SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-12, 09:32 AM   #871
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
I understand that accidents happen, but in such cases a box could pop up asking you if you were sure you wanted to switch to impact/magnetic. Or this could be handled through the XO dialog by a adding a line. I think it would be a good addition to realism.
I was thinking of that, and I would avoid the yes no dialog. I would add a metal lock switch, like you have on a gun, you have to unlock the safety before you can shoot. Put such a metal pin on the switch.

The process is this, 1: Click the metal pin to unlock the magnetic switcher
2: Then change to magnetic or impact.
3: Then manually click the lock-pin again to lock it.

If you have a convoy coming and you are preparing 4 torpedos, its redundant to have 4 yes/no dialogs popping up, its better to have a lock on the switcher. You only need to unlock it once and then you can work on all torpedos, then lock the switcher afterwards.
Old 08-16-12, 09:47 AM   #872
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

That sounds good to me!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:59 AM   #873
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125

I'm not sure what the hotkey is for changing to magnetic/impact but, if the lock pin is locked and you press the hotkey, it should unlock the pin on the first key press, if its not locked it should change to magnetic or impact. So that the hotkey doesnt override the pin lock. if its locked you need to press hotkey twice, if not, only once. Locking must be done manually with the mouse or a unique hotkey.

If this pin thing is not an attractive thing, you could also allow to set all torpedo settings and then have some sort of "apply" button when you are satisfied so that torpedo settings doesnt take effect immediately.

You could also use a circular lock button with a red/green color if a pin is not attractive. Or even put a 10 second delay after you have changed to impact, so that if you accidentially click the switcher, you have 10 seconds to switch it back before it takes effect.
Old 08-16-12, 11:55 AM   #874
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Here is a new SHSim patch file for testing new sub on bottom work: http://www.mediafire.com/?19niodpc6fa5svu

Disable all old patches first (for SHSim) before enabling this one. Let me know if it cures the depth greater than ordered problem
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 03:54 PM   #875
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.54.0 released. See post #1

New: No crew spotting when submerged. Does just what it says. When you raise a scope up no longer will you hear aircraft spotted or ship spotted

Revised: Sub on bottom. Problem with taking depth greater than ordered depth should be fixed.

Working on the CO2 problem now when surfaced and hatch is open (CO2 not resetting sometimes).

NOTE: You need clean, unmodifed (i.e. stock) files for SH5.exe, SHCollisions.act, and SHSim.act. Not using stock files will result in CTD!
Old 08-16-12, 04:00 PM   #876
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

I've just tested new fix.
VIIA - ok
VIIB - ok
VIIC - ok
All subs dive to the depth ordered in cfg-file

Thank you sir!

EDIT: Wow.. And thank you for the new patcher.

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 10:01 PM   #877
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Look at this gold mine of information I found (had the game write this info to a file):

Silent Hunter 5
DamageZone - Compartment mapping information
Submarine: NSS_Uboat7c

Unmapped unit parts:
Compartment without damage zone: Damage Control Team
Compartment without damage zone: Flak Room
Equipment slot without damage zone: After Torpedo Room Bulkhead
Equipment slot without damage zone: AFT DIVE PLANES
Equipment slot without damage zone: RUDDER TRANSMISSION
Equipment slot without damage zone: Starboard Rudders Transmission
Equipment slot without damage zone: PROPELLER SHAFTS
Equipment slot without damage zone: Starboard Propeller Shaft
Equipment slot without damage zone: TORPEDO CONTROL
Equipment slot without damage zone: ATTACK PERISCOPE
Equipment slot without damage zone: OBSERVATION PERISCOPE
Equipment slot without damage zone: RADAR
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radar Warning Receiver
Equipment slot without damage zone: FORE DIVE PLANES
Equipment slot without damage zone: HYDROPHONE RECEIVERS
Equipment slot without damage zone: HYDROPHONE RECEIVERS
Equipment slot without damage zone: Submarine Coating
Equipment slot without damage zone: Conning Emblem
Equipment slot without damage zone: PERISCOPE HEADS
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radio Antenna
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radar Warning Antenna
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radar Antenna
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radar Antenna
Equipment slot without damage zone: Radar Warning Antenna
Weapon slot without damage zone: TORPEDO TUBE V
Weapon slot without damage zone: TORPEDO TUBE I
Weapon slot without damage zone: TORPEDO TUBE II
Weapon slot without damage zone: TORPEDO TUBE III
Weapon slot without damage zone: TORPEDO TUBE IV
Weapon slot without damage zone: DECK GUN
Weapon slot without damage zone: LIGHT FLAK
End of unmapped unit parts

Damage zone mapping:
DZ 021 : mapped
DZ 022 : mapped
DZ 023 : mapped
DZ 024 : mapped
DZ 025 : mapped
DZ 030 : mapped
DZ 031 : mapped
DZ 043 : mapped
DZ 049 : mapped
DZ 050 : mapped
DZ 053 : mapped
DZ 055 : mapped
DZ 056 : mapped
DZ 057 : mapped
DZ 059 : mapped
DZ 104 : !UNMAPPED!
DZ 138 : mapped
DZ 192 : mapped
DZ 204 : mapped
DZ 206 : mapped
DZ 207 : mapped
DZ 208 : mapped
End of damage zone mapping

There are 'tools' hidden with the exe that are disabled! I wondered why certain things on the subs never got damaged

Now to figure out how to use this information. I'm assuming this information can be found in the .upc and .upcge files?

I'm going to make a patch that will allow you all to 'get' this information also. This will allow others to try and fix the problems it mentions.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-16-12 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-17-12, 01:43 AM   #878
Kevin_Rissell
Watch

Downloads: 383
Default Fantastic work.... Amazing... A small request...

TDW

I look forward to each new discovery, and version. It's the first thing I look for. Using latest .54 now, except crew still notifies me about "A Task Force" being in sight every time the sonar man hears another/new contact.

Can you make the XO shut the hell up? He has to tell me so many times about a task force that I think he's gonna wet himself or something... Between that and all of the "smoke on the horizon" notices, I've gone through 3 sets of headphones! (They tend to break when thrown across the room...) Not to mention looking like I've had one to many DC's too close to my skull.....

Just asking.... Hate the XO...
Kevin_Rissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 02:54 AM   #879
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v1.0.54.0 released. See post #1
Many thx for new version TDW!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-17-12, 03:50 AM   #880
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There are 'tools' hidden with the exe that are disabled! I wondered why certain things on the subs never got damaged

Now to figure out how to use this information. I'm assuming this information can be found in the .upc and .upcge files?

I'm going to make a patch that will allow you all to 'get' this information also. This will allow others to try and fix the problems it mentions.
I think that the Equipment Items that are not getting damaged are not defined / initialized in the data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc file.

Also maybe some name specified in data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc are not correct for SH5.

Since you are able to pull this info from the EXE, I would like to work with you on this issue.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 08:04 AM   #881
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I think that the Equipment Items that are not getting damaged are not defined / initialized in the data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc file.

Also maybe some name specified in data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc are not correct for SH5.

Since you are able to pull this info from the EXE, I would like to work with you on this issue.

Regards!
TheBeast
I found most of them in the sub's .upc and .upcge files. Just because I found them doesn't mean I understand how to fix them though

Let's take a look at one of them:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 6]
ID= EqSlot14
NameDisplayable= Starboard Propeller Shaft
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, EqpPropellerShaft
ExternalNodeName3D= NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D= 68

I'm assuming that the dump file says that this entry has no damage zone defined because ExternalNodeName3D is NULL? That's the only thing that stands out when I compare it to other entries that are not in the dump list

The .upc and .upcge files I still don't fully understand. There really is nothing that one can read that tells you how these are used or why they are needed. I saw that SH4 was the first to start using these but I shelved SH4 within 10 mins of playing and have never done anything else with it since.
Old 08-17-12, 08:11 AM   #882
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Rissell View Post
TDW

I look forward to each new discovery, and version. It's the first thing I look for. Using latest .54 now, except crew still notifies me about "A Task Force" being in sight every time the sonar man hears another/new contact.

Can you make the XO shut the hell up? He has to tell me so many times about a task force that I think he's gonna wet himself or something... Between that and all of the "smoke on the horizon" notices, I've gone through 3 sets of headphones! (They tend to break when thrown across the room...) Not to mention looking like I've had one to many DC's too close to my skull.....

Just asking.... Hate the XO...
The new patch in .54 only shuts up the crew from detecting surface and air contacts when you raise a periscope. It still allows the sonarman to do his job though as you have seen. I know where in the exe it plays all these messages you speak of but instead of making a patch for it why don't you delete the sound files for these? Then you never ever have to hear them You can find them in \data\Sound\Speech
Old 08-17-12, 08:55 AM   #883
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Concerning the sub damage zones etc... I guess many have noticed that there is a bug with damage repairs. When sub takes damage, the steam and water effects start to run. But when the damage is repaired, still some of the damage effects continue. Weeks can go by, and they just never stop, you have to reload the game to make them go away. With repair sounds mods activated, this is pretty annoying as the crew is shouting and banging hammers eventhough all is fixed days ago!

I was just wondering could this bug be connected with your recent findings, and could it be fixed? Last time the bug happened in the engine room, not sure if it's always there or not.

Still, the unstoppable repairs during silent running are my biggest annoyance!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 10:05 AM   #884
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Hello, this new version Generic Patcher v1.0.54.0, the fixes broken hydrophone station, does not work, I hear nothing in the hydrophone can look please?
someone also happens? I tried without mods, only the original game, if a mod was the cause, but does not work.
I looked with a hex editor and 0x197A4A instead of 74 the value is 90 that's where the fault?
Thank you.

Last edited by chun; 08-17-12 at 10:33 AM.
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 12:44 PM   #885
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
Hello, this new version Generic Patcher v1.0.54.0, the fixes broken hydrophone station, does not work, I hear nothing in the hydrophone can look please?
someone also happens? I tried without mods, only the original game, if a mod was the cause, but does not work.
I looked with a hex editor and 0x197A4A instead of 74 the value is 90 that's where the fault?
Thank you.
Explain what you mean by does not work You can't hear any sounds? You put the pointer over where a contact should be and nothing happens?