SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-21, 01:52 PM   #8761
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 06:43 PM   #8762
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Mortality rate continues to remain under 2% I see.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 06:49 PM   #8763
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Mortality rate continues to remain under 2% I see.
You don't care, I see.
Old 09-29-21, 07:34 PM   #8764
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 10:41 PM   #8765
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
You don't care, I see.
No I don't care to jump on the germaphobia bandwagon. When the mortality rate reaches the level of SARS or MERS I'll show a little more concern. Until then you're just "Whistling Dixie".
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 01:10 AM   #8766
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

We were all told we needed to get a vaccine back in 1976, too. What really surprises me about what is happening now is how quickly a large portion of the population went from being anti-"big pharma" to claiming they were our only hope for survival. I mean, surely they wouldn't simply be trying to profit off of us ... anymore ... would they?

NB: I am still not saying the vaccines don't work.
Old 09-30-21, 10:09 AM   #8767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A total of 191,771 people tested positive for Covid in England in the week to 22 September, a rise of 18% on the week before.

The UK's furlough scheme, which has helped pay the wages of 11.6 million workers, ends but some struggling sectors say it should go on.

The government announces a £500m Household Support Fund - grants for people facing difficulties with essentials like food and utility bills.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak says it "will provide a lifeline for those at risk of struggling to keep up with their bills over the winter"

Scotland's vaccine passport scheme starts tomorrow as planned after a judge refused a legal challenge from nightclubs seeking to delay it.

The volume of face-to-face GP consultations in England has changed little since the winter lockdown, latest data shows.

Just 58% patients were seen face-to-face in August, only slightly higher than in January - before the pandemic it was 80%

GCSE and A-level grades will be returned to pre-Covid levels over the next two years, the government says.

Old 09-30-21, 07:10 PM   #8768
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh oh the left’s worst nightmare a black man with an educated opinion.

Old 09-30-21, 09:20 PM   #8769
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Oh oh the left’s worst nightmare a black man with an educated opinion.
"Projection, the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds."
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 12:54 PM   #8770
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-01-21, 12:56 PM   #8771
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-01-21, 05:02 PM   #8772
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Has hand-made (=prof.) English subtitles.

Old 10-01-21, 05:27 PM   #8773
Skybird
Soaring

Again, English subtitles are build in.

Old 10-02-21, 08:25 AM   #8774
Skybird
Soaring

From Germany.

Quote:
19 months without a break: exhausted doctors and nurses also fight against their own anger. In the AZ interview, Dr. Thomas Felbinger, chief physician of the intensive care unit at Munich Clinic Neuperlach, on everyday hospital life.

Outside, life feels much more normal for most of the people. But in the clinics, doctors and nurses are still fighting day after day for the lives of seriously ill Covid patients. Thomas Felbinger, chief physician of the intensive care unit at Munich Clinic Neuperlach, sometimes feels anger and incomprehension.

AZ:
Dr. Felbinger, we are in the fourth wave. What is different about you in the intensive care unit today compared to previous waves?

Thomas Felbinger:
In percentage terms, we have a lot more difficult courses. We can no longer care for as many patients at the same time as in the first two waves. And the doctors and nurses are significantly more exhausted, the team has become smaller.

Why is that?:

Felbinger:
In the first and second waves we had a lot of volunteers - most of them have since left us and have returned to their original professions. And while we focused almost exclusively on Corona in the first wave and only dealt with emergencies, we are now trying to maintain normal operation in parallel and catch up on interventions that have been postponed. All of this without a break and relaxation.

And it is to be feared that the numbers will rise again in the cold season, right?:

Felbinger:
I am not an epidemiologist, but we fear that more unvaccinated people will be infected again when it gets colder and people move closer together in closed rooms.

What is the difference between the patients who are now in intensive care units and those who came in the first wave?

Felbinger:
Our patients are much younger today. Most of them are 45 to 60 years old, we don't even see older ones, as most of them are protected by a vaccination. Another thing is that the disease processes are very long.

Why are they longer?:

Felbinger:
That is due to the young age of the patients. They have more muscle strength and therefore often come to the clinic later. There they fight longer with the virus. And we about them.

Do pre-existing illnesses still play a major role?

Felbinger:
Obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes play a role in around half of them. But the others have no previous illnesses.

How long do your patients stay on average?

Felbinger:
Most of them ten to 14 weeks, they are ventilated invasively. Then there is the time in the normal ward and then a rehab.

Do you also have patients who, despite being vaccinated, have severe disease progression?

Felbinger:
No, we did not have a single breakthrough vaccination in any of the intensive care units at the Munich Clinic. Our patients are all unvaccinated.

And on the normal ward?

Felbinger:
We had about a quarter of our vaccination breakthroughs there. These are mostly patients who have to take drugs that suppress the immune system.

Do you sometimes feel incomprehensible or even angry when people become so seriously ill or even die, although a vaccination could have prevented that?

Felbinger:
I do not understand. And I also feel anger. Not against patients, but against vaccine opponents. We have a vaccine that clearly prevents a severe course.

Can you find out why your patients didn't go to the vaccination?

Felbinger:
Yes, we have already found out. There are many reasons. In the majority, fear of supposed side effects is the dominant factor. In part, it's also ignorance. In rare cases we also have anti-vaccination agents.

What were these patients afraid of?

Felbinger:
There is a persistent rumor among young women that the vaccination would make them sterile, which is nonsense. There is also a myth that vaccination could make young men impotent. That is also wrong. One can only appeal to everyone: get vaccinated! The benefit of the vaccination outweighs the risk many times over.
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/coro..._24295331.html
Old 10-02-21, 09:33 AM   #8775
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

https://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-Ne...ccination.aspx

Weaponizing a Virus and A Vaccine Against the People

This virus, which has a 99 percent survival rate, and this leaky vaccine, which fails to reliably prevent infection and transmission in the fully vaccinated, has racked up a record breaking more than half a million vaccine adverse event reports in the U.S. alone. It will not be the last virus and vaccine to be weaponized against the people in the name of the greater good.

That is because forced vaccination is the tip of the spear in a culture war that has been going on for much longer than the 40 years that I have been a vaccine safety and human rights activist publicly warning that this day would come. It is a war that will cause more suffering until enough of us refuse to be siloed and, instead, join together to change dangerous laws that abuse the trust and good will of the people.

Every single American, whether you have been vaccinated or not, should stop to reflect upon what is happening in our country. Think about what liberty means.

Imagine What Life Will Be Like in the Future

Imagine what life will be like in the future if you cannot leave your home without being harnessed to a government issued digital ID, which contains personal information about your body and your life, and is hooked up to an electronic surveillance system that records and controls every move you make.

Imagine if you are a health care worker and your medical license is taken from you for refusing to get a government mandated vaccine, which is a public health policy being implemented in Washington, DC, a city where doctors can now vaccinate children as young as 11 years old without the knowledge or consent of their parents.

Imagine if you cannot hold any type of job or enter a grocery store to buy food to feed your family, or enter a drug store, cafe, gym, school, cinema, museum, park or beach without showing proof you’ve been vaccinated.

Vaccine Injured
Imagine if you are denied entrance to a doctor’s office or lose your Medicare and social security benefits because you don’t have the vaccine passport, a suggestion made recently on national television.

Imagine if you cannot get on a plane or bus to visit your children or elderly parents because federal government officials have exercised authority over inter-state commerce and banned the unvaccinated from crossing state borders, an action that some proponents of forced vaccination are urging the current administration to invoke.

Imagine if you cannot get a driver’s license, file your taxes, open or access your bank account or use a credit card to make a purchase if you fail to produce the required vaccine paperwork stamped by the government.

Imagine if you or your child have already suffered a previous serious vaccine reaction or have an underlying inflammatory immune disorder that increases your risk for being harmed by vaccination, but doctors refuse to see you because you are unvaccinated - which is already happening in America – and you are denied admission to a hospital for a life saving operation.

… You, your children and grandchildren are the commodity, and in the name of the greater good, you are expected to obediently allow others to “reset” your lives in all kinds of ways without making a sound.

The government issued passport allowing you to function in society, is just the first step on the slippery slope to what will be many more requirements and restrictions on your freedom in the days, months and years to come.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan