Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-21, 10:49 AM   #9121
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
You're not wrong Sky, I can't figure why people wont vaccinate, it's free and painless, at least it was for us. The wife and I have both been vaccinated with Pfizer (both shots) so too our family members.
I really can't understand why people refuse the treatment!!
The issue is lack of transparency of the risks of side effects and the lack of transparency regarding vaccine effectiveness.

There are many reports of people dropping dead within a week of getting the vax and no significant effort to evaluate how the vax may have contributed to or caused their deaths.

In the US, they refuse to report anyone who gets covid after being vaccinated unless it results in hospitalization. How many people who got vaccinated and still got infected is unknown.

Both my wife and I are vaxxed and we both had to go to the hospital after getting infected. But because we were not admitted into a bed, it doesn't get reported. Our teenage son and tween daughter who were unvaxxed got covid at the same time as us and ended up with the sniffles for 2-3 days...

Shouldn't people understand if they are more likely to suffer adverse side effects from the vaccine if they have a specific condition? Shouldn't they be able to evaluate those risks in the face of exactly how effective the vaccine will be to begin with? We do that now with every other vaccine.

A 10 year old healthy child has a higher risk of vaccine side effects than of a bad outcome from being infected. A 70 year old with diabetes has a huge risk from being infected in comparison to getting vaxxed.

A 35 year old with an autoimmune disorder or a blood clotting disorder is different in the middle.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 11:01 AM   #9122
SpeedyPC
Officer

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If you want to have fully protection-then you need to take a third booster jab every 6-7 month.

Markus

I'm told when we're taking the third booster jab is required every 6 months, UNTIL, the pandemic is over and is like taking a flu shot every 12 months.

Nobody knows how long the COVID pandemic will last, some say the pandemic may last up to 6 or 7 years, because, nobody knows how long.

We need to learn to live within the new normal COVID pandemic enviroment, until, it's OVER.

If you really hated to live within the new normal COVID pandemic, blame, China for the whole disaster.
SpeedyPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 11:20 AM   #9123
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Friends there's things I really don't understand. Been reading as much as I can in this thread and it makes me thoughtful.

I've read all the comments from friends who says it's important to get these jabs and how well it protect against Corona/Covid-19.

Then I read how these people refuse to meet unvaccinated people-This is what I don't understand-Isn't this vaccine good enough after all ? So why force people to take the shot.

Maybe it's me who don't understand it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 11:23 AM   #9124
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Interesting watch:

Sanjay Gupta talks with Covid-19 survivors about misinformation

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=2306033622860914
Old 11-05-21, 11:39 AM   #9125
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Friends there's things I really don't understand. Been reading as much as I can in this thread and it makes me thoughtful.

I've read all the comments from friends who says it's important to get these jabs and how well it protect against Corona/Covid-19.

Then I read how these people refuse to meet unvaccinated people-This is what I don't understand-Isn't this vaccine good enough after all ? So why force people to take the shot.

Markus
For those that are vaccinated but do not want to meet unvaccinated is their choice. Why they do this could be a variety of reasons. Anxiety. Do not trust the vaccine yet. Or an attempt to have others get vaccinated if they want to meet with the vaccinated. Similar to NY City demanding in many places a vaccine passport to eat at a restaurant, see a show and the like. Similar in demanding a vaccine if one wants to keep their job. In a nutshell, it is called coercion.
Old 11-05-21, 11:40 AM   #9126
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

Markus

I am vaccinated. I have a very high probability of not suffering a serious case when getting infected, I most likely will not need to go to hospital or into ICU. I will most likely not die.

I have a raised probability of not getting infected in the first. The virus finds it more difficult to infest me. I stay infectous for shorter time, beign a risk for others for shorter time. But this probability is not as high as the one for not getting dangerously ill from it. Its a reasonable argument, but not the decisive, the cutting argument.

Therefore, I still can become a carrier and spreader, while not even being aware of it. The likelihood is only much smaller, but not smaller by ten factors or so, but only three or four factors. And if I infect somebody else, than that is what is happening, I infect this other person. And if this person happens to be unvaccinated and old and having comorbidities, that meeting between us two has a solid risk of ending not nicely for this other person.

So, even vaccinated persons can help to spread the pandemic and keep it running. They only do that at reduced probabilities, or reduced intensitiy. But they still do it. Just not as often anymore as without vaccination.
Old 11-05-21, 11:46 AM   #9127
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
For those that are vaccinated but do not want to meet unvaccinated is their choice. Why they do this could be a variety of reasons. Anxiety. Do not trust the vaccine yet. Or an attempt to have others get vaccinated if they want to meet with the vaccinated. Similar to NY City demanding in many places a vaccine passport to eat at a restaurant, see a show and the like. Similar in demanding a vaccine if one wants to keep their job. In a nutshell, it is called coercion.
Huh. I must have been coerced to receive vaccinations for school when I was younger and heavily coerced when receiving the battery of shots the U.S. Navy gave me before deployment. To think I always 'had a choice' or should have been driven to paranoid concern over such. I think I have enough 'chips' in me to be my own cell phone in a pinch now. 'Hello, Lizard Person Grand Poobah?'
Old 11-05-21, 11:47 AM   #9128
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Interesting watch:

Sanjay Gupta talks with Covid-19 survivors about misinformation

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=2306033622860914
I’m a COVID survivor and I don’t give a rats arse what Gupta has to say. Good luck too you though because unless you lock yourself away in a bomb shelter with proper filtration you will, vaccinated or not, become infected with it. Hopefully by then it will be as benign as the Spanish Flu has become.
Old 11-05-21, 11:48 AM   #9129
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I’m a COVID survivor and I don’t give a rats arse what Gupta has to say.
Big surprise?
Old 11-05-21, 11:54 AM   #9130
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Huh. I must have been coerced to receive vaccinations for school when I was younger and heavily coerced when receiving the battery of shots the U.S. Navy gave me before deployment. To think I always 'had a choice' or should have been driven to paranoid concern over such. I think I have enough 'chips' in me to be my own cell phone in a pinch now. 'Hello, Lizard Person Grand Poobah?'
It is coercion. A vaccine is a requirement to attend school. The threat? No vaccine no school. Once you join the armed services you are subject to their demands without question. Of course you read all of the forms before signing them. Right? Your choice is to accept, sign and get what's coming. Or go AWOL once you figure out the armed forces are just not your cup of tea. No worries, someone will be along to collect you. There is no real coercion here you signed up and knew what was coming.
Old 11-05-21, 12:09 PM   #9131
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you AVGWarhawk and Skybird for your answer to my comment.

Yes it's up the vaccinated if they want to meet unvaccinated people

Reading Skybirds comment made me wonder.

Is a vaccinated person more dangerous towards others-Here I'm thinking.

The vaccinated think they are protected and do not take these weekly test and could walk around contagious and infect others- both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Markus

Old 11-05-21, 12:10 PM   #9132
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I’m a COVID survivor and I don’t give a rats arse what Gupta has to say. Good luck too you though because unless you lock yourself away in a bomb shelter with proper filtration you will, vaccinated or not, become infected with it. Hopefully by then it will be as benign as the Spanish Flu has become.

Isn't that Sanjay Gupta quack peddling horse tranquilizers or something?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 12:13 PM   #9133
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
It is coercion. A vaccine is a requirement to attend school. The threat? No vaccine no school. Once you join the armed services you are subject to their demands without question. Of course you read all of the forms before signing them. Right? Your choice is to accept, sign and get what's coming. Or go AWOL once you figure out the armed forces are just not your cup of tea. No worries, someone will be along to collect you. There is no real coercion here you signed up and knew what was coming.
Well then the real question is ... why go coercion crazed now, over Covid vaccines?
Old 11-05-21, 12:14 PM   #9134
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A vaccinated person is les sliely to become ifnected in the first, and if getting infected, stays infectous for shorter tiem than unvaccinated people. Thus, by probabilities a vaccinated person "materially" is less dangerous, no doubt in that.

If that person takes its vacicnation as an arzgument to ebcome uncarind and unrespectful and ebhave in a uncautious manner, it therefore behaves more "aggressive" and thus if this person is infecitous it spread the infeciton mroe aggressively.

To be precise, this person could be more dangerous - but exclusively due to its behaviour.

No argument can be formed from this that vaccinations are useless or are dangerous and should be "forbidden".
Old 11-05-21, 12:31 PM   #9135
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A vaccinated person is les sliely to become ifnected in the first, and if getting infected, stays infectous for shorter tiem than unvaccinated people. Thus, by probabilities a vaccinated person "materially" is less dangerous, no doubt in that.

If that person takes its vacicnation as an arzgument to ebcome uncarind and unrespectful and ebhave in a uncautious manner, it therefore behaves more "aggressive" and thus if this person is infecitous it spread the infeciton mroe aggressively.

To be precise, this person could be more dangerous - but exclusively due to its behaviour.

No argument can be formed from this that vaccinations are useless or are dangerous and should be "forbidden".
The vaccine against Corona is very much important. What I try to tell is even if you got the jabs you should continue to take these quick test or PCR test as they are called here in Denmark.

Markus

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan