SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-21, 12:05 PM   #7951
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

I'm that one weird guy who gets their flu shot each year even if I hate the current president.

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 12:12 PM   #7952
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Those who refuse to get vaccinated are hurting those of us who have done the right thing and gotten vaccinated. Let us demand that businesses and government agencies require that anyone who enters their premises be vaccinated. The unvaccinated are putting us all at risk and destroying our economy. What gives them the right to do that?

We need to call out anyone we know who hasn’t gotten vaccinated and shame them into doing the right thing. I call on business leaders, public officials, the media and anyone who holds a position of influence to demand that this gets done. For everyone’s sake, we need to bring an end to this pandemic.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinio...nated-2411624/

Quote:
"Shaming adds to the hesitancy. We are not hurting the economy or those who are vaccinated or vulnerable. If the vaccinations and masks are so effective, why are there so many ”breakthrough“ cases being reported?

We still live in a free country, but that topic is for another discussion."
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinio...-work-2416286/

No one has ever been "insulted" into changing their mind.
Old 08-09-21, 12:30 PM   #7953
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
No one has ever been "insulted" into changing their mind.
Walking on eggshells to spare feelings doesn't seem to work, either.

Eventually you just decide to be blunt for the sake of third parties observing.

*ShruG*

But I love you all. Every single one of you. Just don't expect me to swap spit with you whether in public or private.

Subsim, baby. There's better things to dis-cuss here (maybe not as fun ... but better).

Carry on my wayward son .... there'll be peace when you are done.
Old 08-09-21, 12:31 PM   #7954
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
I'm that one weird guy who gets their flu shot each year even if I hate the current president.
No, not at all. I have never gotten the flu shot. It did not matter who was running the country.
Old 08-09-21, 12:33 PM   #7955
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 12:33 PM   #7956
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Walking on eggshells to spare feelings doesn't seem to work, either.

Eventually you just decide to be blunt for the sake of third parties observing.

*ShruG*

But I love you all. Every single one of you. Just don't expect me to swap spit with you whether in public or private.

Subsim, baby. There's better things to dis-cuss here (maybe not as fun ... but better).

Carry on my wayward son .... there'll be peace when you are done.
Aren't we all 3rd party observing? Swap spit. Oh the visuals.
Old 08-09-21, 12:36 PM   #7957
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yet another example of what is sadly becoming an ever increasing number.

Quote:
Covid vaccine refuser died after terrible mistake, says partner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-58080116

Old 08-09-21, 12:38 PM   #7958
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Aren't we all 3rd party observing? Swap spit. Oh the visuals.
The arguments (for those who believe they are making one/having one) are generally made in the ring of direct confrontation. The peanut gallery, however, may be there for the simple pleasure of observation (and may even be open to influence, one way or the other).

Without pictures we should be able to stomach it. Let me rephrase ... oh nevermind.
Old 08-09-21, 12:39 PM   #7959
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-09-21, 12:41 PM   #7960
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Daily COVID tracker. I use Worldometer https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

This is usually updated daily without fail. As of late, crickets. It is not updated. For such an upswing of cases one would think ALL states(USA) and countries would report with regularity. Where are the real daily figures because with Worldometer one can never tell if the outbreak is still climbing, peaked or on the downside.

Where do you all look for daily count?
Old 08-09-21, 12:42 PM   #7961
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The arguments (for those who believe they are making one/having one) are generally made in the ring of direct confrontation. The peanut gallery, however, may be there for the simple pleasure of observation (and may even be open to influence, one way or the other).

Without pictures we should be able to stomach it. Let me rephrase ... oh nevermind.
Old 08-09-21, 12:43 PM   #7962
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

Big Pharma are not to be trusted.
I know this because I used to work there.
What's the real reason those in charge are so desperate for every man, woman, child and baby to get these new “vaccines”?
The only modern “vaccines” whose manufacturers decided to forego the usual 10-15 years of safety trials required for all other vaccines.
Understandable if you only look at it from a profit perspective (they do) and disregard trivialities such as the potential for a global catastrophe.
After all, a Coronavirus Vaccine that could be proven safe in animal trials has always been beyond the reach of Medicine’s best and brightest.
Every time.
Until we had a scientific “miracle” of a Big Pharma cabal individually yet simultaneously transcending in a few months a barrier that the Global Medical Community hadn’t overcome in decades : A Coronavirus Vaccine that is “safe” in Humans.

Here’s a quote from Dr.Frazer, of the University of Queensland, which you can find in this article:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...razer/12146616

“One of the problems with corona vaccines in the past has been that when the immune response does cross over to where the virus-infected cells are, it actually increases the pathology rather than reducing it… So that immunization with SARS corona vaccine caused, in animals, inflammation in the lungs which wouldn’t otherwise have been there if the vaccine hadn’t been given.”

As recently as April last year you were allowed to say that without having your Medical License put in jeopardy as you would now.
Here’s one more quote:

“I think it would be fair to say even if we get something which looked quite encouraging in animals, the safety trials in humans will have to be fairly extensive before we would think about vaccinating a group of people who have not yet been exposed to the virus… They might hope to get protection but certainly wouldn’t be keen to accept a possibility of really serious side effects if they actually caught the virus.”

This was acceptable for a Doctor to say in April 2020, before the sudden creation of these new “vaccines”. Now saying it means you won’t even be *allowed* to be a Doctor. Or have a job or business at all, in any industry, for that matter. You may even be locked up.

What changed?

To make it worse, these vaccines have already begun “losing effectiveness” so rapidly that they are already coming out with “booster” shots, effectively preparing us for an indefinite chain of compulsory medical procedures that will be forced upon us all, or be banished from our communities, excluded from the economy and separated from our families.

This 2 years ago would have been unthinkable, now it is actually Government Policy in some of the most powerful Nations on Earth, with most others heading the same way.

In addition, there are new reports of side effects by the day, even reports of children dying of heart attacks and serious neurological disorders. In Europe alone over 2 million adverse reactions have been reported, with over half of them serious, along with over 20,000 deaths.
These reported incidents are likely only a fraction of all of those which have occurred. Let that sink in for a second. The FDA’s figures aren’t looking spectacular, either.
First 70% of the population needed to be vaccinated for “herd immunity”, then 80% and now it’s allegedly 100%.

I can’t begin to imagine why they would be reluctant – Sorry I forgot, nobody is reluctant, they must be “vaccine hesitant”.

Notice that Big Media all started parroting off that phrase at the same time?
Why would anyone take this risk knowing it would mean Political, if not literal, Suicide if their gamble fails?
Because if there’s no control group, there’s no proof.
They can lie and manipulate the statistics, as they already do, but it’s hard to hide millions of people who haven’t had their dose of the “safe vaccine” from the millions who may develop tumors, autoimmune diseases, neurological conditions and so on in 5, 10 or 15 years time.

Or perhaps next year. Nobody Knows.

If something goes wrong it needs to go wrong for everyone, except them and their families who wouldn’t even share the same room with a syringe filled with these substances. But a tiny control group like that isn’t evidence that the “vaccines” caused it .
We are. The millions of “unvaccinated”.

Nobody, myself included, *could* know, no matter who they are, because nobody can see into the future and the trials were simply not done. Covid wasn’t announced as an official pandemic until January last year. That was just over a year and a half ago. It’s impossible for anyone to state they know the long term effects – if we could do that without the trials we, of course, would do.

We can’t.
But we *can* look at what has happened in the past.
And that is my point.
The only thing we do know is this – They willingly, at the very least, took a criminally negligible risk with the lives of as many people on Earth as they could get these substances injected into.
They even locked them in their homes or stopped them leaving the country or getting an education just to force them to get it.
Now come Covid Passports.
A biosecurity state has already spread over most of the world, with the most backing coming from the countries that boast about being Freedom-Loving Liberal Democracies.
Maybe the side effects never materialize – Maybe they wipe out half of us in five years.
But they took that risk. With the lives of our children, even the ones yet to come in to the world, in addition to the ones that may never be conceived if infertility arises from this Crime.
They did it to save themselves, at the expense of the entire world.

I hope it makes a little bit more sense now why they need that vaccine in you and your loved ones so badly.

TLDR: All the ferrets died.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 12:45 PM   #7963
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Not even capable of pretending actual empathy for your fellow man given the screwing you're willing to do to others also affects you, your friends and your family. Rather sad and pathetic.
I see you chose to break apart my thought and ignore the important part of it - which is why would someone alter their behavior for covid when they didn't for flu or colds - contrary to what people have been led to believe, covid is not all that deadly for most people. As with flu, RSV, and other respiratory infections in the immunocompromised and the frail, opportunistic secondary bacterial infections are important contributing causes of death for those hospitalized with covid - and they're being completely ignored by most of the media when reporting. Then again, the media is terrible at reporting anything related to science topics

This isn't ebola or rabies, so we should have never acted like it is.

Quote:
Taking questioning to the point of questioning common sense isn't as impressive as you seem to think it comes across on the forum. You make claims of disproven evidence that you obviously never understood from the get go. I wouldn't strut that out so proudly if I were you.
Firstly, common sense isn't common. Secondly, when you question everything, it draws out data that were not considered to begin with or were thrown away by people who did not consider them in context. Much of my professional activities consist of questioning of data, conclusions, and decisions. More often than not, my questions result in rework - many times leading to changes to initial decisions.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 01:01 PM   #7964
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I see you chose to break apart my thought and ignore the important part of it - which is why would someone alter their behavior for covid when they didn't for flu or colds - contrary to what people have been led to believe, covid is not all that deadly for most people. As with flu, RSV, and other respiratory infections in the immunocompromised and the frail, opportunistic secondary bacterial infections are important contributing causes of death for those hospitalized with covid - and they're being completely ignored by most of the media when reporting. Then again, the media is terrible at reporting anything related to science topics

This isn't ebola or rabies, so we should have never acted like it is.

Firstly, common sense isn't common. Secondly, when you question everything, it draws out data that were not considered to begin with or were thrown away by people who did not consider them in context. Much of my professional activities consist of questioning of data, conclusions, and decisions. More often than not, my questions result in rework - many times leading to changes to initial decisions.
Critical thought and constant denial are two different things. You're not just questioning. You obviously have a strong bias beforehand. And equating Covid to the common cold .. or even the flu (bearing in mind the horrible 'Spanish' flu epidemic from over a century ago) just reflects a true lack of understanding regarding all of such. Again, I blame the internet and the propensity of those wanting to find what they already believe and stopping short of true 'critical thought.'

Perhaps balance is due:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKCN26D0XT

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

I know. That doesn't matter to you. Conspiracies are so much more entertaining.
Old 08-09-21, 01:07 PM   #7965
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
*Because influenza surveillance does not capture all cases of flu that occur in the U.S., CDC provides these estimated ranges to better reflect the larger burden of influenza. These estimates are calculated based on CDC’s weekly influenza surveillance data and are preliminary.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan