Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-23-11, 11:31 AM   #76
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1480 View Post
It's a sad state of affairs when polls sway opinions rather than do what they were ideally meant for, show what people think.

It is because people look toward poll results as a tool to form their own opinions or to be more accurate to validate their opinions.

Every notice that a poll that disagrees with MY opinion is flawed somehow but those polls that agree with my opinion reflect the people's true feelings.

Weird huh?

Like August said, there is only one poll that really matters and that is on the second Tuesday in November and according to the history of that poll about 50% of the people really don't care one way or the other.
Old 12-23-11, 02:24 PM   #77
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
It is because people look toward poll results as a tool to form their own opinions or to be more accurate to validate their opinions.

Every notice that a poll that disagrees with MY opinion is flawed somehow but those polls that agree with my opinion reflect the people's true feelings.

Weird huh?

Like August said, there is only one poll that really matters and that is on the second Tuesday in November and according to the history of that poll about 50% of the people really don't care one way or the other.
No, it's fun to just disagree with you

Using the state of Illinois as a credible vetting body is like using Natalie Wood as a swimming instructor.

Not knowing if this last November elections are a barometer for the electorate's opinion.

And the both of you are correct once it comes to the election.

1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:39 PM   #78
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Iowa bump.

I made not agree with the Republican candidates on a lot of things but I do agree with Gingrich when he says that attack ads "clutters the ability of the American people to have an adult conversation"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16400081
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 08:07 AM   #79
Osmium Steele
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 22

Now it is official. Obama is done. The ultimate authority has spoken, through the Brujo Mayor.

Quote:
Mexico's Grand Warlock predicted US President Barack Obama would fail to win re-election and two more Latin American leaders would be diagnosed with cancer, in a traditional New Year's forecast Tuesday.
SOURCE

My U297 build thread
Osmium Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 04:24 PM   #80
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

/thread
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote