SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-09, 06:31 PM   #886
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmuda
I use the newest TMO with RSRDC.

I noticed that my ship no longer starts at Midway if setting out from Pearl "out of dock".

Is this becasue of RSRDC?
Yes
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 02:41 PM   #887
E.B. Fluckey
Sailor man

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B. Fluckey
I have a couple of potential bugs to report. I'm new to SH4 so I'm not sure if these are TMO bugs or what. Here's what I'm seeing:

Mods:
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_162_Full
RSRD_TMOv162_V372
SCAF1.5 for RSRDCv371

Bugs:
Completed a war patrol starting December 8 and ending February 18 (was running TMO 1.5.2 at the time). Sank 6 (solo) merchants throughout the patrol. Upon entering port 4/6 sinkings were reported to happen on the same day. I think this error contributed to receiving the Medal of Honor

I added SD radar to my sub, handed out promotions and medals and then saved my game and quit for the night. I then upgraded TMO to 1.62 and upgraded RSRDC as well. SCAF is the same as before.

When I loaded my saved game I double checked the SD radar was installed before leaving port and at this point I'm offered an amazing array of upgrades for 1942 including:
  • SJ Radar
  • Mark 27 Cutie, Mark 26, Mark 18, etc (essentially every torpedo model used throughout the war)
  • Decoys
Now, perhaps this isn't a bug and all of this should be available in 1942. However, from what I've read this stuff came much later. Maybe these aren't bugs but the upgrades weren't offered before saving / loading my game. Only the SD radar was offered.

Thoughts?
Just crickets? Oh well, I can research when the equipment became available and only add it to my sub then. Great mod overall, thank so much for the hard work
E.B. Fluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 04:29 PM   #888
Hmuda
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmuda
I use the newest TMO with RSRDC.

I noticed that my ship no longer starts at Midway if setting out from Pearl "out of dock".

Is this becasue of RSRDC?
Yes
Thanks.
Old 01-16-09, 07:51 AM   #889
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Default TMO 163

TMO 163

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/1191029895
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 10:07 AM   #890
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Thanks for the heads up.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 03:23 AM   #891
Ramboxxx88
Seaman

Downloads: 35

Why Playable ships dont work on Trigger Maru 1.6.2. I mean that the Playable ships work on 1.5.5, can you please help me.
Ramboxxx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 07:20 PM   #892
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default What is the TMO 163 Patch???

Do I patch using JGSME (i.e. just add this as another mod)?

e.g.
Mod order in JGSME should be?...

TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3 Patch then
RSRD etc

???

EDIT: Disregard this post. I found the info I was looking for in the DL instructions for RSRD. i.e. use JGSME

Last edited by tomoose; 01-20-09 at 09:19 PM.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 03:45 PM   #893
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202

I have a question again i installed the latast TMO 1.6.3 version over the 1.6.2 version and almost all is OK the only thing that is not working anymore is the next/previous cam buton "." now i did edit the MOD/Data/Cfg/Commands/and then the Cmd 50+51

I did this in V1.6.2 and it worked great it restored the function of the "." button. Now i did the same in V1.6.3 and the "." button no longer functions so i no have the next/prevous cam function atm.

Does anyone have the same problem and did anyone found a solution??

So in short the solution as discribed in the FAQ of the V.1.6.2 no works for the V1.6.3 at least not with me.

Regards Rowddy.
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 04:18 PM   #894
Paul Roberts
Helmsman

Downloads: 83
Default Sell me on Trigger Maru

Here's a potential can of worms, but we're all adults, right?

What does Trigger Maru do better than RFB? I've been playing the latter for a long time and have never set foot in TMO. I see that it is very popular, however, and now I'm wondering what it offers.

Could someone give me a brief outline of what Trigger Maru offers that RFB does not? I'm interested in how the flavor of SH4 changes with TMO installed.
Paul Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 05:42 PM   #895
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Roberts
Here's a potential can of worms, but we're all adults, right?

What does Trigger Maru do better than RFB? I've been playing the latter for a long time and have never set foot in TMO. I see that it is very popular, however, and now I'm wondering what it offers.

Could someone give me a brief outline of what Trigger Maru offers that RFB does not? I'm interested in how the flavor of SH4 changes with TMO installed.
I quote Ducimus;

"Trigger Maru Overhauled is a "supermod" that touches on just about every aspect of the game you can think of, and focuses exclusively on the Pacific Submarine war, and the US Silent Service. It's stated goals are to make the pacific theater immersive and engaging to the player. Historical accuracy and realism (sometimes achieved by abstract means) is adhered to as much as possible, but some elements are taken with creative license in order to achieve its stated goals. Trigger Maru is also targeted for the "seasoned" submarine sim fan, and some elements have been made harder in order to present a higher level of challenge then that provided the stock game, while at the same time, reducing some elements of the game that one may find annoying.

Trigger Maru also recognizes that "harder" is not neccessarily "realistic", and stands in solidarity with the Real Fleet Boat "supermod" in this regard. If your looking for 100% historical accuracy without creative license, the author of Trigger Maru heartily recommends Real Fleet Boat."

Give a try and let us know what you think!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-09, 06:47 PM   #896
Paul Roberts
Helmsman

Downloads: 83

Thanks for the answer. May I ask someone to give some details about what kind of "creative license" is involved? Also, what are some of the things that you feel make TMO better (than stock, or RFB)? Just a few bullet points would suffice.

I know I could fire it up and see, but I'm so dim that I'll probably miss even the obvious things. Anyway, I'm mainly interested in hearing about what's going on under the hood.
Paul Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 11:38 PM   #897
Powerthighs
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. May I ask someone to give some details about what kind of "creative license" is involved? Also, what are some of the things that you feel make TMO better (than stock, or RFB)? Just a few bullet points would suffice.
I've never played RFB but I have played quite a bit of TMO. TMO includes lots of great graphics and sound mods. Also, the game in general is more difficult - enemy capabilities are set to get the best gameplay possible, even if not always matching historical fact. Planes can see and bomb you underwater sometimes if you are shallow.

A good example of the creative license in TMO is the torpedo failure rate. The failure rate is high, to provide a challenge, but not quite as insanely high as it was in real life the first couple of years of the war, because at a certain point it's not fun. RFB, on the other hand, would strive to maximum historical accuracy.
Powerthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 01:52 AM   #898
skookum
Weps

Downloads: 35

Can anyone think of a reason I'm not getting all the crazy good orange explosions after torpedo hits? I get the initial splash and some fire. But I never seem to get the giant fireball from hell. Can't figue it out.

Operation Monsun
RSRD
TMO 1.62
Patched to 1.63
Old 01-27-09, 09:00 AM   #899
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 806
Uploads: 4

Any chance of putting 1.62/3 on BTS ?
It'll be easier to use a Download manager.

vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 09:03 PM   #900
Captain Hill
Watch

Downloads: 1

Just finished successfully installing TMO 163 for SHIV:Gold v 1.5. It's like a whole new game. Many thanks for the extra enjoyment this puts into the game.
Captain Hill is offline   Reply With Quote