Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-21, 03:36 PM   #8041
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Could it be people who have not been vaccinated turn into zombies? Or have been all the time?
No, I think they have been zombies already before and that is why they reject the vaccine.
Old 08-11-21, 05:15 PM   #8042
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

There is those who feel ok but infect others with Corona. Called something with symptomatic.. This have been among the unvaccinated.

How about the vaccinated how likely is it that a fully vaccinated is symptomatic
Of course will this person not go and take a test because the person is fully vaccinated and feel ok.

I think there is and these people infect vaccinated and non vaccinated.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 05:42 PM   #8043
Skybird
Soaring

There are places with rule schemes where vaccinated holiday returners must nevertheless test. Which is logical only.

Vaccination does not protect against getting infected and thus being infectous for others for some time. The vaccines all have a high effectiveness against needing hospitalization. Their effectiveness against getting infected in the first, is still valid and a given, but is clearly smaller.
Seat belts do not protect against having accidents. They protect against flying through the windshield if accident happens. Headrests do not preotect against accidents. They only help against breaking your neck if you happen to have an accident. Corona vaccines do not 100% protect against infection, they help against hospitalization if you happen to get infected.
Old 08-11-21, 05:52 PM   #8044
Skybird
Soaring

This sucker makes his parents proud - not.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/11/e...ntl/index.html

I hope he gets it, and hard. Some simply deserve it.
Old 08-12-21, 07:42 AM   #8045
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:57 AM   #8046
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

When politics comes before peoples health

Quote:
Eight months after Iran banned imports of any vaccines developed in the United States or the United Kingdom, the country is in the grips of its deadliest coronavirus surge yet, prompting criticism of the government for prioritizing politics over public health.
https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=79406699

Markus

Old 08-12-21, 12:20 PM   #8047
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 12:58 PM   #8048
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Since first Covid-19 case I have read and heard a lot about people suffering from extra sickness due to the covid-19 infection.

Does the flu do the same ? Give extra sickness to those who had been infected by it ?

Extra sickness is NOT the correct word I just can't remember the correct word.

Markus

Old 08-12-21, 01:19 PM   #8049
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Dr you know who (starts with an F) just said that all Americans will need a third booster shot at some time in the future.

They can't even get everyone to take one shot much less two shots and now they want to make it mandatory for a third Covid shot.

But if they are successful would the data then show that not taking any shot or just one shot doesn't pan out in the data on which people are being admitted to the hospital or even dying. The odds are in the favor of the people that got all three shots.

Then the shots would be worth it in the end no matter what the side effects are.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 01:55 PM   #8050
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

In the middle of July there were less than 40 Danish people in the hospital some of them was in ICU and a few in respirator.

Today the number has rosen to 113 whereof 43% is people under the age 30
In January 2021 the percentage was then 10 %.

The same is also happening in USA the percentage of young people getting severe ill from Covid-19 is on the rise

Markus

Old 08-12-21, 04:21 PM   #8051
Skybird
Soaring

Those German states where summer holidays already have ended, see a clear time link between returning vaccation travellers and school kids, and raising incidence rates. Affected is in general the age group I think 14 to I think 40 or mid-40s. What is alarming is that the number of even younger kids developing Long Covid symptoms, is mounting. But in general the hospitalization rate currently is much more relaxed than last year at this time. The vaccination rate in Germany currently was suspected to be higher than official counted, which has it at avalue of over 56% with full protection (2 jabs). But it could be more, far beyond 60%, these new calculations show.

All this raised incidenc most likely is due to increasing testing done with all the returnees, and infections being caught up in holiday, and the more intense social contacts of younger people.

Affected in these groups described are predominantly unvaccinated people.

Trend in Germany goes for an end of free PCR tests in Octobre. And in the forseeable future, cheaper quick antigen tests will not get you anywhere anymore at all. They are too erratic and unreliable anyway. The incidence rate criterion is to be beefed up since a higher incidence with a higher vaccination rate in the population nevertheless could mean less trouble for the health system and the ICU activity. As somebody put it: with a high enough vaccination rate, a new incidence rate of 200 may compare to an older rate of 50. Infections and pandemics not knocking people out, not overflooding the health system and ICUs, not causing many cases of Long Covid syndromes, and not eroding the workforce pool due to illness and/or quarantine, are not that big a problem anymore.

Precondition: a reaching and maintaining of a sufficient vaccination level with vaccines effective against the actual strains circulating.

And then it may become true one day maybe: that we can start living with Covid-19 like we live with the seasonal flu: not nice if you get it, but for most people of not high ages usually not a lasting issue.

Precondition for this scenario: that people get vaccinated.

I think a better scenario we probably will not get.
Old 08-12-21, 04:23 PM   #8052
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

I didn't get the jab until recently. It was after all the States opened up and the Delta was spreading that I went for the first shot.
I was on Vacation in several States over a 10 day period and saw SO MANY people crowding around with no masks and I knew there was NO WAY ALL were vaccinated!

Told my Wife then that it was gonna get bad again.
I'll risk the shots and take boosters if need be.
The odds are changing for the bad if not vaccinated from what I see.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 04:41 PM   #8053
Skybird
Soaring

^ Reasonable risk assessment in action. The risk from the jab statistically is so ver ymuch smaller than from tkaing on the virus ionce it met you and gave you the hug.

Just consider the time factor, you do not have much protection against delta after one jab, and take 2 more weeks after the second before you get the best effect that is in for you. If you just got the first jab, you are on risky grounds for another 6-8 weeks, that means.

-----

My parents drive me crazy. They did all I told them with nutrients and supplements and Vit-D and all that stuff I mentioned in the forum, they did it all and still take it and are happy that both lost health issues accompanying them since many years. It did good for them, no doubt, like for me. But they stubbornly believe in all those conspiracy theories, and turned into full mode addicts for this sectarian madness stuff, i cannot get them to get vaccinated. They are mid and end 70, highly vulnerable. We never had battles with each other all our lives long, we had a very close relationship all the time, always stayed close, sworn-in family (I am 54). But this year, already last year from summer on when the vaccines arrived, we had some very bitter and harsh battles, and social conditions in family definitely have changed for the worse. Its heart-breaking, and at the same time I am furious, and clueless on what else to do. I leave them mostly alone, visit on phone or video only, only rarely in person. Which again they take queer. But my vaccination does not mean I could not infect others. If I am the one bringing in the plague that kills them, how should I live with that for the years I have left? I could never forgive myself that.

You see, this also explains, on a personal level, why I am so bitterly angry at antivaccers and their endless drivel. They had an impact on the relation between me and my parents, and its a terribly negative one. I will never forgive them that, I love my parents and owe them so much more than most people know. Its heartbreaking at times now. Because of drivel-talkers and stupids who are too full of themselves. I will never forgive them.

At least I got them getting pumped up with Vitamine D and my father is free of his diabetes symptoms and medications, and reduced his cardiovascular support drugs as well, perplexing his doc, his blood values are okay nevertheless. Whether that is enough once the virus finds them (its not if, but when), remains to be seen, due to their age. I wokr on getting my father on even more Vit-D. He is at 53 mcgr Calcidiol with his last test, I would like to see him at my levels of mid-70s, and would noit mind if he goes even higher. Also I would like him to get more Q10 and much less Omega sixers and more Omega-threes.

At the same time they want their common normal - and really quite undemanding - life back. Which they will not without vaccination and code.

I think I can say with justification that I also see the other side in these debates, too. I just do not allow emotions to rule over reason and logic. But its not easy if you are personally affected by conflicts like this.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-12-21 at 04:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 05:38 PM   #8054
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

My Wife works in a retail store and is exposed on a MUCH greater level then I am. She still will not take the shots.

I told her that is her choice and another reason I am taking them.
I don't want to catch it if she should get infected.

Now I am fully aware I could still get it from her in a bad case scenario. But hopefully a less sever case of it.

In the mean time? I'm checking out dating sites.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 05:44 PM   #8055
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
My Wife works in a retail store and is exposed on a MUCH greater level then I am. She still will not take the shots.

I told her that is her choice and another reason I am taking them.
I don't want to catch it if she should get infected.

Now I am fully aware I could still get it from her in a bad case scenario. But hopefully a less sever case of it.

In the mean time? I'm checking out dating sites.
Have you asked her why she wouldn't take the shot ?

The only person I know who are not going to take the shot is my 80 year old mom.
Beside that I have only read about people rejecting the jab and their reason is many..sadly many is based on conspiracy. There is also those who based it on facts.

Markus

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan