SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-11, 06:08 PM   #8086
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdesign View Post
Hi TDW
having 3 issues with Automatation here. First of all Patch1 is applied.

First issue:
Previous activated automation Scripts are not loaded with saved game.
Having a look into DbgView output while loading a saved game
Code:
[7560] Page Automation.StartPreviousActivatedScripts: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\ActiveAutomationScripts.TDW doesn't exist!
so inspecting DbgView output at saving the game there no function call on creating/updating the above mentioned file.

Second issue:
Calls on Report_position_celestial within a Script running at TC>128 raise an exception and stops script execution.
No DbgView entry when execption is thrown.

From my readings of the last days, you're using DLL injection to invoke the function calls. So I'm using the Steam Version and that might be the case.

Third issue
the t time parameter value for waiting on the execution of the next automation call is doubled
i.e
Code:
Report_position_deadreckoning,0,0,0,0,0,0,300
Loop,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0
Should invoke a looped dead reckon fix every 5 minutes. But it is invoked every 10 minutes.
Ok update on the last issue, after having a closer look into the TheDarkWraithAutomation.py it's now clear how the loop command is handled and just adding a simple
Wait,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
at the beginning of the commands list will clear the additional wait time that was taken over into the next Loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zs4zet View Post
Hi!

I found a bug:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Zs4zet/...95696725814498

Normally is good, generally (always) good with the teleport function.
If I shoot the deck gun, and I was in the optic of cannon before the teleport /as in picture/) and I teleport to bridge, or uzo, after teleport back to deck gun I get often this picture.
If I not shoot the cannon, and teleport out and in, then not (is correct). I get picture always after the shoot with the deck gun, and after teleport (from optic view), and back teleport (to optic of cannon)
I'm looking into these reports along with the supermarks and destroyed marks not showing immediately upon save game load

As far as the previous automation scripts not starting, is the path shown to the file the path to your SH5 folder? I read this value from your system's registry. If what the registry tells me is different from where the actual location of SH5 is then it will never work.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:11 PM   #8087
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Made a new journal for new campaign. Started a new test campaign (Total Germany). Made some supermarks on the way out of the harbor. Went over to the east coast of Britain and sunk 5 warships (that was all I could find ). Saved game. Was back in main menu. Loaded previously saved game. All supermarks and destroyed marks appeared instantly like they should. Exited game to desktop. Restarted game and loaded previously saved game. All supermarks and destroyed marks appeared instantly like they should. I can't reproduce this 'bug' that some users reported of where the supermarks/destroyed marks don't show on save game load until you destroy a unit How many of you are experiencing this 'bug'

@Trevally - additional info works for me in SOAN.

All ships sunk also were reported in my journal.

Only mod enabled was v6.8.1 of my UIs mod (the patch).

Looking into the other bugs/errors reported now.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-01-11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-01-11, 07:40 PM   #8088
Marduk11
Swabbie

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
If you have other mods installed remove them all except for the UIs mod. See if snorkel works. If it does then a mod is overwriting one of my modified GR2 files that makes the snorkel work. If it still doesn't work I'd like to see your .sns file that you removed the leading ;s from.
Thank you so much, I do have quite the Mod Soup so I'll strip it and as you suggest.
Again Thank You So Much!!
Marduk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 10:08 PM   #8089
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
How many of you are experiencing this 'bug'
You can see it happen here:

Watch the message box as he sinks the destroyer, all his previous kills show up at that point.

At into the video you can see he shows no kills near Amsterdam even though the last time he played that save game there was like 8 kills in that harbor. However if you check the map at , after the destroyer kill, you'll see the map has now populated with all his previous saved game kills.

I'm fairly certain that he didn't choose a specific Ships Journal from the main menu however and not sure that he's exiting to Main Menu and saving the ships journal each time though, but that's the effect people are seeing.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 11:12 PM   #8090
Marduk11
Swabbie

Downloads: 181

Quote:
If you have other mods installed remove them all except for the UIs mod. See if snorkel works. If it does then a mod is overwriting one of my modified GR2 files that makes the snorkel work. If it still doesn't work I'd like to see your .sns file that you removed the leading ;s from.
Got it all up and working
Marduk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 02:22 AM   #8091
Zs4zet
Bosun

Downloads: 76

Hi TDW!

I learn the manual targeting from tutorial, at earlier version (6.5) and at the script 2. starting significantly crashed.

Now I like to learning the RAOBF from tutorial. I saw, the the 6.8 is crashing... and now I prepare to crash, and start the dbgview.exe

If I like to back to previous message, I don't know, no prev button, than I press the stop button in RAOBF practice dialog, an stop button in Automation dialog. After press start button in Automation dialog. Crash immediately, or shortly.

The dbgview log write, at end of file:
00001939 1113.39587402 [3616] class AutomationScriptInFile(RAOBF_Practice).Start
00001940 1114.52893066 [2900] Entities.cpp (83): Process Message:
00001941 1114.52917480 [2900] Entities.cpp (114): OSI Ping
00001942 1114.52941895 [2900] Entities.cpp (123): succeeded
00001943 1127.66003418 [1020] ..\..\..\..\..\launcher\libcontrollers\src\launche r\controllers\OrbitGameFacade.cpp(405) : Game disconnected.
00001944 1127.66027832 [2900] SH_ServerOrbitProtocol.cpp (111): Failed to read packet from client.

This is easy to repeat... at every second starting of script comming soon...
Zs4zet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 02:53 AM   #8092
Zs4zet
Bosun

Downloads: 76

And a another standard teleport symptom:

After I load the saved game. I'm in the bridge. I teleport to any periscope and beginning the astral voyage (levitation top of the sub). This happens always.
If I walk to the station (attach periscope, deckgun, flack) after the program sense myself, and working the teleport correctly (except previously deckgun bug).

The another face of this bug:
(After loading) I'm walking, after teleport to periscope, this already ok, but after I press Esc button I found myself the bridge.

I think, the program after of loading don't initialize the captain position, or was not saved the position? because after I arrive the first location (deckgun, attach periscope etc.) the program know it, and after work correctly.
Zs4zet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 02:16 PM   #8093
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
@Trevally - additional info works for me in SOAN.
Thanks TDW - I must have an error my side
Old 11-02-11, 06:44 PM   #8094
holymans
Swabbie

Downloads: 28

Thanks TDW for looking into this issue. Is there anything that I can send to you from my end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymans View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently reinstalled SH5 (v.1.2.0) on Windows XP SP3 to give it another go..was disappointed when it had come out. After completing the tutorial mission and docking in Kiel, I used the JSGME and added the NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith mod (with patch 1). After adding the mod, I can see all the menu options and additional features, but for some reason I cannot choose my mission when at base..it does not show up on map when the guy gives me the overview of the story/next targets. When I ask to leave on patrol, the guy tells me "Are you sure you want to start a new patrol without choosing a mission?". These mission targets show up upon removing the mod. I don't have any other mods installed.

My specs Intel 2.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB VRAM.

Sorry if this has been answered already;I have tried searching the forum for the following, but could not find meaningful results.

Thank you for your help.
holymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 03:40 PM   #8095
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi TDW!

Is it possible in the next version of UI MOD, when I click with Mouse cursor on the enemy Ship Name in Periscope (after the ship is from my Officer identified), that SOAN open directly on the right ship page? Currently I must after identified the ship manually search it in SOAN (click through the pages from SOAN to find the correct ship).

I think you as an "old" SH3 Modder (RB) you know this from SH3. When I click in SH3 on enemy ship name, the SOAN open directly the correct pages with the right ship!

You know what I mean?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 11-04-11, 04:56 PM   #8096
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW!

Is it possible in the next version of UI MOD, when I click with Mouse cursor on the enemy Ship Name in Periscope (after the ship is from my Officer identified), that SOAN open directly on the right ship page? Currently I must after identified the ship manually search it in SOAN (click through the pages from SOAN to find the correct ship).

I think you as an "old" SH3 Modder (RB) you know this from SH3. When I click in SH3 on enemy ship name, the SOAN open directly the correct pages with the right ship!

You know what I mean?

Best regards,
Magic
Excellent idea. Should be able to implement
Old 11-04-11, 06:20 PM   #8097
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

That's great, I'd love to see that in the next version.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 07:38 PM   #8098
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW!

Let's discuss how this is going to work. If SOAN is not open then I'm going to do nothing. If SOAN is open then I will have it 'flip' to the correct unit.

Now there's one tricky part to this: I can only get the name of the identified unit if you are in a scope view. Thus another stipulation is you have to be in a scope view for it to automatically 'flip' to correct unit.

Now we'll see if I can make this work
Old 11-04-11, 10:17 PM   #8099
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

That sounds perfectly reasonable however I might even have it automatically open the SOAN (well, Charts and SOAN) then pick the page since you won't ID a ship unless you wanted to look it up in the SOAN, right? Otherwise you'll ID it, forgot to have opened the SOAN first, then have to manually look it up - exactly what we wanted to avoid.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 10:24 PM   #8100
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
That sounds perfectly reasonable however I might even have it automatically open the SOAN (well, Charts and SOAN) then pick the page since you won't ID a ship unless you wanted to look it up in the SOAN, right? Otherwise you'll ID it, forgot to have opened the SOAN first, then have to manually look it up - exactly what we wanted to avoid.
This is reasonable. There is only one small problem: what if SOAN is closed and dragged off to the left of the screen with only it's tab showing? I can have it 'open' itself but you'll still have to drag it out from the left side of the screen.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui