SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-11, 07:50 PM   #8116
holymans
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Nevermind..my problem was resolved. I completely removed the game and all mods, installed it and re-downloaded the mod. Working like a charm! Great work! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymans View Post

I recently reinstalled SH5 (v.1.2.0) on Windows XP SP3 to give it another go..was disappointed when it had come out. After completing the tutorial mission and docking in Kiel, I used the JSGME and added the NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith mod (with patch 1). After adding the mod, I can see all the menu options and additional features, but for some reason I cannot choose my mission when at base..it does not show up on map when the guy gives me the overview of the story/next targets. When I ask to leave on patrol, the guy tells me "Are you sure you want to start a new patrol without choosing a mission?". These mission targets show up upon removing the mod. I don't have any other mods installed.

Thank you for your help.
holymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 09:27 PM   #8117
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
just noticed a major bug in the destroyed marks. When a destroyed mark is created it was also creating a new nav fix (if real nav was enabled)
I just noticed this yesterday as I was making v6.9.0. Thanks for the report though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW!

I´m very glad that you like my suggestion!

Another question is in this context, can we have a new UserOption, for example:

"Is SOAN/Charts enable (tab showing) at Game/Savegame Start (Yes/No)"

If yes, then I always see at the left side on the screen the Tab from charts and SOAN and I can easy it dragged in to the middle of the screen and then I can click on the name of the identified unit and SOAN flip to the correct unit!
I have a better idea:

A new user option has been added to v6.9.0: AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit

This user option has been added to the SOAN tab in the user option's editor/viewer app

If WEPS identifies the target and this new user option is True then:
- charts are enabled if not already
- SOAN is set to the unit
- SOAN is opened

You will still have to drag SOAN from the left side of the screen if it isn't already out on the screen

I'm thinking about adding another new user option. This user option will automatically enable charts when entering a scope station (periscope, obs scope, UZO)

EDIT:

added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO).
Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)

I find this new user option above handy

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-05-11 at 09:49 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 11:52 PM   #8118
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v6.9.0 test 2 available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20965...ith_Test_2_zip

This has to be enabled after v6.8.0. Say yes to all conflicts in JSGME

NOTE: backup your ship's journal before enabling this! I haven't finalized v7 of the ship's journal format yet

v6.9.0 - (Real nav only) fixed bug of when destroyed mark was created a new nav fix was also created
- (Real nav only) all marks no longer show nautical time and GMT time. They show the time the digital clock mode is set to (Naut or GMT)
- (Real nav only) changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will automatically update all marks with new timestamp
- Changing digital clock mode (Naut or GMT) will change the timestamps in the messagebox and the ship's journal
- Ship's journal current version is now v7
- While editing a mark the ability to switch clock mode (Naut or GMT) is disabled
- added a new user option. This user option will control the auto enabling of the charts and opening SOAN to identified unit upon WEPS-->Torpedo attack-->Ship identification order given. Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit)
- added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)
- revised Ship's journal viewer app to new ship journal version (v7)
- revised TDWSOAN.DLL for support of new user option AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit
- (Real nav only) added more debug output at game start when all the marks are created to try and figure out why some users marks don't show until a kill is made
- added more debug output to SOAN to try and figure out why some users Additional info button on SOAN doesn't work
- fixed bugs in OptionsFileEditorViewer app relating to culture specifics

Old 11-06-11, 12:22 AM   #8119
ZL2BMH
Watch

Downloads: 16
Default latest mods

Thank you TDW. Your work and dedication is simply amazing, Eoweth told me about the work you have done and I am pleased to say, as a novice, I have all your mods, which I'm really thankful for.

Regards,
Zl2bmh
ZL2BMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 04:38 AM   #8120
torr
Nub

Downloads: 6

Hi TDW
This patch 6.9.0 repair bug Editor(culture specific - "Invalid entry found.MIN value not a float Line read was #VALUES=MIN|0.0 @ line number 110."
) - successfly

I have W7 - 64bit - lang Czech

THX
torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 05:19 AM   #8121
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

I have a better idea:

A new user option has been added to v6.9.0: AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit

This user option has been added to the SOAN tab in the user option's editor/viewer app

If WEPS identifies the target and this new user option is True then:
- charts are enabled if not already
- SOAN is set to the unit
- SOAN is opened

You will still have to drag SOAN from the left side of the screen if it isn't already out on the screen

I'm thinking about adding another new user option. This user option will automatically enable charts when entering a scope station (periscope, obs scope, UZO)

EDIT:

added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO).
Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)

I find this new user option above handy
Hi TDW!

Wonderful news, that´s exactly what I want!!!

Can I enable v6.9.0 test2 during Mid-Patrol or only in bunker/port?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 11-06-11, 05:21 AM   #8122
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Default @ TDW

This is deeeeep...

(NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Dials\German\met ric\briklebritt)
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 05:23 AM   #8123
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
- added a new user option. This user option will control the auto enabling of the charts and opening SOAN to identified unit upon WEPS-->Torpedo attack-->Ship identification order given. Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOpenSOANToIdentifiedUnit)

- added a new user option. This user option will control the enabling of the charts upon entering a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoEnableChartsOnScopeStation)
Can I set both new UserOptions to "True" at the same time? Or must one of the new UserOptions set to "False" (when the other is set to true)?
Old 11-06-11, 05:26 AM   #8124
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
This is deeeeep...

(NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Dials\German\met ric\briklebritt)
I think "KM" is the short for "Kriegsmarine" (german word for Navy), not for "Kilometers"!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 11-06-11, 08:11 AM   #8125
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi TDW!

Wonderful news, that´s exactly what I want!!!

Can I enable v6.9.0 test2 during Mid-Patrol or only in bunker/port?

Best regards,
Magic
I don't see why you can't at anytime. The ship's journal is now at v7 format so it will automatically convert your old journal to the new version. Nothing has changed that impacts a campaign. All the changes are cosmetic in nature (to the game). Yes, you should be fine

Quote:
Can I set both new UserOptions to "True" at the same time? Or must one of the new UserOptions set to "False" (when the other is set to true)?
Yes you can Do you think I need another new user option that automatically disables the charts when you leave a scope station (like I did for the periscopes by having them automatically lower)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torr View Post
Hi TDW
This patch 6.9.0 repair bug Editor(culture specific - "Invalid entry found.MIN value not a float Line read was #VALUES=MIN|0.0 @ line number 110."
) - successfly
Thanks for the report Can you do a little test for me? Find any value that is a float (has a decimal point) and change it's value. I recommend using the most fuel efficient speed (under the Fuel tab). Change it's value to say 10 and save the change (File-->Save). Close the app. Reopen the app and open your options file and ensure there are no errors while it's opening it.
Did you notice that I fixed the app in the regards that it shows numerical formatting in your specific culture? For Europeans this means the American symbol for denoting decimal places (.) now shows the correct symbol for you all (,)

EDIT:

- added a new user option. This user option will control the disabling of the charts when leaving a scope station (attack, obs, or UZO). Default value is disabled (False) (AutoDisableChartsOnScopeStationLeave)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-06-11 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-06-11, 08:38 AM   #8126
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
I think "KM" is the short for "Kriegsmarine" (german word for Navy), not for "Kilometers"!

Best regards,
Magic
Still. Isn't it a bit confusing?
I'm not sure if die Marine used such an abbreviation like 'KM'?
On dials?
Someone?
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 09:06 AM   #8127
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdesign View Post
Third issue
the t time parameter value for waiting on the execution of the next automation call is doubled
i.e
Code:
Report_position_deadreckoning,0,0,0,0,0,0,300
Loop,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0
Should invoke a looped dead reckon fix every 5 minutes. But it is invoked every 10 minutes.
Ok update on the last issue, after having a closer look into the TheDarkWraithAutomation.py it's now clear how the loop command is handled and just adding a simple
Wait,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
at the beginning of the commands list will clear the additional wait time that was taken over into the next Loop.
This really irked me as that is not how it's supposed to be working (you shouldn't have to add another command to make it work correctly). Upon looking back over my Automation code I saw a big fat error in the Update method dealing with the loop command. That error tells me why you were having to do this. When the loop command was encountered it was automatically setting the command index to 0 AND then setting the timer to command 0's wait time That is incorrect. I've changed the code to do what I intended it to do.
This change results in the loop command now having a t time that can be specified and it being the ONLY command who's t time is used when it's the last command (all other commands t time is ignored when they are the last command).
Now when a loop command is encountered the Update method will set the timer to the loop command's t time then it will update the command index to 0 (first command). That is how it was supposed to be working all this time.

I've updated Automation's documentation to reflect this:

; Loop,x,0,0,0,0,0,t - loop this automation script x times before stopping. If x = -1 then it will loop forever until stopped by user. NOTE: if this is the last command it's t time WILL be considered

Looking into Report_position_celestial within a Script running at TC>128 causing exceptions now
Old 11-06-11, 09:11 AM   #8128
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

I made a quick test with the new mod version, the OptionsFileEditor works now (didn't work before) and I also got the "Additional Info" in SOAN. Thanks!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 09:13 AM   #8129
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
I made a quick test with the new mod version, the OptionsFileEditor works now (didn't work before) and I also got the "Additional Info" in SOAN. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback Still not sure why the additional info wasn't working for you before. All I did was add more debug output to it so I could possibly see what was going on.
Old 11-06-11, 09:58 AM   #8130
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdesign View Post
Second issue:
Calls on Report_position_celestial within a Script running at TC>128 raise an exception and stops script execution.
No DbgView entry when execption is thrown.
Below is the DebugScript output:
this was a hard one to figure out I see why it does this now and it's because of my error. When I'm grabbing the weather info there's a chance that it could try to read a journal entry that it's not supposed to read (incorrect journal entry type). I will correct this

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui