SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-21, 12:51 PM   #8131
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 01:02 PM   #8132
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 02:01 PM   #8133
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
[Sarcasm]Oh my G_d! You're right! When there's a small percentage that show no improvement ... or die,even ... then we should chuck modern medicine in the can![/Sarcasm]

You (and some others on the forum) don't seem to get how statistics actually work what with the 'I've got a 99% .... *cough* .... chance ... *cough* ... I'll take my chances ... *cough* .... somebody get me an ambulance! I don't care if it takes up a pediatric cancer kid's bed!'

Yeah because they always mixing pediatric cancer patients and covid patients in the same ward. It's just musical hospital beds all the time according to whatever passes for reality to you.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 02:17 PM   #8134
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Old 08-18-21, 02:59 PM   #8135
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
https://covid-texas.csullender.com/

You'll see only 42% of ICU beds and only 21% of hospital beds are for COVID patients.

Sensationalist much?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 03:12 PM   #8136
Arlo
The Old Man

Old 08-18-21, 03:18 PM   #8137
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

From the Gov of MD(Hogan) at today's conference:

"Hospitalizations are 70% below peak and below all pandemic triggers"

"We have transitioned from state of emergency to a long term public health concern"

"Also pushing for full FDA approval on the vaccines"

"Clearly the science shows the vaccines are effective, yet full approval is the biggest hurdle from getting the vaccine"

I live in the state of MD. Realize not all are in a position to catch COVID. Follow the guidelines that worked before the vaccine. Still follow them even if vaccinated.
Old 08-18-21, 03:20 PM   #8138
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah because they always mixing pediatric cancer patients and covid patients in the same ward. It's just musical hospital beds all the time according to whatever passes for reality to you.
ICU is ICU. That's reality.
Old 08-18-21, 05:11 PM   #8139
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
ICU is ICU. That's reality.
ICUs run 85+% full all the time unless the hospital likes losing money.

You ignored the link I provided showing live data from Texas that clearly shows that the media is lying on e again - hospitals there are *not* in a state of being overwhelmed, with the exception of a regional hospital that serves multiple rural areas - and such hospitals would be overwhelmed by a multi-car pileup on a good day, anyway. Oh, and look at COVID deaths, if nothing else - they're essentially zero through most of the summer and current incomplete data is nowhere near the expected seasonal peak last year...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210818-181336__01.jpg (86.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210818-181404__01.jpg (90.2 KB, 1 views)
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 05:16 PM   #8140
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post

You ignored the link I provided showing live data from Texas that clearly shows that the media is lying I've again - hospitals there are *not* in a state of being overwhelmed, with the exception of a regional hospital that serves multiple rural areas - and such hospitals would be overwhelmed by a multi-car pileup on a good day, anyway.
It also depends on which day it is and which month it is.

Monday is the quiet day on an ICU
While Friday and Saturday is the busiest

Then there is the months where an ICU are busiest and if I remember correctly it is June, July Aug, Dec. and Jan.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 05:33 PM   #8141
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post

You ignored the link I provided showing live data from Texas that clearly shows that the media is lying on e again - hospitals there are *not* in a state of being overwhelmed, with the exception of a regional hospital that serves multiple rural areas - and such hospitals would be overwhelmed by a multi-car pileup on a good day, anyway. Oh, and look at COVID deaths, if nothing else - they're essentially zero through most of the summer and current incomplete data is nowhere near the expected seasonal peak last year...
I didn't ignore anything. I just gave it the credence it actually deserved, given your own ignoring of what trend it is actually indicating.
Old 08-19-21, 04:12 AM   #8142
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Doc Puts His Foot Down on the Unvaccinated

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/94103

Old 08-19-21, 08:59 AM   #8143
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Pure political posturing. Waiting for months to put it into effect months is kinda like installing anti-torpedo nets at Pearl Harbor on December 8th 1941. If there was a real concern it would be effective immediately not after the Delta surge has expended itself.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 10:45 AM   #8144
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Why won’t the US medical establishment “believe women”? Covid-19 vaccines do not warn about menstrual disruption

MARCIE SMITH PARENTI·AUGUST 13, 2021

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/08/13/c...al-disruption/

Quote:
… Spare a thought for the tens of thousands of women undergoing expensive, invasive fertility treatments like egg retrieval and in vitro fertilization. According to Pew Research, about one third of all American women will undergo fertility treatment at some point. Most health insurance plans do not cover these difficult procedures, so many women pay out-of-pocket, sometimes dropping tens of thousands of dollars. Surely such female medical consumers have a right to know if an mRNA vaccine can trigger, for example, spontaneous prolonged bleeding that disrupts their reproductive efforts.

Covid-19 is a real and potentially lethal virus. I do not need to be convinced of this. And I understand that any healthy society has the right to protect itself, and relatedly, to regulate its members. I have empathy for public officials charged with weighing competing interests and having to make difficult calls in navigating this crisis. Even more, I empathize with American families doing their very best to protect themselves, their loved ones, and their communities, often in the face of profound and disorienting loss.

But it is also true that members of any healthy society have the right to demand that such regulations be based on trustworthy evidence and moral reason; and where such regulations implicate fundamental liberties, to demand that they are no more invasive than absolutely necessary.

The severity of COVID-19 does not negate women’s need for a rigorous and trustworthy scientific appraisal of the benefits and risks they face if they accept a COVID-19 vaccine.

Women deserve an immediate and thorough investigation into reports of post-vaccine menstrual dysregulation, clear and honest explanations of the findings, medical guidance for restoring menstrual health, restitution where necessary, a redoubled commitment to the principle of informed consent moving forward, and (like everyone else) access to reasonable, clearly-communicated, non-punitive accommodations if they decline a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.

Instead, women concerned about the health effects of Covid-19 vaccines have been subjected to 1950’s-style dismissals and demonization in blatantly sexist terms that stand at odds with #MeToo era calls to “believe women.”

They now face the prospect of being barred from their educational institutions, prohibited from entering public accommodations, and losing their jobs unless they “choose” a medical therapy that has not even been fully approved by the Food & Drug Administration, which has left more than an insignificant number of their friends and loved ones struggling, alone, with surprise menstrual side effects, against which pharmaceutical industries enjoy a complete, multi-layered liability shield.

From a purely bioethical standpoint, this situation should be enough to give us pause, from those concerned with women’s health; to those concerned about fundamental civil liberties like the right to privacy, equal protection, free association, and free speech; to those concerned about fighting “vaccine hesitancy”; to those concerned about the continued (yet threatened) legitimacy of foundational U.S. institutions. But it seems many in our political class only care about or understand the DC horse race. So let us put it in those terms: this issue will show up in 2022.

Zero published studies on the effects of Covid vaccines on women’s reproductive systems

By early spring 2021, anecdotal testimonies of sudden, early, disturbingly prolonged, abruptly absent, extremely painful, or unusually heavy and clot-filled menstrual cycles post-Covid 19 vaccination were circulating on social media. By May 17th, the UK’s Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency had received 4,000 reports of post-vaccine menstruation disruption. By early July, that agency had received 13,000 such reports. Similar reports emerged from other countries like Canada and India.

In the U.S., adverse reactions to vaccines are tracked by the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which was created in 1987 and is co-managed by the FDA and the CDC. As of July 26, VAERS showed many thousands of reports of various menstruation disorders, most related to mRNA Covid-19 vaccines.

There had been 1,624 reports of “menstruation irregular” logged; 1,352 reports of “menstrual disorder”; 563 reports of “menstruation delayed”; 803 reports of “vaginal hemorrhaging”; 239 reports of “postmenopausal hemorrhage”; 95 reports of “hemorrhage urinary tract”; 57 reports of “abnormal uterine bleeding”; and 41 reports of “hemorrhage in pregnancy.” Even more seriously, there were 691 reports of “abortion spontaneous”; 88 reports of “fetal death”; and 25 reports of “stillbirth.” The CDC claims rates of miscarriage by vaccinated women is within the normal range.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 11:09 AM   #8145
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

There may have been 1600+ reports on such cases. Fine.

There also have been 38+ million known corona cases in the US, 640+ thousand deaths, there has been a US health system on the brink of total collapse and hospitals overcrowded with patients and stocks out of supply, and any of the many Covid informations sites tell me that right now while I type this, yesterday or today, there are 40+ thousand US citizens seriously enough ill from Covid that they have to stay in hospital.

The pandemic did not last since just yesterday or today, but since late January last year or so. 500-600 days.

You drive a car? You fasten the seatbelt. Over here at least, it even is mandatory, and the state violates precious freedom rights by enforcing it and not asking whether drivers want that or not. Does not protect you from having accidents, you are still free to even intentionally drive against a wall. But it prevents you from flying through the windshield in case you have that accident, wanted or not, your fault or the others. Bad news is, you can still break your ribs or collarbone. But isnt that better than to crack open your head, break your neck and cut your arteries and bleed to death?

Fasten seatbelts. Get a jab.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan