SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-06, 02:34 AM   #76
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

The forthcomming Pacific Storm: Allies brings hit location model for each unit with a hit to a specific place will cause certain damage to unit's - both planers and ships and equipment placed within. Although, the flight model will stay simplified to make the game availible for unskilled virtual pilots.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 03:19 PM   #77
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 1
Default Mission Editor Updated

Updated! The Pacific Storm mission editor. 1.0 MB

Get it at-
http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/ps.html

Build 790. Install over top of your existing version. Existing missions will be saved.

Bug Fixes-
1. Fixed map zoom indication. Text box width was too small to hold zoom values less than 1.
2. Fixed problem where a selected unit showed through the right panel.
3. Cleanup and correction of FILESYSTEMOBJECT code.
4. *Hopefully* have eliminated the problem where all ships suddenly go underwater.
5. Further tweaks to insure the combo boxes can't be typed over.
6. Added error check to validate game save file path to correct file path error.
7. Fixed problem where Unit Data box was not updated when changing unit speed, elevation, altitude.
8. Fixed mis-information in Help window and hotkeys.txt file.
9. Fixed non-functioning Edit Carrier Air Squads toolbar item.
10. Fixed problem with show/hide unit names toggle where names remained on.

Additions-
1. Added new toolbar menu items.
2. Added 3 new save options when creating OEModifications file to allow equipping units for different war eras.
3. Added convenient map zoomin/zoomout buttons to right panel.

Notes-
1. Unit serial numbers have been renamed in a slightly different format to fix the underwater ships problem. In the new system, unit u100 will now have a serial number of _u100. PSMissions will make the conversion for you for any existing mission .WAR files. For hand coded script files (.LUX files), you will have to make the change manually.
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 03:26 PM   #78
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

You can now create an OEModifications file for your custom mission for a specific war era. Units will be equipped for that era.

3 choices:

1. Early war.
2. 1943.
3. 1945.

Create the file, then save it to the game's \units folder. Then run your mission.
Old 11-16-06, 06:31 PM   #79
KiloAlpha4
Loader

Downloads: 0

also note V1.3 patch info available here http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22953
KiloAlpha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-06, 01:10 PM   #80
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

Two more mission editor bugs fixed.

Build 791 of the editor is available.

http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/ps.html

Build 791. Full install. Install over top of your existing version. Existing missions will be saved.

Bug Fixes-
1. Fixed unit serial number conversion problem, converting carrier air squadron serial numbers.
2. Fixed initial submarine depth problem where all subs were set to 0 meters depth.

Note-
1. Subs will always start at 0 meters depth, but will dive to the value you specify when the mission starts.

TT
Old 11-28-06, 10:38 AM   #81
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

Default New Models

New models coming for PS Allies, HMS Hood and Bismark.

Shots-
http://pacificstorm.net/en/art4.php
http://pacificstorm.net/en/art3.php

Spectacular!

TT
Old 12-14-06, 11:01 AM   #82
Hunter
Commander

Lesta Studio, CDV and Buka Entertainment announce the first multilanguage update for international release of Pacific Storm. The patch updates stock game to 1.3 version, bringing a number of improvements and fixes. Download link is availible from www.pacificstorm.net
Old 12-20-06, 09:15 AM   #83
Apeboy
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Lesta Studio, CDV and Buka Entertainment announce the first multilanguage update for international release of Pacific Storm. The patch updates stock game to 1.3 version, bringing a number of improvements and fixes. Download link is availible from www.pacificstorm.net
Hunter,

While the patch is welcome, until the unwieldly beast that is the PS strategy game is tamed I'm afraid PS isn't much more than a tactical battle game, at best. There is no sane way to organize units, bases or production, not to mention transportation of between them.
Apeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 03:44 PM   #84
timetraveller
Beach Leaf

Nice Gamezone preview of Allies.

http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/p29323.htm

TT
Old 03-10-07, 12:52 AM   #85
KiloAlpha4
Loader

http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2103

screens and information from the allies beta english testing
Old 03-10-07, 12:18 PM   #86
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
isnt this game chock full of bugs? and what is the AI like?
I bought PS and enjoyed as much as a visit to the dentist. Don't know if the Allied version is better but the developer pissed me off with starting a sequel even before the game was out. It's a pity as the game had lots of potential

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 03:14 AM   #87
Hunter
Commander

Quote:
Don't know if the Allied version
Shure it is, since there much more things being done besides originalgame even patched up to 1.3
Old 03-23-07, 02:58 AM   #88
KiloAlpha4
Loader

Quote:
I bought PS and enjoyed as much as a visit to the dentist.
....ps still didn't have as many bugs as the sh3 release did so kind of the pot calling the kettle black deal there ..and don't even start me on the AI... I do miss the torpedo missiles though in SH3 bet they are still in there so no game is perfect

lol alot of peeps have the add ons completed even before the first game is out rofl...don't see what the big beef is myself

Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 03-23-07 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-26-07, 09:11 AM   #89
KiloAlpha4
Loader

there is a 1.4 maintenance patch otw for pacific storm. Issues the patch addresses: 1. The problem I ran into with ammo is that my fighters say they have no ammo but when I send them into battle and I take over in tactical mode I do have plenty of ammo on board. Not sure why on the info screen it says they have none. 2. The game often crashes to the desktop when A. switching from the tactical to strategic level B. at random in the tactical level 3. surface fired missiles do not function, SAMs do not fire from ships and SAM launchers do not appear on bases. Furthermore ships are usually armed with a random assortment of SAMs instead of those loaded on them. Cruise missiles disappear when ordered to fire from V1 launchers and no explosion occurs at the target nor is damage done. V2 launchers do not even appear at the tactical level. 4. P-38s plow into the water or land after dropping bombs when dive-bombing. 5. American AP 400 AB and AP 640 AB bombs do virtually no damage to ships when dropped from dive-bombers. 6. When ordered to attack ground, B-17s and B-24s often do not drop any of their bombs. 7. Planes are frequently destroyed in mid-air collisions after retreating from battle. In the cases an enemy fighter will be flying near where my units retreated and then it will explode and catch fire while debris from up to four of my aircraft suddenly appears and falls to earth and then game alerts me that several of my units have been destroyed. 8. The snorkel technology has no effect on submarine performance. 9. Multiplayer mode: in the battle planner players can only change their team number once, after that the menu isn´t working anymore 10. Multiplayer mode: in the battle planner players are not able to allocate units to the AI. In the flight simulator mode it works. 11. Multiplayer mode: if you remove the last AI and you click on "ready", the mission starts immediately and you have won, because the other player has no units 12. glitch Playing as Japan about 5 months into a free campaign. I am patched to v1.3.1604. I produce about 10,000 tons of ammo. It only is being produced in Tokyo and as soon as it is produced it has evaporated to just a little over 1,000 tons. The ENTIRE ammo stock at every base has become 0 and I haven't used any of it. I am managing the bases myself. I try to save it by loading it to a transport. So when I need to supply a new division, I unload it. I click on the display message to notify me immediately as soon as it is unloaded. In just that short time there is now only remaining just over 400 tons, and I haven't even gotten a chance to supply my new division yet! (It still has 0 ammo.) This is far too expensive. There are no other units at the base. 13. There is still a problem with the dive bombers: bombers of the American side don´t shoot their bombs, the Japanese do. This problem only occurs while playing the American side. When the AI plays Amrican they shoot their bombs. 14. More aggressive and powerfully AI. should give a small taste of Allies to ya's
Old 03-27-07, 08:31 AM   #90
Apeboy
Watch

How has the strat game changed other than the addition of supply routes?

Can you decomission ships that aren't worth upgrading?

How has the ability to manage your fleets/bases changed?

Can you see a overall picture at a glance of what your country is spending vs. income?

Can you view your fleets, armies and air forces in a sane way? In PA you just got a list of ships without options of display by fleet.
Apeboy is offline   Reply With Quote