Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Old 03-17-20, 07:53 AM   #8927
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I am not inclined to vote for Biden, much as I did not vote for either Party's candidate in 2016, but I am very certain now that if the only means to keep the Human Sphincter that is Trump out of the Oval Office and prevent him for and his lackey minions doing further damage to the USA, I will gladly vote for Biden; I may not like Biden, but at his worst, he's a damn sight better than the current Chump-In-Chief...
I am going to respectfully disagree. As bad as you think Trump is and I am not a fan, Joe Biden represents a giant step backwards for the USA. He, like Hillary is the picture perfect example of political cronyism. His singular claim to fame is being the number 2 guy in a failed administration. What can you expect from him? One example.

In the recent debate with Sanders, Biden sent a clear signal that he wants to return to the Obama era war on the US petroleum industry by saying he will ban fracking. Biden, who has learned how to virtue signal with the best of them has the same unrealistic goals as Bernie Sanders in forfeiting American energy independence, and restoring power to OPEC for the foreseeable future. Is that good policy?

Everything about Biden is wrong and is a clear indication that the Democrat Party is out of ideas. If Biden is the eventual nominee the DNC's last two candidates for President show a party that is steeped in cronyism and living in the past. They should start now to find a reasonable candidate for 2024.

Trump may be orange man bad but Biden is old man living in the past bad.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 03-17-20, 11:04 AM   #8928
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

Everything about Biden is wrong and is a clear indication that the Democrat Party is out of ideas. If Biden is the eventual nominee the DNC's last two candidates for President show a party that is steeped in cronyism and living in the past. They should start now to find a reasonable candidate for 2024.
[/B]
Good call u crank

Everything is wrong from abortions to guns to open borders to health care ...

It's almost like the democrats don't even believe in that stuff they spout themselves they just want votes from the people that do believe in the
dream they propose and then after they get in office they will blame the US Senate for not letting them have what they want.

If they get in anyway ... which they won't
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-17-20, 12:28 PM   #8929
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The u.s. has oil independence already without fracking and without OPEC.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-17-20, 03:01 PM   #8930
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
... without fracking ...
Per the FAQ's: 'do not use language U wouldnt use in front of your mother'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-17-20, 03:27 PM   #8931
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

What is truly astonishing here is not the fact there is a bug running amok over the planet but the very idea that China let a bug out without much recourse for doing so. Countries play with bugs of all sorts. It is called biological warfare. We here in the US have our bugs but seem to contain them better then say China. What does this teach us about China? The US depends on China for much of the products purchased in the US. I would hope the dependence on China for goods is reduced in great numbers. How can we sit idle while China manufactures 80% of the antibiotics globally? How can we sit idle as China manufactures fillers for blood pressure medications(as well as others) that are found to be carcinogenic? These same fillers shipped around the world for other countries to use as fillers for their manufactured medications. I think the Trump administration that has taken a long look at China already will now look deeper into this growing problem.
Old 03-17-20, 03:57 PM   #8932
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I am going to respectfully disagree. As bad as you think Trump is and I am not a fan, Joe Biden represents a giant step backwards for the USA. He, like Hillary is the picture perfect example of political cronyism. His singular claim to fame is being the number 2 guy in a failed administration. What can you expect from him? One example.

In the recent debate with Sanders, Biden sent a clear signal that he wants to return to the Obama era war on the US petroleum industry by saying he will ban fracking. Biden, who has learned how to virtue signal with the best of them has the same unrealistic goals as Bernie Sanders in forfeiting American energy independence, and restoring power to OPEC for the foreseeable future. Is that good policy?

Trump may be orange man bad but Biden is old man living in the past bad.
Banning fracking would be a real mistake, our economy would suffer and we would be dependent on foreign oil again.

The most disturbing thing about Biden is how he's frothing at the mouth to repeal the PLCAA,

Quote:
Biden’s end goal is ultimately to repeal the 2005 PLCAA. This law, passed with overwhelming bipartisan support and signed by President George W. Bush, ended the politically driven lawsuits aimed at bankrupting the firearms industry. Biden and Sanders want to revive the tactic as they pursue the White House, and they’re using disproven and false claims to make their case.

The PLCAA stopped a series of “public nuisance” lawsuits by activist mayors in big cities against firearms manufacturers over the crimes committed by individuals. That law doesn’t grant immunity, but it prevents others from shifting the blame from criminals to a manufacturer. The firearms manufacturer is no more liable for the crime committed by an individual than Home Depot would be if someone committed murder with a hammer. The PLCAA does nothing more than defend an industry that has been targeted by a series of baseless, politically motivated lawsuits.

Yet Biden still falsely claims that this gives firearms manufacturers blanket immunity. Both manufacturers and firearms retailers can be, and are, held responsible for harm caused by defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, or other actions for which they are directly responsible, the same as any other product manufacturer.
And saying he is bringing Beto the fool on-board to push for pointless gun legislation is the cherry on top. Nov is looking more and more like 2016.
Old 03-17-20, 06:47 PM   #8933
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Another question to my American friends, especially those who have knowledge about the American election and its laws.

The following is copied from a Danish news paper and translated via google.
(There isn't any link to some English version)

Is it correct what this Danish journalist have written ?

"In the shadow of the Corona crisis, new Democratic primary elections are being held today to find Donald Trump's challenger. However, with a crippling national health crisis, the president has the opportunity - fully legally - to secure another four years on the post in a special maneuver where the right to vote is suspended."

Can he use this Corona crisis to sit additional four years without any election ?

Markus
Old 03-17-20, 06:48 PM   #8934
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Can he use this Corona crisis to sit additional four years without any election ?

Markus

No, not possible.
August is online  
Old 03-17-20, 06:52 PM   #8935
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
At Sunday night’s debate, Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden blatantly lied to the American public about the Trump administration’s handling of coronavirus testing in a pathetic attempt to push the false narrative that a lack of testing has endangered Americans. “The World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they had available and to give it to us now,” Biden proclaimed.” “We refused it. We didn’t want to buy them,” the Democratic front-runner claimed.
Biden’s claim was false on many fronts and had previously been debunked on at least two occasions.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17...rump-look-bad/
August is online  
Old 03-17-20, 07:18 PM   #8936
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

“The World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they had available and to give it to us now,” Biden proclaimed.” “We refused it. We didn’t want to buy them,” the Democratic front-runner claimed.
Biden’s claim was false on many fronts and had previously been debunked on at least two occasions.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17...rump-look-bad/
Just like all of the other lies especially on prime time debates once they are out there you can't get them back. Both sides are guilty, but of course Biden's is the latest and is political and it hurts
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-17-20, 07:35 PM   #8937
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Just like all of the other lies especially on prime time debates once they are out there you can't get them back. Both sides are guilty, but of course Biden's is the latest and is political and it hurts
Only 250,000 to go to catch up to the Republican leader.

I'm going to vote for the first one that just shuts up!

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-17-20, 07:55 PM   #8938
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Only 250,000 to go to catch up to the Republican leader.

I'm going to vote for the first one that just shuts up!
I'll go along with that.
Old 03-17-20, 08:05 PM   #8939
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Another question to my American friends, especially those who have knowledge about the American election and its laws.

"In the shadow of the Corona crisis, new Democratic primary elections are being held today to find Donald Trump's challenger. However, with a crippling national health crisis, the president has the opportunity - fully legally - to secure another four years on the post in a special maneuver where the right to vote is suspended."

Markus

In case this was missed:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=8889

<O>
Old 03-17-20, 11:53 PM   #8940
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:

Markus
Hell, we held a Presidential election during the civil war, I don't think a flu bug is going to disrupt this one.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter