Old 08-11-10, 07:52 PM   #76
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Howyagoin mate , whats doin .
Iam fine thank you, and the like to you i hope?
Old 08-11-10, 09:54 PM   #77
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
He was agreeing with you that we should not confuse things that are not the same and then expanded upon it. Why the ?
No, he was right. As I see it his use of the language is incorrect, and is done only to sound fancy, which is fine as well as none of my business except ninety percent of the time what he says makes no sense to me at all, and from the responses I'm not alone. In my opinion the erudition is fake and covers the fact that a lot of the time nothing has been said at all. And if you check a dictionary and thesarus, he's not very good at it.

Anyone can speak any way they desire, but if people don't understand it you can't complain if they say so, or if they have fun with it.
Old 08-12-10, 02:27 AM   #78
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post
Did I mention wolfpacks?
lmao ssshhh - im gulity of that as well and AoD
Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:14 AM   #79
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
As I see it his use of the language is incorrect, and is done only to sound fancy if you check a dictionary and thesarus, he's not very good at it.

Anyone can speak any way they desire, but if people don't understand it you can't complain if they say so, or if they have fun with it.
Sir, Your comments, do indeed cheer me. Let me draw satisfaction to tell you, not once do i profess to use language correct nor do i check thesarus. (Like some) Such a practise in my opinion is not in the strongest manner, nor need i "fear" to loose my natural combine (use of words) over you, by thus improving ones native abilities. You will learn i serve to nit pick, and perhaps as a lone untitled man with some advantages of acquired learning, leaves one open for grand acts of unwarranted verbal drama. I have knowledge, discipline, eye for detail, and most importantly manners and respect, if you preserve goodness, decency of manners, you will have an advantage over the aggressor, and maintain dignity of character, my learner friend. I therefore insist you look back at my posts herein this thread, and think it proper to remark i held my own like a gentleman and have taken no step as yet, to second a thunderous response with my 2 gun battery. You should blush at your own degeneracy of manners sir. I have no occasion to urge it further. If certain members feel it upon themselves to attack personally, my style, with unprovoked words of commentry, then as i have stated in the past, i shall advance my stance, and bring fourth a sound dressing down which will require the aggressors utmost of verbal talent to bring them about, at least with some honor. I shall make public demonstration of doing so. I have no quarrel, you persist in pushing these posts at my expense, i beg of you to spend your powder in another direction, and ask you govern and control your self. thank you. One must however, not withstanding anymore hinderance, and minor obstacles carry on. Good Day.
Old 08-13-10, 12:03 PM   #80
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81

Wow, i wish i had 4Para and Sailor Steve aboard my u-boat during those long and tedious patrols !

The watch officer and the XO provided with SH5 are really poor at it !
Old 08-13-10, 12:22 PM   #81
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-Rommel View Post
Wow, i wish i had 4Para and Sailor Steve aboard my u-boat during those long and tedious patrols !

The watch officer and the XO provided with SH5 are really poor at it !

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
McBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 12:54 PM   #82
flatsixes
Weps

Downloads: 8

Quote:
I have no occasion to urge it further. If certain members feel it upon themselves to attack personally, my style, with unprovoked words of commentry, then as i have stated in the past, i shall advance my stance, and bring fourth a sound dressing down which will require the aggressors utmost of verbal talent to bring them about, at least with some honor. I shall make public demonstration of doing so. I have no quarrel, you persist in pushing these posts at my expense, i beg of you to spend your powder in another direction, and ask you govern and control your self. thank you. One must however, not withstanding anymore hinderance, and minor obstacles carry on.
Sailor Steve has got a point. At my law firm we use the “Baloney-B-Gone 8300” surplusage detector to whittle away attorney overrun (because nothing will annoy a judge faster than wasting his time with unnecessary blather). Before I ran the above-quoted text through the detector I was careful to set the unit on “style shredder,” one notch below the maximum “full auto delete.” Nevertheless, the B-B-G 8300 got so overheated that it blasted through the roof in a pillar of fire hundreds of feet high, spun around a couple of times, and landed on the multi-purpose orphanage/animal shelter next door, burning it to the ground and causing an outbreak of weekend pro bono work. To make matters worse, the blast was picked up by a spy satellite that had been placed geosynchronous orbit over the office by the managing partner to keep track of which associates were not putting in their full 38 hour day, and which, unfortunately, someone with a grudge against Consolidated Polluters International (a firm client) had hacked into so that all the pictures got downloaded to Wiki Leaks and published in the New York Times. So now outside we’ve got PETA and Global Warming, Inc., camped on the front steps threatening to sue us for melting the ice caps and killing baby polar bears and inside Al Gore’s eaten everything in the break room, including the entire vending machine. Of course, we’re filing suit against the manufacturer of the B-B-G 8300, and they’re counter-suing for wanton and reckless endangerment of the planet and pain and suffering, including, mental anguish. So, like I said, Sailor Steve has got a point. But I've since forgotten what it was.

Happy Friday, peoples.

Last edited by flatsixes; 08-13-10 at 01:12 PM.
flatsixes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 02:55 PM   #83
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100

^^ Now that's comedy.
krashkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 04:37 PM   #84
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
No, he was right. As I see it his use of the language is incorrect, and is done only to sound fancy, which is fine as well as none of my business except ninety percent of the time what he says makes no sense to me at all, and from the responses I'm not alone. In my opinion the erudition is fake and covers the fact that a lot of the time nothing has been said at all. And if you check a dictionary and thesarus, he's not very good at it.

I've just watched 'The Last Airbender', a film in which the characters control the elements of Earth, Air, Water and Fire with the power of their minds and their chi energy (it's a bit of a kitbash story). The plot is centred around the fire nation, a nation of fire benders, who seek mastery over the other three bending factions. I won't give any plot spoilers away, but it's about the whole fight thing.

Characters in the film have mastery over the various aforementioned elements and can 'bend' them to their will in order to fight opponents and to be born as a bender is quite rare (I think, had trouble following the film that closely).

So, it struck me that 4Para was merely bending the words to his will and his unorthodox use of grammar and spelling is merely a consequence of this bending to his will. 4Para is possibly the last word bender on the forum, I have not seen anyone else with his bending ability. I hope not to be sued by Mr M. Night Shyamalan for this comparison. Perhaps he is a bender of the fifth kind?

No matter what is said in response, 4Para will always be a true bender in my eyes. He truly is a bender with great potential .
Old 08-13-10, 04:47 PM   #85
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
No matter what is said in response, 4Para will always be a true bender in my eyes. He truly is a bender with great potential .
maybe he should run for a seat in the US Senate or House of Reps.....
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 05:06 PM   #86
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Come on guys, let's not single people in this manner. We're all better than this.

The Management
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 05:16 PM   #87
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

The para is not so long as we can say, 'This is the para'.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:36 PM   #88
scratch81
Soundman

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashkart View Post
^^ Now that's comedy.
I like the part where he said Sailor Steve had a point. thats classic.

[Eat at Bob's Brain Shack]
scratch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 09:07 PM   #89
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Ah, I believe that 4Para is simply adapting quotes from Shakespeare to make his posts, I recognize a good bit of it.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 10:11 PM   #90
SurfnSea
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 10

I, for one, enjoy what 4Para posts. I think it's funnier than h***. Have fun and enjoy when you come here; there is plenty in the real world to get our panties in a bunch. I enjoy the personality he adds to the forums.
SurfnSea is offline   Reply With Quote