Closed Thread

Old 02-05-20, 06:21 AM   #8536
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Well, gotta say, Trump should have shook her hand when she offered it.

Speech was good, though, and it appears he finally understands how valuable an appeal to black working class men will be for him.
If black working class men are stupid enough to believe him. Lets assume they are just ordinary human people. Then why the heck should they...?
Old 02-05-20, 06:28 AM   #8537
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
If black working class men are stupid enough to believe him. Lets assume they are just ordinary human people. Then why the heck should they...?
Uh because they pay taxes too? Because they don't want illegals taking their jobs and working for low rates? Because they have 2nd amendment rights?
Old 02-05-20, 11:10 AM   #8538
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Uh because they pay taxes too? Because they don't want illegals taking their jobs and working for low rates? Because they have 2nd amendment rights?
And the things not pointing in their favour?

Not to mention: pride?

Well, of course I am too far outside as if I would really make an estimation on the mood and views inside such a big community in another country. I just cannot imagine that men are this easy to be bribed into second-grade-citizenship that has them at huge enmpircla disadvantages in many sociological and eochomical indices: average income, health, mortality, averge life expectancy, police racism, and so forth.

And master's hand is not already loved better just because on some days it swings the whip not as hard.

---

Anyhow, after the Iowa debacle for the Democrats, only one question remains: how much are these clowns wishing to indeed have no chance next year?
Old 02-05-20, 11:43 AM   #8539
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I hear you, but let me ask a question: Bloomberg is not actually buying the office, he is just spending tons of money advertising himself. It's actually up to us to tune him out, right? I mean, isn't he simply the click-bait version of a candidate? The average Joe is smart enough to make up his on mind, right? I hope so, or we've found another failing of democracy.
In a sense he is buying an election with unabated purchasing of commercials about himself as well as disparaging Trump. Much like any candidate does but he has a deep checkbook and could run a new commercial everyday! I have seen one of the commercials. Trump is blamed for everything. The average Joe will see the current line up of candidates. It is not a pretty sight. However, Bloomberg appears to have his act together. The others are too far left or simply nuts. Biden is now really tarnished with the Ukraine debacle and his son. I could see Bloomberg getting the nomination. However, he will not beat Trump.

I'm really surprised with Buttigieg and leading Iowa.
Old 02-05-20, 11:57 AM   #8540
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Well, gotta say, Trump should have shook her hand when she offered it.

Speech was good, though, and it appears he finally understands how valuable an appeal to black working class men will be for him.
No on the handshake. She started the problem with not announcing the president in the House as it is traditionally spoken. Furthermore, the last SOTU address she snubbed him with the patsy clapping. The woman has been nothing but a thorn. She finished with ripping up the speech. It is obvious she has no respect for Trump. The feeling appears mutual.

As far as black working class and honoring them, it is Black History month. If Trump honored all white people he would be run out on a rail. But he went even further to appeal to many races, colors and creeds. As well as women(military wife and kids) sacrificing for the country. The thing here for me is he truly appeared sincere. Call me crazy. Three years ago I thought he was just a talking head.

The country is doing well and no thanks to Congress who has now spent a better part of 3 years looking to remove Trump. Just imagine what could be done if they all truly worked together for the good of the country and not party.
Old 02-05-20, 12:03 PM   #8541
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
While it was a good SotU speech, I think it doubled as the opening salvo in his re-election campaign. I watched the Democrat's side of the chamber during the speech, and didn't see any happy faces at all even though he touched on a couple of signature issues for them.
If you watch the last SOTU the Democrats did much the same. Sat on their hands. Sadly, most could not clap and stand for those honored. These are Americans making it day by day as best they can. Trump recognizes their drive, desire and succeeding. Yet, a Democrat can't stand and acknowledge a young girl receiving a scholarship award. A military man who has 4 tours...count'em...4 tours arriving home to his wife and kids unannounced. Nothing but stone faced children. Col, Charles McGee...a man I met. Spoke with. Signed his book for me. Hundreds of missions over Europe...these dopes can not stand and honor him. Just disrespectful. I mean honestly, what bone do they have to pick with McGee?

The State of the Union was once a nonpartisan exercise, a simple address from America’s leader to all Americans. Not any longer.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 02-05-20 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-05-20, 12:09 PM   #8542
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The problem with that is what is considered good for the country. It appears there isn't even consensus on a few core issues.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-05-20, 12:10 PM   #8543
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Why would the working class black not believe Trump?
Old 02-05-20, 02:00 PM   #8544
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 pics or it didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
No on the handshake. She started the problem with not announcing the president in the House as it is traditionally spoken. Furthermore, the last SOTU address she snubbed him with the patsy clapping. The woman has been nothing but a thorn. She finished with ripping up the speech. It is obvious she has no respect for Trump. The feeling appears mutual.

As far as black working class and honoring them, it is Black History month. If Trump honored all white people he would be run out on a rail. But he went even further to appeal to many races, colors and creeds. As well as women(military wife and kids) sacrificing for the country. The thing here for me is he truly appeared sincere. Call me crazy. Three years ago I thought he was just a talking head.

The country is doing well and no thanks to Congress who has now spent a better part of 3 years looking to remove Trump. Just imagine what could be done if they all truly worked together for the good of the country and not party.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 02-05-20, 02:55 PM   #8545
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

There is voters who I call jumpers, they jump from one party to another on each or third election or from one politician to an another.

I have no doubt that there will be American voters who will put their vote on the Dem candidate. As a desperate measure to get Trump out of the White House. Voters who have voted Rep, but will jump over to Dem.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-05-20, 03:16 PM   #8546
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
There is voters who I call jumpers, they jump from one party to another on each or third election or from one politician to an another.

I have no doubt that there will be American voters who will put their vote on the Dem candidate. As a desperate measure to get Trump out of the White House. Voters who have voted Rep, but will jump over to Dem.

Markus
You left out one option Markus

They won't vote at all
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-05-20, 03:19 PM   #8547
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
I know of no jump voters personally. I know plenty that vote straight ticket. As such, there will not be enough jump voters to make a difference IMO.
Old 02-05-20, 03:20 PM   #8548
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

They won't vote at all
This is more likely.
Old 02-05-20, 03:30 PM   #8549
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

They won't vote at all
And you are correct.

It's more likely a Republican voters will stay home then betray their party.

From hearing the news I think it's very likely Mr. Trump will be sitting in the White House until 2024.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-05-20, 04:04 PM   #8550
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
And the things not pointing in their favour?

Not to mention: pride?

Well, of course I am too far outside as if I would really make an estimation on the mood and views inside such a big community in another country. I just cannot imagine that men are this easy to be bribed into second-grade-citizenship that has them at huge enmpircla disadvantages in many sociological and eochomical indices: average income, health, mortality, averge life expectancy, police racism, and so forth.

And master's hand is not already loved better just because on some days it swings the whip not as hard.

---

Anyhow, after the Iowa debacle for the Democrats, only one question remains: how much are these clowns wishing to indeed have no chance next year?
If all you know about black men in America is what you see on the MSM, then I can see why you would think that.

Not sure what you mean about second-grade citizenship, that's kinda degrading to assume, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
This is just my opinion but when your opponent gives you a chance to make yourself look bad, you shouldn't take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The problem with that is what is considered good for the country. It appears there isn't even consensus on a few core issues.
Agree 100%. No idea how we overcome that.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter