SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-12, 01:10 PM   #886
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445
Uploads: 0

exactly that is, put the pointer over a contact and not hear the propellers, also not reflected in touch on the left on the pad, which should see the contact type, merchant or warship.
You can check the hexadecimal value that is applied the patch?
was from v1_0_51_0 version when I started to notice this problem
Thanks for your interest
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 02:22 PM   #887
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
exactly that is, put the pointer over a contact and not hear the propellers, also not reflected in touch on the left on the pad, which should see the contact type, merchant or warship.
You can check the hexadecimal value that is applied the patch?
was from v1_0_51_0 version when I started to notice this problem
Thanks for your interest
I changed how the patch was working starting in v51. Did you remove the previous patch before applying patch v52? Try clean, unmodified files (i.e. stock sh5.exe, shcollisions.act, and shsim.act) and see if you still have the problem.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 02:28 PM   #888
chun
Helmsman

Yes, the last patch was applied on clean files, always follow the procedure for disabling the previous patches, as you suggest, as it leaves a new versiony the problem remains.
Old 08-17-12, 03:16 PM   #889
chun
Helmsman

TDW, solved, he had not done well since version 1.37, applied to files now clean and working properly. Thanks for your interest.
sorry for the inconvenience
Old 08-17-12, 08:20 PM   #890
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.55.0 released. See post #1

Revised the CO2 patch for the SH5.exe so that it ensures that CO2 % is 0 when surfaced. This will kill the game bug that sometimes doesn't reset the CO2 %.

NOTE: You'll need to disable the CO2 patch for the SH5.exe using the old patcher first before enabling this new one.

Now I'm going to add an increase in CO2 production when battlestations is active
Old 08-17-12, 09:00 PM   #891
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125

I hated the CO2 bug, I would always have to save and reload the game to have it go back to zero again. There is another annoying bug, if you dive deep (I tend to get it when I dive down to 100 metres) and then walk to the captain's bed room, close the hatch. If I then order the submarine to surface again, while the uboat is going up again I cannot walk through the hatch again into the command room, im stuck there. This only happens when the uboat is moving upwards and has a angled slope to it, when the uboat gets to the surface and the uboat slope is nullified, I can then immediately move through the hatch again.

To sum it up:

1: Dive to 100 metres (or any depth really)
2: Walk through the hatch to captains bed room
3: Close hatch
4: Order uboat to surface again
5: Ubot now tilts upwards and gets a slope
6: Open hatch and walk through it (Stuck, wont allow to walk through)

This does not happen if you stay at the depth and the uboat have no slope. It almost always happens when you go up again and it gets a slope or is tilted upwards.

I have to mention that this bug is not always reproducable, it happens only some times. Just wont allow to walk through the hatch, no matter how many times you try and from what position you try to walk through it. You just have to wait in the captains bed room until it is surfaced.

It sort of feels like being in a prison, you are standing right in front of an open hatch, you can see the legs of your crew in the command room, they walk around and you are a duck on the other side of the hatch

My first thought was that, perhaps the increased height of the captains bed room position is responsible for this, the command room is at a lower position when the uboat is sloped upwards, and perhaps the height is greater than is allowed in order to walk through the hatch. I don't know, that is what caught my attention first.

See this diagram, when it is tilted upwards, when you try to walk through the hatch, you are approaching it from a higher position sort, not exactly, but the game might turn out so anyway. I don't know.

I would also like to see the game become more responsive when using time compression, some times it is just slow as hell when trying to reduce it from 4096 downto 32 or lower, im clicking the damn minus (-) button, but its slow as hell, even on my fast computer. There must be another way to do this, not necessary optimize the code, but perhaps another way of doing this that doesnt mess up the game too much. I suspect it is slow because it is loading in data on the current position as I am trying to lower it. When I press the minus key, I want it to store that, not force me to press it twice, three or 6 times for it to record it. I don't think the game buffers plus and minus keypresses. Perhaps create a buffer for these two keys, and record 10 key strokes in it? I would also like that when using the time compression, have it take effect perhaps after a second or 500 milliseconds, so that key presses get recorded before it tries to do heavy stuff after that.

Also, (I have so many wishes here, I don't expect them to be fixed, but I lay them out here, just to be considered)... If there is a way to release memory for data that is not needed, perhaps when you are in the conning tower, there might be data in ram that is not needed when you are inside the uboat, and then unload that data. Try to find something that takes up alot of memory and see if it really is needed in specific situations. Or anything else that improves memory handling in this game.

Last edited by DelphiUniverse; 08-17-12 at 09:53 PM.
DelphiUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 09:46 PM   #892
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I wonder if the co2 bug has something to do with the ingame difficulty options ? I have always played on 100% and have never had the bug . I cannot enable the co2 patch because the co2 stays at 0% while submerged , but i dont heed it enabled anyway . Just some info .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 09:53 PM   #893
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiUniverse View Post
I would also like to see the game become more responsive when using time compression, some times it is just slow as hell when trying to reduce it from 4096 downto 32 or lower, im clicking the damn minus (-) button, but its slow as hell, even on my fast computer. There must be another way to do this, not necessary optimize the code, but perhaps another way of doing this that doesnt mess up the game too much.
Try the ENTER key......
Old 08-17-12, 09:54 PM   #894
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I wonder if the co2 bug has something to do with the ingame difficulty options ? I have always played on 100% and have never had the bug . I cannot enable the co2 patch because the co2 stays at 0% while submerged , but i dont heed it enabled anyway . Just some info .
It it stays at 0% then you must not have enabled both patches (SHsim and SH5.exe) for the CO2 fix
Old 08-17-12, 10:05 PM   #895
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
It it stays at 0% then you must not have enabled both patches (SHsim and SH5.exe) for the CO2 fix
I did check them this time . All True forr every patch . I will try a new campaign and see what happens . Prove me wrong in Dbgview then , seriously is there someway that Dbgview could check to see if these patches are working in real time in the game ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 08-17-12 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-17-12, 10:20 PM   #896
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Now I'm going to add an increase in CO2 production when battlestations is active
Co2 Gen is already to high. The Type-VII had the ability to stay submerged doing 2 - 3 knts for 36 hrs. Not sure if time limit was Battery Drain or Co2 buid up.

Not sure if I remeber this correctly. Once Co2 level pass a concentration of 15%, people begin falling to sleep or passing out. Death can occur at 20% Co2 saturation.
In game, you are lucky if you get 8 - 9 hours before alarms start going off.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 10:24 PM   #897
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Co2 Gen is already to high. The Type-VII had the ability to stay submerged doing 2 - 3 knts for 36 hrs. Not sure if time limit was Battery Drain or Co2 buid up.

Not sure if I remeber this correctly. Once Co2 level pass a concentration of 15%, people begin falling to sleep or passing out. Death can occur at 20% Co2 saturation.
You get a warning icon 10% CO2 . I Surface before that , maybe thats why i never get the co2 bug . I dunno .
Old 08-17-12, 10:47 PM   #898
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
You get a warning icon 10% CO2 . I Surface before that , maybe thats why i never get the co2 bug . I dunno .
I only experience the Co2 not Purging Bug when surfaced if I have used Time Compression higher then 2048.
I try to limit time compression to no more then 1024. Normally I use time compression of 256.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 10:51 PM   #899
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
I only experience the Co2 not Purging Bug when surfaced if I have used Time Compression higher then 2048.
I try to limit time compression to no more then 1024. Normally I use time compression of 256.
Well TC is the culprit then , i never go over 256TC .
Old 08-17-12, 11:07 PM   #900
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

I can change those setpoints. There are actually three setpoints the game uses. I'll have to look in the exe again to get the values. I know two of them are 0.89 and 0.99 the third is before those.

I can change the CO2 rate also. I know where all these variables are. Tell me what the CO2 rate should be and I'll make changes.