Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-19, 10:16 AM   #9076
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

So brexiter Dyson moves to Singapore, claiming brexit will be a disaster for.. Europe, and the latter will be on its knees to beg England.

Well we will see, but:

" ... last October, Singapore signed a trade agreement with the EU, which eliminates virtually all tariffs in the mutual exchange of goods."

"Since 2003, however, [Dyson] production in the UK has stopped. Hair dryers, vacuum cleaners and fans have since been manufactured in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore."

From 'Die Welt' (Google translate)
https://translate.google.com/transla...-Singapur.html

All sides would be better off doing something productive, instead of bigmouthing.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-05-19, 10:28 AM   #9077
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

All sides would be better off doing something productive, instead of bigmouthing.
Agreed but can someone tell this to her

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-05-19, 10:37 AM   #9078
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Her leader and former lover is hardly any better...

Old 02-05-19, 12:12 PM   #9079
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
OMFG do you have any evidence or at least a link to back up your defamatory statements?

Equal rights in Northern Ireland are threatend by brexit, not by the EU
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00339-y
https://www.ft.com/content/1a7af4ec-...9-c7e6ceb5ffdf

A threat by whom? Isn't it so that some Tories threatened Ireland with a food shortage in case of a backstop, and if it stayed in the EU?
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...es-890762.html

The "backstop" was a british proposal, and the EU agreed to it as did Ireland. It is perfectly clear that there will be a hard border with no backstop, this was never in question. How else will England want to "protect its borders" in case of a no deal brexit? So it is so bad to say how it is aloud and call a spade a spade eh?
This has all be ignored during and since the brexit refeferendum, don't try to blame all this bull on the EU again.
What you always ignored and constantly gloss over is the simple fact that a case of Backstop actiove is a wepaon in thehands of the eU to keep the UK helpless and in a tax uniuon FOR ALL TIME TO COME, if so the eu wishes. Its a biblical trump card in the hand of the EU. And you innocently ask why any UKler could have anything against that, since the EU said it means it only oh so well.

You play possum. And you know it.

May shoud have never agreed to this. It wasd the last, the decisive mistake of her, in a chain of mistakes she made. Though even if she would have played the match best way possible, it is highly questionable that there would be a better situaiton today, sicne the EU from all beginning on was set to opunish the Brits and execute an example to scare any other people wanting leave the EU away from that idea. To make it as miserable as poissible for the UK, under all costs, was always the top priority in the way the EU played it. Not seeing that means to refuse to see the EU's top prioritiy: teaching a lesson.

Ireland indeed got threatened with a customs regime if it does not impose a hard border to the North, severla German media revealed in the past days. You can look it up yourself. Brok, Asselbloom and others later put it in words once again for sure. tHis was because the Republic indicated it may try to save the peace by not enforcing such a hard border. The threats from Brussel meanwhile has made the Republic sharpening its language again, though still trying to weasel.

I was against any negotiatiuons form beginning on. I did not forsee just every detail and comliuction, but in egnerla I am not suprised a bit by where they satand now. Its all a waste of time, and it never had a chance to be anything different. The UK either will be independent form the block by a dew factor hard Brexit, or any "compromise" will keep it subjugated in dependency despite any referendum. They still do not want to see that in London. They still want to eat the cake while keeping it - a cake that they even never have baked (baken? damn grammar...) it in the first.
Old 02-05-19, 12:34 PM   #9080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-05-19, 04:01 PM   #9081
Skybird
Soaring

^ Yes.

Add Germany to that faction of "not wantin to let you go due to money" as well, and the other netto payers. Without the UK, the net receivers can be voted down by netto receivers every time. Which means due to the isnane structure and design of the EU the netto receovers can than dimninate and rle how netto payer havce to pay for the netto receiversd in the future - and the payers no longer can block that with a veto.

Go figure.

I am surprised how little this gets comunicated in our media over here, I think I saw it beign mentioned by not even ever ythird of our major newspapers here. Although it is pure dynamite.

Thus, the Brexit will cost Germany much, much, much more than just the imminent costs calculated and communicated in the TV shows so far. MUCH MUCH more. Its not possible to give a real number, but no doubt we talk about many factors - and even higher factors the more desperate the state of the FIAT money crisis becomes.

Another chance for the Germans to learn this lesson. Though I would not bet money on that this time they finally will. All chances before have been rejected by them. This German disease I call hysterical romanticissm, you know.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-05-19 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-05-19, 04:34 PM   #9082
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Here's a old gem how about France Germany and the UK form a new block and leave the EU to sink.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-05-19, 05:03 PM   #9083
Skybird
Soaring

What do you mean - France, and the UK...?

Ah. "British humour."

Old 02-05-19, 05:32 PM   #9084
STEED
Lucky Jack

It's something from a few years ago some expert said.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-05-19, 07:19 PM   #9085
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
And the UK owes 2 trillion (Euro of course). What's the point? This is pathetic.

Oh and by the way: There is nobody who keeps the UK from walking away. It is the UK that still wants to negotiate (though the deal is done and dusted and has been on the table for some time now).

A side note: All my British colleagues in the meantime have applied for European citizenship. Two will become Dutch, one will become German and one will become Belgian (dear me, good beer though). That's four high profile programmers / modelers lost and it's only the beginning.
Old 02-06-19, 06:37 AM   #9086
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
"It's not good enough to come back next week and say that the negotiations are ongoing," a senior Cabinet minister warned. But will the prime minister's travels this week do more than just keep the show on the road?

Today she's in Northern Ireland meeting the different political parties, including the DUP - whose votes she needs in Parliament - who are totally opposed to the current version of the controversial backstop, as well as Sinn Fein, who are just as adamant that it must remain.

Then on Thursday, Theresa May will be in Brussels, asking - again - for the EU to amend the policy, seeking either a time limit or a legal upgrade to the promise that both sides will only use it if they really, really, really have to, and they don't expect it to last forever.

In short, today's a chance for the PM to test out what she'll ask for, tomorrow, an opportunity to sell it as hard as she can in Brussels.

Remember, she has asked for these changes before and been turned down.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47142078
I reckon she's wasting her time....the game of 'chicken' still has 51 1/2 days to run.

Old 02-06-19, 07:22 AM   #9087
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-06-19, 07:36 AM   #9088
STEED
Lucky Jack

We all are in debt with one another borrowing money and in some cases buying debt.

https://worlddebtclocks.com/#world

Moving on...
Donald Tusk makes a stinging comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47143135

Old 02-06-19, 07:57 AM   #9089
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
European Council President Donald Tusk has spoken of a "special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely".
That'll be Poland then Donald?

Quote:
Former UKIP leader, and now an independent MEP, Nigel Farage, tweeted back at Mr Tusk: "After Brexit we will be free of unelected, arrogant bullies like you and run our own country. Sounds more like heaven to me."
Nice one Nigel

Old 02-06-19, 08:40 AM   #9090
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

I suspect Brussels is completely apoplectic at the possibility of the UK blazing a trail of self-determination, unilateral economic prosperity and fundamental sovereignty that they (the EU) are compelled to make leaving as contentious and difficult as possible to dissuade other countries from thinking along the same lines.

It is pretty clear (at least to me) where the EU wishes to be in 20 years time. There are no scheduled stops on that runaway train destined for absolutism. No time like the present to jump off before it becomes even more difficult to do so.

Stay the course Britain. If you cave in now for the sake of political expediency and appearances, you'll be sorry.

Good luck. Still lots of time between now and March 29th for the self serving politicos to muck it up.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics