SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-12, 01:23 PM   #8746
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW!

I'm bored because I cant play the game right now, so I'll just bombard the forum with questions. So: could it be possible to write in the journal during high Time Scale? Currently it always pauses the game if I try to write in it.

There is so little to do during travelling, writing to journal would be really nice way to spend the time. Currently i'm not using it that much because it stops the game.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 01:33 PM   #8747
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Bumping the question of crash dive order automatically invoking battlestations. Is it possible?
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 04:47 AM   #8748
Nemeo
Nub

Downloads: 9

Hello everyone, I'm a new player.

First I'd like to thank TheDarkWraith and every other modder trying to improve the game. Your work is greatly appreciated.

I've read that 1.2 is still filled with bugs and I'm trying to find mods to fix them. It seems like this mod already covers a lot of issues, but these fixes are not referenced in the mod description.

Could you please tell me if this mod includes every known fixes or do I need to download other mods as well? If yes, could you please tell me what other mod should I download to have the less frustrating experience possible? (I've already used TDW's patching tool).
Nemeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:02 PM   #8749
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeo View Post
I've read that 1.2 is still filled with bugs and I'm trying to find mods to fix them. It seems like this mod already covers a lot of issues, but these fixes are not referenced in the mod description.

Could you please tell me if this mod includes every known fixes or do I need to download other mods as well? If yes, could you please tell me what other mod should I download to have the less frustrating experience possible? (I've already used TDW's patching tool).
How about listing what errors you are looking for to be fixed and I can tell you if this mod covers it?

I can tell you that the mast height bug is fixed with this mod. This mod was more of extending the game and adding new features that were missing from the stock game (real nav, ship's journal, radio messages, follow target, speech recognition interface, adjustable scope filters, automation, in-game tutorials, etc.)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:03 PM   #8750
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Bumping the question of crash dive order automatically invoking battlestations. Is it possible?
Yes it's possible to do. It's just a simple matter of me adding a new user option that defines whether this is enabled or not and adding the code to invoke battlestations when crash dive order is given
Old 04-09-12, 12:05 PM   #8751
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Hi TDW!

I'm bored because I cant play the game right now, so I'll just bombard the forum with questions. So: could it be possible to write in the journal during high Time Scale? Currently it always pauses the game if I try to write in it.

There is so little to do during travelling, writing to journal would be really nice way to spend the time. Currently i'm not using it that much because it stops the game.
There was a reason why I had to pause the game when you wrote in the journal. That reason is not coming to me now

I'll have to look back into this and see why I did that. If I can't find a reason why (maybe I did it just because?) then I can definitely remove this requirement.
Old 04-09-12, 03:07 PM   #8752
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There was a reason why I had to pause the game when you wrote in the journal. That reason is not coming to me now

I'll have to look back into this and see why I did that. If I can't find a reason why (maybe I did it just because?) then I can definitely remove this requirement.
I think the reason was that when you de-active pause (it's possible to do that at the same time), every button in the keyboard is active game wise. So if you start to write your stories, the boat crash dives, makes a hard to port, blows it's ballast and so on

In the pause-state key commands are locked and the writing works fine. I hope there is still a way to make the writing work without causing a havoc during timescale...
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 04:35 PM   #8753
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
I think the reason was that when you de-active pause (it's possible to do that at the same time), every button in the keyboard is active game wise. So if you start to write your stories, the boat crash dives, makes a hard to port, blows it's ballast and so on

In the pause-state key commands are locked and the writing works fine. I hope there is still a way to make the writing work without causing a havoc during timescale...
somewhat true. I added a nice little thing to the mod that can lockout any keys pressed (almost all of them) with just the simple setting of a variable. That is how nothing 'happens' when you are typing in the journal currently I disable this lockout when the journal is not in view. So I can lockout keys anytime I want.

There was some other reason as to why and I haven't found it yet
Old 04-09-12, 05:07 PM   #8754
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

TheDarkWraith,

do you think your interface could be converted into an interface adjusted for a touchscreen monitor? I know of a program that does this for the interface in A-10C: http://www.scsimulations.com/
Do you maybe know of any other programs which are used for making touchscreen UIs for games? I think this would add a wonderful level of immersion, so I'm just asking if you think this would be possible.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 07:04 PM   #8755
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
TheDarkWraith,

do you think your interface could be converted into an interface adjusted for a touchscreen monitor? I know of a program that does this for the interface in A-10C: http://www.scsimulations.com/
Do you maybe know of any other programs which are used for making touchscreen UIs for games? I think this would add a wonderful level of immersion, so I'm just asking if you think this would be possible.
If a DLL is provided that gives the touch screen functionality then I don't see why not. The real problem would be setting up the touch screen coordinates I imagine. I have no experience with touchscreens or programming them for that matter so that's way above me
I'm always willing to learn though
Old 04-11-12, 04:08 PM   #8756
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

Again DestroyedMarks:

I have now restarted a completly new campaign, sailed to the british coast and sunk a merchant. It is mentioned in the captains log, but not in the journal. There is just no entry for it... I see when I launched the torpedos, maned the deckgun, but where the sunk entry should be, there is only the entry when I went back on my original course. And there is no DestroyedMark anywhere. The sunk ship is completly ignored anywhere but in the captains log...

Current soup:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Spiele\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

000_00_AntiLag
001_00_RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
001_02_SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_2
002_02_EnhancedFunnelSmoke1.2_SH5
002_03_Detailed Caustics v1.0
002_05_ConusGraphicMod v1.1
002_07_NoDamnBubblesNoDamnHalo
002_81_KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith
002_99_CustomEmblem - Wolf
003_00_MightyFineCrewMod v1.2.1 - Alt w beards
003_01_MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
003_02_MCCD_1.04_GER
003_05_CriticalhitsTorpedos v1.1
004_00_CapthelmsAudioMod
004_03_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
004_04_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
004_05_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
004_06_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
004_07_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
004_10_MightyFineLessAnnoyingFootsteps v1.0
004_12_GrossdeutscherRundfunk
005_10_BRF 1.3 full
005_50_Churchs NavMap v1.0 - Illyustrator's Version
006_00_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
006_01_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyu strator
006_02_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
006_03_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ManosScopes_Patch_5x4
006_05_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision
006_06_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Bl ack_Skin
006_07_NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German
006_20_IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
006_21_IRAI_0_0_30_No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth
006_24_AirTorpedoes
006_50_Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
006_51_SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith
007_04_EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
007_10_Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8
100_00_Open_Horizons_II_Light v3
101_00_SH5Lifeboats_2.0
150_00_Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
150_01_Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
150_02_Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
150_03_Dynamic Environment SH5 Sleet For Winter Campaigns V2.1
150_04_Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
150_05_Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (mediterranean) V2.1
160_01_AilRain 1.0
160_05_stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (normal)
170_00_Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4_deutsch
180_70_EquipmentUpgrade_1.4.1f_TheBeast
200_00_Sobers_SmallerWaterDrops v4.0
200_10_Restore_StockCameraBehaviour (Remove Flickering)
210_00_DEUTSCHMOD_1.0.2 - Stripped by Mel

There is no menu.txt in my version of the DEUTSCHMOD and I also removed a number of files (because I just wanted the translations).

Have not been playing for long after that so I don't know if the entries will show up later...

EDIT 1:
Played on, sunk a tanker, same thing: Captains Log ok, no entry in the journal, no DM.

EDIT 2:
The Hull number in the mods settings file and my profile did not match... Could that be part of the problem?

EDIT 3:
Disabled the DEUTSCHMOD and the first ship sunk did immediatly appear on the map and in the journal. But it is not the issue with the menu.txt, because this file is not contained in my version of the DeutschMod... Further looking into it.

Die Geschichte lehrt die Menschen,
dass die Geschichte die Menschen nichts lehrt.
Gandhi

Last edited by Meldric; 04-11-12 at 04:56 PM.
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 08:33 AM   #8757
Meldric
Officer

I played around with files up and down and I actually give up. It is very time-consuming, as you can imagine.
It is actually not an option to me to have the gui half english, half german, so I'll install the DeutschMod in the form I have it and disable the journal... That is really a pitty, as I really like the idea of having a journal (KTB).

On the other hand it is kind of useless if it is incomplete. Maybe I'll also manually add entries for each ship that was sunk...
will see...

EDIT:
@TDW:
Maybe a suggestion for the journal-viewer app:
The window is too big for my screen. Even if I use the maximize function, the bottom is cut off. I'd like to suggest to change the size of the controls from a fixed dimension to a relativ size that is adapting itself to the size of the window. In this way, everyone could use the app regardless of screen resolution. There is actually not that much on there to demand that size (and there are scrollbars if we get too many entries).

Gandhi
Old 04-13-12, 03:45 PM   #8758
Meldric
Officer

Hi!

Think I am having a clue.

In the file "data\scripts\menu\Page captain log.py", we have the following passage:

Code:
if tonnage != None and shiptype != None and latlong != None ...:
msg = Menu.GetLocalizedText( IDSTR_WEPS ) + ": " + shiptype + ...
I suspect the value of shiptype to be none to me and so the complete passage is skipped. Therefore there is just NOTHING in the journal... If I enable the DeutschMod without the files:

data\roster\names.cfg
data\roster\SOANNames.cfg

it works.

So, I'd say, the Mod cannot determine the shiptype, if the one of the two files is replaced by the DeutschMod. So, there seems to be something odd with one of those files... Will now find out which one it is...

Does that make any sense to you, TDW?

EDIT:
It is "Names.cfg". If that is replaced by DeutschMod, there will be no entry in the journal for a sunk vessel.

EDIT 2:
Damn, now I am puzzled! I have now enabled the mod as is and now it works. Forget all I said!

EDIT 3:
It worked exactly one time... Next ship sunk, no DM... I am curious for your thoughts! I try to add a debug line to see if shiptype is empty...
Thoughts:
It worked for "Großes Dampfschiff", but not for "Tanker der Cimmaron-Klasse"... so it might really be related to the ShipType after all...

Gandhi

Last edited by Meldric; 04-13-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-14-12, 12:24 PM   #8759
hixz21
Swabbie

Downloads: 30

Thanks for this great mod!
hixz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 04:47 PM   #8760
Meldric
Officer

Sorry, I just realized the other thread about the topic... Although it was by accident...

Any news on the destroyed marks anyway?

Gandhi

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui