Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-22, 10:07 AM   #8026
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Union of Ukraine, Great Britain and Poland will not replace NATO in protection of Kyiv, - Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland urges Ukrainians to avoid excessive expectations from the tripartite political union of Ukraine with Great Britain and Poland.

Polish Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcin Pshidach said this during a discussion at the Ukrainian Central European Forum in Lviv, Censor.NET reports with reference to European Truth.

Pshidach emphasized that the purpose of the union, the creation of which London, Kyiv and Warsaw announced at the beginning of the year, is not to change the security structure, and similar expectations from it in Ukraine have no basis.

"Let's be honest, now there is only one alliance in the world capable of protecting Ukraine. This alliance is NATO," he said.

The deputy minister emphasized that this does not diminish the importance of a political union with the participation of Great Britain. "As for the tripartite alliance, its future is bright, but I ask you not to look for it as a substitute for what already exists on the part of NATO," the representative of Poland emphasized.

The deputy head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Yevhen Perebiynys, who participated in the discussion, said that he agreed with his colleague's assessment and that Ukraine intends to develop a tripartite alliance, which, despite the fact that it is not a substitute for NATO, is important for the fight against Russian aggression. "We have already launched this format of cooperation at the level of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and hope to raise it to the level of leaders," he added.

It will be recalled that the tripartite format of cooperation was established shortly before the start of a full-scale war. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3378837

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-07-22, 10:27 AM   #8027
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russians launched ship with eight Kalibrs into Black Sea

The invaders strengthened their group of three ships in the Black Sea with a missile carrier with eight Kalibrs.

As Censor.NET informs, this was announced by the spokesman of the operational command "South" Vladyslav Nazarov.

As Vladyslav Nazarov commented on the situation as of 10:00 a.m. on November 7, in the Black Sea, the enemy strengthened a group of three ships with an additional missile carrier equipped with eight Kalibrs. However, in a stormy sea, all ships keep near the southern Crimean coast - away from Ukrainian weapons and closer to the bases.

Also, the spokesman of the operational command "South" noted that the stormy weather increased the mine danger, but this is more related to the removal of mines to the edge of the water. The functioning of the grain corridors continues in accordance with the schedule coordinated by the Istanbul Center. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3378851

Old 11-07-22, 10:42 AM   #8028
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine will receive another €3 billion in macro-financial assistance from EU by end of year

By the end of the year, the EU will provide Ukraine with another 3 billion euros of macro-financial assistance, which will amount to 6 billion of the planned package of 9 billion euros, which is intended to ensure the basic functions of public administration.

This was stated at a briefing in Brussels by the spokeswoman of the European Commission on economic and financial issues Verli Naitz, Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

"Out of the 9 billion package of emergency macro-financial assistance, we already allocated 1 billion in August of this year. In October, we paid out another 2 billion euros and another 3 billion euros will be allocated by the end of the year. This means that by the end of the year we will pay 6 billion out of 9 billion euros of an extraordinary package of macro-financial assistance for Ukraine," the spokeswoman said.

She reminded that at the beginning of the year, the EU also allocated 1.2 billion euros to Ukraine as an emergency macro-financial loan, so from the beginning of the war to the end of the current year, Ukraine will receive 7.2 billion euros of macro-financial assistance from the EU. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3378857

Old 11-07-22, 10:59 AM   #8029
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

NATO and EU are discussing possible negotiations with Russian Federation after liberation of Kherson by Ukraine, - La Repubblica

Closed consultations between Washington and Brussels envisage a short-term negotiating window with Russia, which may arise after Ukraine’s liberation of Kherson.

This is reported by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Censor.NET reports with reference to "European Truth".

Conversations circulating between NATO leaders and interlocutors with the EU are based on the assumption that Russian forces are now under pressure.

"They are not able to successfully respond to the Ukrainian offensive. Their response is defensively focused on the destruction of infrastructure - electricity, water, bridges, roads, the construction of a triple line of trenches and the use of natural barriers, such as the Dnipro River. The goal is to slow down the advance of Ukrainian troops "Kherson is not just a city: it is crucial for access to the sea and fundamental for control over water resources and river transport. Recapturing it would mean forever changing the direction of the conflict," the publication notes.

That is why a message is coming from the USA - via Brussels - which is also an invitation to the Ukrainian authorities: if and when Kherson is returned, then negotiations can begin. From a position of strength, not weakness.

It is noted that the White House for the first time began to hypothesize a specific path of this type. However, now, without Kherson, such a path is impossible.

"Also because starting negotiations at this stage would only mean giving the Moscow army time to reorganize. In short, some strategic cornerstones must first be fixed," the publication notes.

Moreover, there are two fundamental aspects that the US administration emphasizes in its daily exchanges with NATO allies. The first concerns the Russian threat of using tactical nuclear bombs. While this is considered a form of containment that is not currently active, it is still a risk that should be avoided. Also because, in such a case, not only would a large-scale response with the use of conventional weapons be almost inevitable, but it would also be difficult to contain the nervousness of some allies, such as the Poles, who are now the EU partner closest to Washington militarily.

Another problem concerns relations with China. "With the loss of Kherson, the crisis of the former Red Army will become obvious. For the United States at this point, the total defeat of Putin would have a worse outcome: handing over control of Russia to China. It would be like jumping from fire to fire. Therefore, it is better to have an enemy leader , with bruises, but independent of Beijing," the publication notes. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3378879

Old 11-07-22, 12:07 PM   #8030
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-07-22, 12:19 PM   #8031
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-07-22, 12:53 PM   #8032
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-07-22, 01:19 PM   #8033
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Yer a day late and a surmise short! We'll know for sure when China moves on Taiwan...in a carefully crafted two-front assault on the so-called World Order.That actually began with the unopposed takeover of Tibet in the '50's. It's a repeat of 1939; with a Sino-Soviet Axis against increasingly resolute Allies all over again. Everybody's got nukes...let's play and get this over with once and for all. At least a nuclear winter will resolve the global warming problem-if not the Covid Pandemic!??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I know China has a war games training going on or coming up, but it doesn't seem to have the components to invade. I assume we would know where China would be building invasion forces up, so where is this? I've been too worried about Putin pushing buttons and getting my early crops in to study the China issue. Ole Bear even helping me dig a deeper hole with my old John Deere. I do have a bunker actually but it's full of all my wife's junk and I'd rather get nuked than have to clean it out. I wonder when the nukes fly if she will finally admit she was wrong to use it as a junk she shed. Be nice to at least be told I was right once before I'm vaporized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Rule one of warfare: once the enemy is engaged the A plan changes...usually well past 'plan B'; obviously with the outspoken, suddenly peace-touting oligarch wallets(& megayachts) on the line(think: "greed is good" meets 'rubles is the sinews of war') who ever wrote that report better be a very high ranking FSB joe...or it's a one-way trip to an old gulag with a lonely woods for him...nerve agent or Makarov pistol round optional...Putin will not tolerate "loss of face" at this stage of the game. Even NeoNazi Jew, President Zelenski knew not to hold a peace conference in Belarus?!! The crematoriums on those Russian artillary trucks are working overtime; ultimately, Vlad the Bastard has to answer to a lot of babushka-moms with dead sons in Ukraine...Moreover the longer NATO "feeds the fight" the longer buddy Xi's equally greedy China will wait before the Commies' other shoe drops and Taiwan is invaded.
An admiral reads our posts!!?? https://www.jpost.com/international/article-721579
Quote:
The war in Ukraine is a prelude to greater military challenges to the US in the near future, and America is losing its competitive edge in nuclear weapons capabilities, US Strategic Command head Admiral Charles Richard warned in a speech at the Naval Submarine League's 2022 Annual Symposium & Industry Update on Wednesday, the US Defense Department reported.

"This Ukraine crisis that we're in right now, this is just the warmup," said Richard. "The big one is coming. And it isn't going to be very long before we're going to get tested in ways that we haven't been tested in a long time." China seeks to possess at least 1,000 deliverable warheads by the end of 2030, and Russia intends to deploy 1,550 START treaty-limited warheads on delivery vehicles.

"The People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the overall pacing challenge for US defense planning and a growing factor in evaluating our nuclear deterrent. The PRC has embarked on an ambitious expansion, modernization, and diversification of its nuclear forces and established a nascent nuclear triad." said the nuclear posture review. "Russia continues to emphasize nuclear weapons in its strategy, modernize and expand its nuclear forces, and brandish its nuclear weapons in support of its revisionist security policy."
Weirdly, Amerika unleashed the nuclear genii in 1945; and the enemy has caught up and is literally poised to "level the playing field" on the overheated, overpopulated, Covid-afflicted spinning mudball; Frankly, I'm awaiting the 1914 Sarajevo "shot" that sets the dystopian age in motion...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-07-22, 01:33 PM   #8034
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-07-22, 05:03 PM   #8035
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The satellite Internet service Starlink has shut down about 1300 terminals of the Ukrainian army, according to a report by "CNN". The reason for this is problems with the financing of the terminals of Tesla founder Elon Musk. A senior Pentagon official confirmed to "CNN" that negotiations are underway with Musk on who will pay for the costs and how: "Negotiations are in full swing. Everyone in our building knows we will pay them." Nevertheless, he said, Starlink has already shut down satellites.

The first outages on the Ukrainian front had already occurred on October 24, "CNN" further reports. The switched off terminals are 1300 devices, which were purchased in March through a British company and since then have been used for military operations.

I asssume Putin considers to thank him personally for his assistance in bringing down those nerve-killing satellite comm links, and in bringing extremists Republican candidates into power in the US.
Old 11-08-22, 12:34 AM   #8036
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The satellite Internet service Starlink has shut down about 1300 terminals of the Ukrainian army, according to a report by "CNN". The reason for this is problems with the financing of the terminals of Tesla founder Elon Musk. A senior Pentagon official confirmed to "CNN" that negotiations are underway with Musk on who will pay for the costs and how: "Negotiations are in full swing. Everyone in our building knows we will pay them." Nevertheless, he said, Starlink has already shut down satellites.

The first outages on the Ukrainian front had already occurred on October 24, "CNN" further reports. The switched off terminals are 1300 devices, which were purchased in March through a British company and since then have been used for military operations.

I asssume Putin considers to thank him personally for his assistance in bringing down those nerve-killing satellite comm links, and in bringing extremists Republican candidates into power in the US.
Yes let's bring Extremist, Washington youth that have no idea of anything but their parent's, basement,unlimited money for enjoyment.They fly an Sho,Shay across the world, But will they really step up and get a uniform on and get real life experience ? Will any of these Crusaders, in the name of Democracy be willing to give their lives for a Idea and a government till death do you part? Oh damn that used to be a saying between married people here in America.No more, If you have NHS you can change and become whatever butterfly your teacher believes you will become. Does it mean you get a free pass to lay around and get Fat.No NATO will have a place for you.Look history is being rewritten this moment just for you.It just depends on how much your family can pay. And don't think just because your Dad gave 5000.00 to the party you get an exemption.As the Americans would say, If you want the part stretch out on the couch. LOL it's good to be old. We have never stretched anywhere. You can take that to the Bank.

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-08-22 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-08-22, 01:28 AM   #8037
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Your a funny guy, Do you really think,Elon's satellites where for the poor.What do you think this whole network of satellites was for? Nothing that any Government on this planet does is for anything but for those who baske in the light of POWER,Oh it's 7:00 am your time. I'm still up, I can't wait to see how many Republican candidates make it into power.And it will not matter.The war must go on. Yes NATO will and their smartest brains. With more degrees than you have .Will fundamentally change the World.Just make sure your wearing your Ray Bans in the future. If i had 4 weeks this war would be over how would that happen. Common sense , And a call, bring your ass to the arena. It is time for those who want to lead, to show their worth and be willing to shed their blood.Take that suit off win and make us the people, Believers in you.Then again here in America it would be walk 50 paces turn and fire a 45.cal pistol. And someone would duck.There would be a ball shot or a head shot. And 15 democrats would attack only to find out.It was a Hollywood setup to begin with. and they were part of the green screen.

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-08-22 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-08-22, 01:50 AM   #8038
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Good grief Gorpet, you should calm down before you get a heart attack or worse!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 11-08-22, 06:16 AM   #8039
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia Pulls Commander in Ukraine Following Criticism Over Battlefield Losses

Russia removed a top military commander in Ukraine following criticism from some of President Vladimir Putin’s top allies over the officer’s responsibility for a recent chaotic retreat in the country’s northeast that underscored Russian weaknesses on the battlefield.

Col. Gen. Alexander Lapin, responsible for the Central Military District, Russia’s largest, was the last of Russia’s regional commanders still in place amid Moscow’s faltering invasion. It was unclear whether he had been suspended or removed from his post.

Gen. Lapin was the top Russian commander for a part of Ukraine’s northeast that Kyiv’s forces retook in a lightning offensive in September.

At the end of last month, Russian military correspondents had reported that the commander, who received the Hero of Russia award in June, had been dismissed after losing the critically important city of Lyman in Ukraine’s Donbas to Kyiv’s troops. Russian state news agency TASS reported last week that Maj. Gen. Alexander Linkov, a former subordinate in the central military district, had been appointed as acting commander to succeed Gen. Lapin.

Russia’s Ministry of Defense didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Western officials and analysts said the change in personnel is the latest attempt by Moscow to shift blame for the uncertain war effort away from Mr. Putin himself and top brass and on to lower commanders.

In October, following previous losses, Russia fired the commander of its Eastern Military District, Col. Gen. Alexander Chaiko. Gen. Aleksandr Dvornikov, who had been commander of all Russian forces in Ukraine, was also removed earlier in the year.

Other Russian officials have been rotated in and out as Moscow has remained on the back foot in part due to strategic blunders and a greater inflow of Western weapons into Ukraine.

“These dismissals represent a pattern of blame against senior Russian military commanders for failures to achieve Russian objectives on the battlefield,” the U.K. Ministry of Defense said recently. “This is in part likely an attempt to insulate and deflect blame from Russian senior leadership at home.”

The move also appears to underscore the growing influence of hawks close to Mr. Putin, including Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov and Wagner paramilitary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin, both of whom publicly lambasted Gen. Lapin following the retreat of his troops from some of Russia’s hardest won villages and towns in previous weeks.

“We need to change our tactics and our personnel now, not tomorrow,” Mr. Kadyrov wrote on his Telegram channel. Both Messrs. Kadyrov and Prigozhin have sent troops to the front as part of paramilitary structures that act with broad independence while coordinating with the army.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...8a6f18f5407f67

Old 11-08-22, 06:35 AM   #8040
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread