Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-19, 03:57 AM   #9136
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I had no illusions, always considered it to be a chance with a considerable ammount of risk involved and the need to endure a couple of difficult years - but a realistic chance if played with determination and going completely new ways, making short process with petrified state-economic and financial theories and over-taxation and big state ideas. It makes me sick how dilletantically this chance was ruined and carelessly given away. Those responsible should be hung with their necks in the trees untl the birds are fisnihed with them.

Its a crime what they have made of this.

Its all ruined, and no way out. Even if they cancel the Brexit completely, the civil society's rifts will widen and the disgrace will be total - so will be Brussel's triumph. If May gets her deal in the end, it will be a total defeat for the UK and a situation of utmost depenbdecy and vasallship, being at the total mercy of Brussel. If it becomes a hard Brexit, they then wills uffer from the two years wasted with thinking they just need to paste and copy old treaties into new ones.

I curse a lot about the EU. But the UK establishement has played this much, much more stupid than the EU usually behaves. Not even when being drunk I could have expected this pityful display of a political system'S collapsing rationality. a total and complete system failure.

Any way, the EU has won this. With flying banners and yelling fanfares.

And the net receiver sin the EU can have a party. The net payers will loose their blocking ministerial veto. From now on, the net recievers can just vote for the amount of money being transferred to them.
Old 02-14-19, 07:00 AM   #9137
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Perhaps we should invade Europe in an effort to build up our depleted industrial base and renew some self esteem

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-14-19, 07:06 AM   #9138
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

To avoid No Deal visa chaos this year why not consider a holiday or property investment in Asia's ultimate zero carbon eco village where recycling has been taken as far as humanly possible!?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-from-missiles

Old 02-14-19, 08:28 AM   #9139
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Shamima Begum: Ex-Bethnal Green schoolgirl who joined IS 'wants to come home'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

I say you can go rot you terrorist scum, PM May if you let her back in then you are a weak minded fool.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-14-19, 08:34 AM   #9140
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Jacob Rees-Mogg Says It Could Take 50 Years To Reap The Benefits Of Brexit

A leading Brexiteer (..Mogg) has suggested it could take 50 years to judge whether Brexit has been an economic success amid fears quitting the European Union will lead to a downturn.

@Mogg: “You don’t seem to be prepared to put your own future on the line when you’re prepared to put everybody else’s futures on the line.”

So.. maybe it will not have been a sucess.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-14-19 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-14-19, 08:52 AM   #9141
Catfish

Ivan Rogers:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ed-home-truths

Seems obvious?

1 ... points out that the government seems to be expecting the EU to bend its club rules to accommodate the UK. The EU is not going to do this, because its solidarity is with its partners.

2. ‘Other people have sovereignty too
The EU will try to maximise its own sovereignty and power where it can, and this will not work to the advantage of the UK.

3. ‘Brexit is a process not an event’
The UK underestimated the EU’s ability to negotiate, and bought into the fantasy of a quick, easy break.

4. ‘It is not possible or democratic to argue that only one Brexit destination is true, legitimate and represents the revealed ‘will of the people’ and that all other potential destinations outside the EU are ‘Brexit in name only’.’

5. ‘If WTO terms or existing EU preferential deals are not good enough for the UK in major third country markets, they can’t be good enough for trade with our largest market.’ There is a contradiction at the heart of the argument made by many of those advocating no deal.

6. ‘The huge problem for the UK with either reversion to WTO terms or with a standard free trade deal with the EU is in services’. The UK services industry will suffer greatly under current plans for leaving the EU, because May has emphasised frictionless trade in goods, despite manufacturing representing a far smaller slice of the economy.

7. ‘Beware all supposed deals bearing ‘pluses’. The ‘pluses’ merely signify that all deficiencies in the named deal will miraculously disappear when we Brits come to negotiate our own version of it.’

8. ‘You cannot, and should not want to, conduct such a huge negotiation as untransparently as the UK has. And in the end, it does you no good to try.’ The EU has been much better than the UK at transparency during these negotiations.

9. ‘Real honesty with the public is the best – the only – policy if we are to get to the other side of Brexit with a healthy democracy, a reasonably unified country and a healthy economy.’

Next: Economic war with Trump. Alone.

"The looming economic slump is of no concern to Brexiteers fighting for the survival of their fantasy project"
Hand it all over to Farage.

Old 02-14-19, 09:10 AM   #9142
STEED
Lucky Jack

The only thing to come out of Bexit is the fact politicians on all sides here and in the EU are the biggest load of Bastards who lust for power and the world stage and to hell with everyone else screw you plebs.

Time for the plebs to rise up and dish this out...

You can make of that any way you like.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-14-19, 09:36 AM   #9143
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

I say you can go rot you terrorist scum, PM May if you let her back in then you are a weak minded fool.
Do try to keep up.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3275

Old 02-14-19, 09:46 AM   #9144
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Do try to keep up.
I would have to sniff funny white powder to keep up with you jim!

I rather stick to the odd beer its better for me and cheaper.

Old 02-14-19, 09:53 AM   #9145
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-14-19, 09:57 AM   #9146
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Now now...save that for the EU.

Tune in and have a beer.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-p...ments-47201286

Old 02-14-19, 10:00 AM   #9147
Catfish

The EU? Save it for Farage.

Very good article what happened/s and why. Read it. Please.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2014/0...or-old-people/

"Instead of smearing themselves with tar and feathers, mainstream politicians should remind populists that they do the hard work of politics: representing constituents, reconciling competing claims and taking an interest in dry corners of legislation that affect people’s lives. Most politics is necessary drudgery. Seen from this angle, the “elite” are the people who get their hands dirty. And populists who damn the whole spectacle from cosy sidelines are the truly decadent ones."

Old 02-14-19, 10:02 AM   #9148
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

May probably won't win any of the amendments tonight tonight....Anna Soubry could be the one though.

Old 02-14-19, 10:03 AM   #9149
STEED
Lucky Jack

^Out of date, Nigel left UKIP and as formed the Brexit party.

Old 02-14-19, 10:05 AM   #9150
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The EU? Save it for Farage.

Very good article what happened/s and why. Read it. Please.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2014/0...or-old-people/

"Instead of smearing themselves with tar and feathers, mainstream politicians should remind populists that they do the hard work of politics: representing constituents, reconciling competing claims and taking an interest in dry corners of legislation that affect people’s lives. Most politics is necessary drudgery. Seen from this angle, the “elite” are the people who get their hands dirty. And populists who damn the whole spectacle from cosy sidelines are the truly decadent ones."
The work of Farage was accomplished when he achieved the referendum. I doubt many folk take him all that seriously these days.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics