SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-12, 04:56 PM   #8761
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
Sorry, I just realized the other thread about the topic... Although it was by accident...

Any news on the destroyed marks anyway?
Not yet. Haven't really looked into anything dealing with mods recently. I'm trying to get this new test version of the GR2 Editor/Viewer finished up
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 03:20 AM   #8762
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Ok, understood. That is more important, really. I will look into this problem on the trace I left off and let you know. I'll have to mess around with the captains log.py a bit to add debug messages, but well...

Thanks for your work again!

Die Geschichte lehrt die Menschen,
dass die Geschichte die Menschen nichts lehrt.
Gandhi
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 10:23 AM   #8763
Factor_X
Watch

Downloads: 136

Hello there,

I'm using the new UIs with the IO strategic map, and I can't see any visual and hydrophone map contacts.

I can see the the radio map contacts. But no visual and hydrophone contacts.
No map contacts in the TAI as well.

I've checked the options (in TAI and in map) and visual contacts are checked.
What can be wrong here?
Factor_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 11:53 AM   #8764
Meldric
Officer

I am again completly lost

I now sunk a "Großes Dampfschiff" and there is no mark. I really loose track on this, it seems to be completly random. Dammit!

The .py file I was looking in seems to be a wrong turn, as this seems to only check on startup if sunken ships could be found in the journal (I may be wrong).

EDIT:
I have 9 ships sunk, 3 DMs on the map, and no clue whatsoever when a DM appears and when not.

Gandhi

Last edited by Meldric; 04-15-12 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-16-12, 04:19 PM   #8765
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Default ACTA

Hi TDW...

I think this link is dead
Modified Ubooat_Sensors.sim file for Repaired_Equipment_MOD_by_Xrundel_TheBeast" (R.E.M) Version 1.2
mod (this file has to be installed in the Repaired_Equipment_MOD_by_Xrundel_TheBeast" (R.E.M) Version 1.2
mod in \data\Objects\Sensors and the Repaired_Equipment_MOD_by_Xrundel_TheBeast" (R.E.M) Version 1.2
mod HAS to be installed last in JSGME). This modified file makes it compatible with v6.9.0 of my UIs mod and FX_Update v0.0.18:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QTF15E42

Best regards,
Kurtz

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 06:47 PM   #8766
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
I am again completly lost

I now sunk a "Großes Dampfschiff" and there is no mark. I really loose track on this, it seems to be completly random. Dammit!

The .py file I was looking in seems to be a wrong turn, as this seems to only check on startup if sunken ships could be found in the journal (I may be wrong).

EDIT:
I have 9 ships sunk, 3 DMs on the map, and no clue whatsoever when a DM appears and when not.
Unzip and install these files in the mod's \data\Scripts\Menu: http://www.mediafire.com/?009ads8aaalsz15 letting them overwrite the original ones. I'll need to see a full DbgView output from game start to about 15 mins into a campaign game
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 03:13 AM   #8767
Meldric
Officer

Thanks, I will try tonight when I am back from work.

Gandhi
Old 04-17-12, 05:28 AM   #8768
kowism1
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 26
Default confusion

first i really like how you integrated the scripts into the mod architecture however i cant seem to set my hotkeys for diffrent script actions and the documentation and tutorials dont help much either can someone help me please?
kowism1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 09:53 AM   #8769
peter16278
Nub

Downloads: 684
Default ? Sinken im Hafen SH5?

Welcher Modbauer ist in der Lage ein Mod zu schreiben, die das sinken im Hafen zuverlässig verhindert.
Und die Nordsee ist so flach, dass man schon mit einen Schnorchel zu Fuss gehen kann.
peter16278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 10:03 AM   #8770
peter16278
Nub

Downloads: 684
Default Make A Donation ???

Neue Downloadregeln.
3 Dateien pro Tag.
Der Tag hat 24 Stunden.
Seit zwei Tagen bekomme ich immer die selbe Meldung, dass nur 3 Dateien pro Tag herruntergeladen werden kann.
Daraufhin habe ich mich entschlossen an der Spendenaktion teil zu nehmen und bezahle monatlich einen kleinen Beitrag.
An der Situation das ich keine Datei mehr runterladen kann hat sich nichts geändert.
peter16278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 11:23 AM   #8771
jsimbo1
Nub

Downloads: 5
Default Xo box dragging

Darkwraith

Firstly, wow, amazing work on this mod, i am new to the series, and when i found out how much is wrong with the game i nearly gave up, until i found ur mod, and all the detailed instructions for the computer semi-literate like me on how to use it etc. thank you.

I have a problem with it that i havent been able to work out, i have worked out how to use the program that lets you change all the user options, and i changed the xo tdc box to draggable, but it wont drag. this means that the box sits neatly over the scope display, so i cant use the tdc because i cant see. its impossible to describe the level of frustration this causes, ive spent 5 hours trying to solve it myself before i resorted to the noob option of sending up the distress flare here. the xo just refuses to move.

:d amn:

things ive tried that havent worked after reading ur info and searching the forums:

changing the setting in your options application. (and checking that they stayed changed)
restarting game
restarting with new campaign
restarting computer
changing lots more settings that may or may not be related to it in the options program

it is also interesting to note that changing the settings for the the attack scope tdc from all dials to minimum dials did not have any affect either, it seems the tdc settings just dont change for me.

i read the part in the info where you say this problem may be caused by windows admin rights, and to run the exe file as an administrator, but i am a steam user so there is no exe file that i can find.

Do you know what i am doing wrong? because at the moment, i cant fire torpedoes, or look through the scope, so the game is uplayable with your patch, and as everyone knows, unplayable without it too.

suggestions from anyone welcome!!!

edit: worked out how to get the exe file, and ran it as admin, assumed this would solve the problem. it didnt. in fact, none of the options that i changed in the options menu program seem to have worked. so i redid all of them and double checked i had set all the paths right by checking the screenshot you posted in post 1. still not working. i've now spent the better part of two days setting this game up, and i am yet to actually play it more than the tutorial mission.

Last edited by jsimbo1; 04-17-12 at 11:50 AM.
jsimbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 11:48 AM   #8772
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Did you try pressing the "L" key? - this should move the xo box to the corner of the screen
Old 04-17-12, 12:25 PM   #8773
jsimbo1
Nub

Downloads: 5

Sir

i dont know who you are, but i love you. it does as you say.

however, the changes I make to the options with the clever options changer program still arent coming through in game. this is the cause of most of my problems, like the officer bar at the bottom isnt draggable so i cant use the manual direction controller, because i cant work out how to get it to move or go above the officers. there are settings i have found like 'move officer bar out of view when you scroll mouse over it' etc. but i cant make them have effect.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...o1/problem.jpg

I include a screenshot of exactly what i mean, might help see what i have done wrong.

ideas?
jsimbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 01:24 PM   #8774
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimbo1 View Post
Sir

i dont know who you are, but i love you. it does as you say.

however, the changes I make to the options with the clever options changer program still arent coming through in game. this is the cause of most of my problems, like the officer bar at the bottom isnt draggable so i cant use the manual direction controller, because i cant work out how to get it to move or go above the officers. there are settings i have found like 'move officer bar out of view when you scroll mouse over it' etc. but i cant make them have effect.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...o1/problem.jpg

I include a screenshot of exactly what i mean, might help see what i have done wrong.

ideas?
Before you make the changes to the options.py you need to uninstall the mod with jsgme. Then make the changes and re-install
Old 04-17-12, 01:40 PM   #8775
Meldric
Officer

Hi!

I have:
- replaced the two files and started debugview,
- started the game up,
- loaded a the saved game (the one with the 9 sunk ships and 3 DMs)
- and played for about 20 min.
- at the end I sunk a polish vessel (with the Deckgun), getting no DM.

So, basicly anything should be in the log for you to analyse.
The log is here:
http://www.wolfshalle.de/Meldric_SH5_Test.7z

Gandhi

Last edited by Meldric; 04-17-12 at 02:00 PM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui