SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-12, 07:30 AM   #841
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonA View Post
Interesting concept...I can add text to the messagebox no problem...I can even add crew voice (have crew talk)...I know where the ordered speed for each engine is located...what I haven't found yet is the % damage to each engine (diesel and electric)...I'll look for those now
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 07:31 AM   #842
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
I'm away for two months and TDW impoves the game like no one cozld imagine.
Regarding F7 CTD:

Don't press that key while in a port!
Good point I should disable this when in port
Old 08-15-12, 07:38 AM   #843
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

TDW, do you ever play the game? You always seem to be working!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 07:41 AM   #844
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
TDW, do you ever play the game? You always seem to be working!
I play it That's usually what gives me the ideas. I'll be playing the game and then I find myself wanting the game to allow me to do something or I want the game to do something...then I'm up to my neck in hex code via OllyDebug trying to figure out how to do it Once figured out and patched I'm back to playing until the next idea pops into my head (which usually isn't much longer )

oh and I'm still in Total Germany campaign
Old 08-15-12, 07:45 AM   #845
Sartoris
Captain

We were just talking about the environmental bug in the Dynamic Environment thread, and I was wondering if you could look into the bug that makes the weather always stay grey and foggy (for what seems like forever) after saving and loading a game. While it adds an atmosphere of impending doom (), it does sort of break the immersion. Someone said this was hard-coded, but I wonder what you think of this? Do you think you could crack this particular problem? Have you experienced this yourself?
Old 08-15-12, 07:51 AM   #846
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
We were just talking about the environmental bug in the Dynamic Environment thread, and I was wondering if you could look into the bug that makes the weather always stay grey and foggy (for what seems like forever) after saving and loading a game. While it adds an atmosphere of impending doom (), it does sort of break the immersion. Someone said this was hard-coded, but I wonder what you think of this? Do you think you could crack this particular problem? Have you experienced this yourself?
I've poked around a little in EnvSim.act file to see what was inside. This file definitely controls the weather and clouds and all. I've seen many function calls into this from the sh5.exe for updating clouds and changing seasons.

I haven't experienced this myself yet or I would've already dove into it and figured out why it's happening and how to correct it. When/if it does happen I'll look into it for sure
Old 08-15-12, 07:58 AM   #847
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Good point I should disable [F7] when in port
@Sartosis

TDW just admitted that pressing F7 in port may be a problem, meaning that I may've been doing full reinstalls for nothin' . Yesterday you said you had no problem when pressing F7. Did you press it when you were in Port? Not in the Bunker, but just in Port?
Old 08-15-12, 08:00 AM   #848
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
@Sartosis

TW just admitted that pressing F7 in port may be a problem. Yesterday you said you had no problem when pressing F7. Did you press it when you were in Port? Not in the Bunker, but just in Port.
No, I was out on the open sea. If I play the game today I'll try it in port.
Old 08-15-12, 08:14 AM   #849
The General
The Old Man

Well, I'm in the middle of doing another full reinstall now anyway. I'm gonna follow the Mod list you posted earlier. Don't forget to let me know if you have a CTD in Port
Old 08-15-12, 08:15 AM   #850
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@Sartosis

TDW just admitted that pressing F7 in port may be a problem, meaning that I may've been doing full reinstalls for nothin' . Yesterday you said you had no problem when pressing F7. Did you press it when you were in Port? Not in the Bunker, but just in Port?
In port to me means in the bunker. It shouldn't do anything when you are in the bunker but to be safe I'll look over my code to ensure it isn't trying anything when in the bunker.

If you are out to sea (not in the bunker) then it should work without problems
Old 08-15-12, 08:17 AM   #851
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Well, I'm in the middle of doing another full reinstall now anyway. I'm gonna follow the Mod list you posted earlier. Don't forget to let me know if you have a CTD in Port

Sure, I was going to start a new campaign anyway, so I'll give it a go.

If you do use my mod list, please try to save your game out on the open sea and then reload that save and take note of the weather. Every time I save and reload my weather stays grey and foggy forever (like I just mentioned to TDW), so I wonder if the same will happen to you as well.
Old 08-15-12, 08:34 AM   #852
The General
The Old Man

Quote:
No, I was out on the open sea. If I play the game today I'll try it in port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
In port to me means in the bunker. It shouldn't do anything when you are in the bunker but to be safe I'll look over my code to ensure it isn't trying anything when in the bunker.

If you are out to sea (not in the bunker) then it should work without problems
Oh, ok, because F7 was working out at sea, during the Tutorial mission and most of the way home, but when I entered Keil harbour (not in the bunker, just sailing through the harbour), pressing F7 would cause a CTD. Strange I know.

Quote:
Sure, I was going to start a new campaign anyway, so I'll give it a go.

If you do use my mod list, please try to save your game out on the open sea and then reload that save and take note of the weather. Every time I save and reload my weather stays grey and foggy forever (like I just mentioned to TDW), so I wonder if the same will happen to you as well.
Yes, I will take note of the weather

Last edited by The General; 08-15-12 at 08:59 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 08:34 AM   #853
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Moin Sirs,

i donīt know if this post is in the right place, but one thing i remeber when i read here and in the dynEnv thread about the problems with the weather when save/load the game.

When i torp a ship and hit, the ship is damaged, burns and go flood with water.
Then save/load the game and furthermore the ship is flood with water and damaged, but didnīt burn anymore

I only noticed, but donīt know if there are parallel to the weather problem and save routine.
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 08:38 AM   #854
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalleblom View Post
Moin Sirs,

i donīt know if this post is in the right place, but one thing i remeber when i read here and in the dynEnv thread about the problems with the weather when save/load the game.

When i torp a ship and hit, the ship is damaged, burns and go flood with water.
Then save/load the game and furthermore the ship is flood with water and damaged, but didnīt burn anymore

I only noticed, but donīt know if there are parallel to the weather problem and save routine.
I think this is a known bug. Never save the game near other ships, because when you load the game the ships might behave differently, or they might be repaired if you saved when the ship was damaged.

In fact, I tried this the other day, and a ship I had shot with the deck gun was magically repaired after I loaded the game.
Old 08-15-12, 08:58 AM   #855
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Thx for reply.

I try to refrain from saving near other ship, but sometimes the game makes autosave and when i load this one i notice that.

But in real, youīll have only this moment and canīt get reloaded. So attack, tackle and sink
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote