SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-06-11, 06:19 PM   #8146
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
The one I used was from the same version (6.8.0), so I just thought I was safe. But I'll follow your advice in the future.

Do you know if it's possible to damage the core game files by activating and deactivating mods in JSGME too many times? I always try to deactivate them one at a time, but my last installed copy got damaged somehow so I reinstalled because I assumed too much modding might have broken it.
JSGME 'hiccups' occasionally on me also. I keep a backup copy of my Silent Hunter 5 folder on my server when this happens so reinstalling is a snap

Overwriting with the same options file from the same version is safe and ok. Different versions is a no-no.

Updated the Options Viewer/Editor so that you can enable/disable the snorkel for any sub from it. This applies only to my UIs mod.

There is a new entry under File - Set SH5 install path... You must first set the path to your SH5 install if you want to be able to enable/disable snorkel

You can test it here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20968..._22_0_Test_zip

Working on this automatic watchofficer thing now...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 06:23 PM   #8147
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Also, since you were kind enough to help me out, could you tell me in which order I should put these mods: IRAI, FX, NewUI. I tried putting them in that order, as you can see in my thread about the hydro, but Silent Steel suggested I put IRAI after NewUI, so I'm not sure any more. I have all the latest versions.
All of these mods share some common files between them. I sometimes update one or more of these common files on a mod release. If I don't specify in the documentation then the latest mod needs to be enabled last. Usually this is my UIs mod.
Old 11-06-11, 06:24 PM   #8148
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Excellent news! I'll be following your work on the watch officer.

I didn't know you could do that: just copy the SH5 folder and paste it over the old one if the old one gets corrupted in any way? I'll have to try that next time everything falls apart.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 06:25 PM   #8149
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Excellent news! I'll be following your work on the watch officer.

I didn't know you could do that: just copy the SH5 folder and paste it over the old one if the old one gets corrupted in any way? I'll have to try that next time everything falls apart.
Won't take me very long at all to finish up this watch officer thing Should be done here very soon.

When mine corrupts I delete the whole SH5 folder from my HD. Then I copy the folder from my server to my HD. Reinstall mods and continue on
Old 11-06-11, 06:35 PM   #8150
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Okay after a little thought on this watch officer thing here's what I've decided:

we have the following options under Time Compression:

#;###################################### Time compression ########################################
#[OPTION]
#CATEGORY=Time compression
#TYPE=6
#DESCRIPTION=Time compression level at which the TCx on constant distance is enabled (this will change the time compression level to a pre-determined level when a contact gets inside a specified radius around the sub if the current time compression level is greater than or equal to this value)
#VALUES=MIN|1
#DEFAULT=1024
#; the TC level at which the TCx on contact distance is enabled (this will change the TC level to a pre-determined level when a contact gets inside a specified radius around the sub if the current TC level is greater than or equal to this value)
#; below in powers of 2 only!
TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel = 1024

#[OPTION]
#TYPE=2
#DESCRIPTION=The radius around the sub to determine when to set time compression level to TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel when time compression value is greater than 1 and TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is True
#VALUES=MIN|0.0
#DEFAULT=8000.0
#; when at TC > 1 and TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is enabled (True) then this is the radius around your sub to determine when to set TC level to TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel
#; below in meters
TCxOnContactDistanceRadius = 8000.0

#[OPTION]
#TYPE=6
#DESCRIPTION=Time compression level to set when TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is True and contact is inside the TCxOnContactDistanceRadius
#VALUES=MIN|1
#DEFAULT=1
#; the TC level to set when TCxOnContactDistanceEnabled is enabled (True) and contact is inside the TCxOnContactDistanceRadius
#; below in powers of 2 only!
TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel = 1

I'll add a new user option called WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet. It will default to disabled (False). This user option will be found under the Automatics tab.
I'll use the user option TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel as the trigger. If WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet is enabled (True) and TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel triggers TC level change to TCxOnContactDistanceTCLevel then the watch officer will automatically check for contacts IF you are surfaced. If you are submerged then nothing happens.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-06-11 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 06:35 PM   #8151
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Won't take me very long at all to finish up this watch officer thing Should be done here very soon.
Very cool!

I was also wondering if the same could be done with the hydro guy if you're traveling underwater and the TC suddenly drops. I don't think the hydro guy ever tells me what caused the TC drop, I have to ask him to look for contacts, so maybe something similar could be done with him.

Quote:
/ snip /
Woah! That was fast. A wizard at work!
Old 11-06-11, 06:53 PM   #8152
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I was also wondering if the same could be done with the hydro guy if you're traveling underwater and the TC suddenly drops. I don't think the hydro guy ever tells me what caused the TC drop, I have to ask him to look for contacts, so maybe something similar could be done with him.
ok it's been coded. I forgot that there is a command for the sonarman to report nearest contact so if you are submerged then this command will be invoked. If you are surfaced then the watchofficer will report nearest contact.

Testing changes now...

EDIT:

everything works perfectly for surfaced or submerged. Have to update documentation and then new test version will be available.

Also while working on this the TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel is always enabled I noticed. I never put an on/off switch for it. That explains why some people have this phantom TC1 at times.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-06-11 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 07:24 PM   #8153
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v6.9.0 test version 4 available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20968...ith_Test_4_zip

All the stipulations of the previous test versions apply.

v6.9.0 - (Real nav only) fixed bug of when destroyed mark was created a new nav fix was also created
- (Real nav only) all marks no longer show nautical time and GMT time. They show the time the digital clock mode is set to (Naut or GMT)
- (Real nav only) changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will automatically update all marks with new timestamp
- Changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will change the timestamps in the messagebox and the ship's journal
- Ship's journal current version is now v7
- While editing a mark the ability to switch clock mode (Naut or GMT) is disabled
- added a new user option. This user option will control the auto enabling of the charts and opening SOAN to identified unit upon WEPS-->Torpedo attack-->Ship identification order given. Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit)
- added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)
- revised Ship's journal viewer app to new ship journal version (v7)
- revised TDWSOAN.DLL for support of new user option AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit
- (Real nav only) added more debug output at game start when all the marks are created to try and figure out why some users marks don't show until a kill is made
- added more debug output to SOAN to try and figure out why some users Additional info button on SOAN doesn't work
- fixed bugs in OptionsFileEditorViewer app relating to culture specifics
- added a new user option. This user option will control the disabling of the charts when leaving a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoDisableChartsOnScopeStationLeave)
- fixed bug in Automation dealing with the loop command. Bug was when loop command was encountered it was setting the command index to 0 (start of commands) and setting the timer to command 0's wait time. Then when command 0 was executed the timer was set to command 0's wait time again. The fix for this has resulted in Automation's Wait command now being able to specify a t time. This fix also results in the Wait command being the ONLY command in Automation who's t time will be considered when it's the last command.
- fixed bug when an Automation command would 'request' weather info the script would stop
- added a new user option. This user option will have the watch officer report nearest visual contact (if surfaced) or sonarman report nearest sound contact (if submerged) when TCxOnContactDistanceEnabledTCLevel is triggered. Default value is disabled (False) (WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet)
- added the ability to enable/disable snorkel from the options editor/viewer app

Old 11-06-11, 08:03 PM   #8154
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I have this.
WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet = True#False
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 08:16 PM   #8155
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I have this.
WatchOfficerCheckForContantsOnTCxSet = True#False
I left my testing in. It's ok, that means it's enabled from the start for the test version. I'll update the mod though
Old 11-07-11, 01:50 AM   #8156
torr
Nub

Downloads: 6

Quote:
EDIT2:

............ Were you making those changes in the .py file itself or using the app? .............
a,in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file
- set parameter MostFuelEfficientSpeed = 10
- OptionsFileEditorViewer OK and value = 10,00

b,c

d,only work with OptionsFileEditorViewer
- if set parameter MostFuelEfficientSpeed 10 or 10,00 - OK
- if set parameter MostFuelEfficientSpeed 10.00 - error

ad) a,b,c change parameter only TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
ad) d change parameter only OptionsFileEditorViewer

change TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py via app Wordpad
torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 02:48 AM   #8157
Sartoris
Captain

Thank you, TDW! I'll try using the updated mod as soon as possible.
Old 11-07-11, 11:50 AM   #8158
Sartoris
Captain

Is it possible to play with no contacts on, but still have friendly contacts visible on the map? I find it's easier to use wolfpacks that way, and it also helps me not to ram into a friendly unit when I forget to pay attention.

If this is not possible, would you be able to make an additional mod for this?
Old 11-07-11, 11:57 AM   #8159
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Is it possible to play with no contacts on, but still have friendly contacts visible on the map? I find it's easier to use wolfpacks that way, and it also helps me not to ram into a friendly unit when I forget to pay attention.

If this is not possible, would you be able to make an additional mod for this?
Unfortunately the game doesn't tell you if the contact is enemy or friendly (via python code) and the same symbols are used for both. Thus it's either no symbols or symbols.
Old 11-07-11, 04:43 PM   #8160
Sartoris
Captain

OK, well thanks for looking into it anyway.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui