SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-11, 05:28 PM   #8161
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v6.9.0 test version 4 available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20968...ith_Test_4_zip
Hi TDW!

I´ve tested v6.9.0 test version 4 and for me all new features works perfect, no problems!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 11-07-11, 05:31 PM   #8162
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW!

I´ve tested v6.9.0 test version 4 and for me all new features works perfect, no problems!

Best regards,
Magic
Thanks for the feedback The new watchofficer thing is doing it's job? No more 'ghost' TC1s?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 04:01 AM   #8163
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
The new watchofficer thing is doing it's job? No more 'ghost' TC1s?
Yes, until now...!
Old 11-08-11, 09:48 AM   #8164
doomguyjack101
Nub

Downloads: 19

You'll have to forgive me for being new to sh5 modding if I've missed something simple.

With the snorkel raised, my co2 level still raises. Is this supposed to be the case? Or, have i messed something up?
doomguyjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 09:57 AM   #8165
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomguyjack101 View Post
You'll have to forgive me for being new to sh5 modding if I've missed something simple.

With the snorkel raised, my co2 level still raises. Is this supposed to be the case? Or, have i messed something up?
Unfortunately the game is still bugged in that regard I haven't found a solution for it yet
Old 11-08-11, 10:32 AM   #8166
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomguyjack101 View Post

Welcome to the forum doomguy

Save the game.
Exit to main menu.
Reload the game.

Usually this does the trick.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:44 AM   #8167
doomguyjack101
Nub

Downloads: 19

Holy spleh, that was a fast response. I'll give the reload trick a shot.
And, by the way, outstanding bit of modding work.

Cheers!
doomguyjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 11:53 AM   #8168
Claudius
Mate

Downloads: 35

Is the first time that I will use v6.9.0 test version 4, can use right only the version beta? Do I follow instructions of the video version 3.0.0?

Would it be possible to create this MOD in form of executable facilitating the installation? It is a suggestion to help the beginners.

Congratulations for the dedication.
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 06:14 PM   #8169
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Is the first time that I will use v6.9.0 test version 4, can use right only the version beta? Do I follow instructions of the video version 3.0.0?
Yes only the testing (beta) version is available if you want to try the latest and greatest. If you want the released version you have v6.8.0 (and patch) available at post #1

I don't know what video version you are referring to so I can't be of much help. There is an app included in \data\Applications that allows you to edit the options file via a GUI. This is the preferred method of changing the user options now.

Finally got the destroyed marks not appearing at save game load bug to finally rear it's ugly head. Now I have to figure out why it's doing this

EDIT:

ok it makes sense now. If you are not using a journal then this bug appears. If you are using a journal then the destroyed marks always appear at save game load. Now I just have to adjust the code for those not using a journal
Old 11-08-11, 07:57 PM   #8170
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

bug of destroyed marks put to rest

Now for an interesting idea I have been playing around with: simulating failures of key equipment. Basically what I do is if the random chance says x piece of equipment has failed I make it so you can't interact with it (you can't click it to activate it or teleport to it). It's basically dead until repaired/fixed. A random time would be assigned until the unit is deemed repaired/fixed at which time it's usable again. The key pieces of equipment I'm considering are:
- UZO
- obs scope
- attack scope
- radar station
- hydrophone station
- deckgun (if installed)
- flak gun 1 (if installed)
- flak gun 2 (if installed)
- binocular (might not be able to do this one but trying)

What do you all think of the idea? I can assign new user options to control the max failure rate and max time to repair

Also figured out how to tell if deckgun, flak 1, and flak 2 are installed on sub so I'm going to add the ability to teleport to flak 2 in the teleport bar
Old 11-08-11, 08:01 PM   #8171
oakdesign
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Quote:
ok it makes sense now. If you are not using a journal then this bug appears. If you are using a journal then the destroyed marks always appear at save game load. Now I just have to adjust the code for those not using a journal
I recognized this behaviour just when I started a few weeks ago to find my mod soup, installing deinstalling and testing different mods.
I always thought the case with the missing marks without journal:
It's not a bug it's just a missing feature
oakdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 09:08 PM   #8172
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
simulating failures of key equipment.
As long as it's entirely optional, sure.

Maybe try it how it was in SH3 I think, where if your scope is "broken" it's unbearable fuzzy (just an overlay like a new scope or something? if that can be done on the fly) instead of "I can't seem to use this at all!" For the hydrophone the background noise could be changed or something, the guns could take much longer to rearm or jam or something?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 09:12 PM   #8173
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

version 6.9.0 test 5 available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20974...ith_test_5_zip

This fixes the destroyed marks not appearing until unit is destroyed for those not using a journal and playing a campaign

v6.9.0 - (Real nav only) fixed bug of when destroyed mark was created a new nav fix was also created
- (Real nav only) all marks no longer show nautical time and GMT time. They show the time the digital clock mode is set to (Naut or GMT)
- (Real nav only) changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will automatically update all marks with new timestamp
- Changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will change the timestamps in the messagebox and the ship's journal
- Ship's journal current version is now v7
- While editing a mark the ability to switch clock mode (Naut or GMT) is disabled
- added a new user option. This user option will control the auto enabling of the charts and opening SOAN to identified unit upon WEPS-->Torpedo attack-->Ship identification order given. Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit)
- added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)
- revised Ship's journal viewer app to new ship journal version (v7)
- revised TDWSOAN.DLL for support of new user option AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit
- (Real nav only) added more debug output at game start when all the marks are created to try and figure out why some users marks don't show until a kill is made
- added more debug output to SOAN to try and figure out why some users Additional info button on SOAN doesn't work
- fixed bugs in OptionsFileEditorViewer app relating to culture specifics
- added a new user option. This user option will control the disabling of the charts when leaving a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoDisableChartsOnScopeStationLeave)
- fixed bug in Automation dealing with the loop command. Bug was when loop command was encountered it was setting the command index to 0 (start of commands) and setting the timer to command 0's wait time. Then when command 0 was executed the timer was set to command 0's wait time again. The fix for this has resulted in Automation's Wait command now being able to specify a t time. This fix also results in the Wait command being the ONLY command in Automation who's t time will be considered when it's the last command.
- fixed bug when an Automation command would 'request' weather info the script would stop
- added a new user option. This user option will have the watch officer report nearest visual contact (if surfaced) or sonarman report nearest sound contact (if submerged) when TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel is triggered. Default value is disabled (False) (WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet)
- added the ability to enable/disable snorkel from the options editor/viewer app
- fixed bug of when user has no journal selected and they are playing a campaign the destroyed marks would not appear upon save game load until a unit was destroyed again

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-09-11 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-09-11, 12:12 AM   #8174
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
As long as it's entirely optional, sure.

Maybe try it how it was in SH3 I think, where if your scope is "broken" it's unbearable fuzzy (just an overlay like a new scope or something? if that can be done on the fly) instead of "I can't seem to use this at all!" For the hydrophone the background noise could be changed or something, the guns could take much longer to rearm or jam or something?
Like the idea of the periscope going fuzzy....that should be easy enough to implement. The hydrophone I just nailed down where the volume 'lives' in the sh5.exe so now I have to add code to change it's value on the fly (in-game). The guns I haven't found yet in the .exe or .act files...
Old 11-09-11, 02:53 AM   #8175
EAF274 Johan
Ensign

Downloads: 94

Quote:
bug of destroyed marks put to rest

Now for an interesting idea I have been playing around with: simulating failures of key equipment. Basically what I do is if the random chance says x piece of equipment has failed I make it so you can't interact with it (you can't click it to activate it or teleport to it). It's basically dead until repaired/fixed. A random time would be assigned until the unit is deemed repaired/fixed at which time it's usable again. The key pieces of equipment I'm considering are:
- UZO
- obs scope
- attack scope
- radar station
- hydrophone station
- deckgun (if installed)
- flak gun 1 (if installed)
- flak gun 2 (if installed)
- binocular (might not be able to do this one but trying)

What do you all think of the idea? I can assign new user options to control the max failure rate and max time to repair

Also figured out how to tell if deckgun, flak 1, and flak 2 are installed on sub so I'm going to add the ability to teleport to flak 2 in the teleport bar
How about adding batteries, pumps, engines, rudders to the list Would it be possible to link the failure rate to the ability points of your Chief Engineer?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui