line 3 override line 12?

Thanks.
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:22 AM   #9237
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You will get erroneous speed readings if you TDC AOB dial is set incorrectly.
Oh I see. That's probably it then. Haven't quite got the hang of setting AOB yet.

Quote:
If you want to get the contact's speed back by hovering over it then enable item notes in the upper right top extended bar.

Cool. Thought it might have been there somewhere, you seem to think of everything.
Old 08-23-12, 04:12 PM   #9238
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Been looking through the recognition manual that comes with the TDW UI and noticed that some ships, not all just some, have a 2nd set of information just above the image, it also doesn't always correspond to the information given on the right hand page.

You can see what I mean in this screengrab, I've highlighted the bits in question in red boxes -

It appears that some of the .dds files still have this information on them.

An easy fix, on the _sil.dds files for the ships in question just black out the data on the main layer and alpha layer and save the file again.

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 08-23-12 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-23-12, 04:27 PM   #9239
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

not sure about that sorry.

Did you know that you can click on the "ADDITIONAL INFO" line

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=75
Old 08-23-12, 04:47 PM   #9240
Raven Morpheus
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
not sure about that sorry.

Did you know that you can click on the "ADDITIONAL INFO" line

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=75

Probably just my install, I had the ERM v2.10 mod installed prior to installing the TDW UI mod so it could just be files haven't been overwritten. I'm going to look for a clean set of the art files and copy them over, I believe TDW's FX_Update has a nice clean set, if not I'll just re-install SH5 but keep my current install as a copy and take the files from the fresh install (assuming of course they all exist), if not I'll just edit the files myself.

Thanks for the tip on the Additional Info line, wondered what that's for, haven't bothered seeing if it's clickable yet though.

EDIT - I found out where the problem lied. It's actually in TDW's FX Update v0.0.19. That's the mod which contains the .dds files which have that extra data on them. So I looked in the backup JSGME makes, renamed the backups of the relevant files back to .dds and copied them to the relevant folders and the images are back to normal.

The ships affected for me were as follows -

Duilio
Duke Of York
Suffolk
Eagle
Furious
Hermes
Archer
Attacker
Audacity
Charger
Sangamon
Town
Stork
Hog Island War Supplies
Thetis (in-game I had one called something or other Cutter, this is referred to in the files as Thetis)
Troop Transport (called Mauretania in the files)
SC497
Rawalpindi (the AMC's)

Hope that helps anyone else that comes across this issue.

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 08-23-12 at 05:49 PM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui