Closed Thread

Old 10-23-19, 09:51 AM   #7861
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
just do what I do and put him on your ignore list, all of his posts are irrelevant anyway. He is just spamming this thread at this point IMHO.
boorish behavior needs to be addressed, or the offender feels emboldened to continue. He was given a chance to amend his behavior and have his posts at least read and considered. He double downed on his attitude and has regulated himself to irrelevancy on any discussions about the United States or It's Government.
Old 10-23-19, 09:58 AM   #7862
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Fair enough, If you are as abrasive and caustic in the real world as you are online, then I can only conclude that you are a lonely bitter man trying for relevancy in life.
As a result, I'll consider anything you post about my Country or Government as immaterial and not worthy of response.

Feel free, I dont care. You are not the authority to define whom or what I must respect and whom or what I may confront. A man is not his country. The individual I personally interact with I do not mistake with the policy and doing of a regime. I ask you not for permission on anything. If you think you must take that personally - your choice, gooy bye.
Old 10-23-19, 03:17 PM   #7863
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I can only conclude that you are a lonely bitter man trying for relevancy in life.

Wow it's like you've met him!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-23-19, 03:21 PM   #7864
Skybird
Soaring

Lets say the number of false friends shrunk dramatically, and the number of real friends stayed low - but ever more trusted and appreciated.
Old 10-23-19, 05:52 PM   #7865
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Let's not get personal, please. I'm serious.

Meanwhile, Gabbi sent me a relevant message today

She's like a Hawaiian Sarah Connor

I agree with Trumpy on this, the establishment Dems are sick people.
Old 10-23-19, 07:05 PM   #7866
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
boorish behavior needs to be addressed, or the offender feels emboldened to continue. He was given a chance to amend his behavior and have his posts at least read and considered. He double downed on his attitude and has regulated himself to irrelevancy on any discussions about the United States or It's Government.
That sounds like a definition of Trump himself. I would see your point better if that man of infinite wisdom would stop making up the cute demeaning names for his opponents he twitters about. He is a child who would be king but he craps on the floor in his own house and knows no better.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-24-19, 05:15 AM   #7867
Skybird
Soaring

Republican congressmen no longer accept to play by the rules of law when obeying the little boy's demand to defend him stronger. All German media report on it.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...019/index.html

Of course they knew that Republicans also were part of that non-public hearing. Of course they knew that electronic communication tools are not allowedf in room. What they really wanted to acchieve is: the intimidation of witnesses hat could be a problem for the little boy. To support their interests, even the vilant breaking of estalbished laws and rules under the eyes of the ublic hac become acceptable.

During their rise to power, and before the SS was formed, the Nazis formed another unit to disrupt assemblies of political rivals and to intimdiate participants in political gatherings, the SA, wich stands for "Sturmabteilung" (stormtroop). It stormed such assemblies, caused riots, started fights, and did all it could to disrupt such assemblies and to intimdiate people. History starts to show dangerous parallels. The saga of American degeneration of political culture is one chapter richer. The law has been rendered one degree less valid again.

The real tragedy is that the corrosive effects of this will prevail for long time after the little boy has left the white house which has proven to be so incredibly much too big for him.
Old 10-24-19, 06:22 AM   #7868
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Republican congressmen no longer accept to play by the rules of law when obeying the little boy's demand to defend him stronger. All German media report on it.
Quote:
During their rise to power, and before the SS was formed, the Nazis formed another unit to disrupt assemblies of political rivals and to intimdiate participants in political gatherings, the SA, wich stands for "Sturmabteilung" (stormtroop).
So now you are comparing the actions of elected members of Congress with stormtroopers? Priceless. What do you think of secret inquiries being held? Is there an historical precedent there?

But it is not the first time a stunt like this has happened.

Quote:
The 2016 United States House of Representatives sit-in began on June 22, 2016, when members of the House Democratic Caucus, led by Georgia Representative John Lewis and Massachusetts Representative Katherine Clark, and Illinois Representative Robin Kelly, declared their intention to remain on the floor of the United States House of Representatives until its Republican Speaker, Paul Ryan, allowed votes on gun control legislation in the aftermath of the June 12, 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...t-in#Aftermath

Quote:
President Barack Obama tweeted support for Lewis and House Democrats, saying they were "leading on gun violence where we need it most".

Former President Bill Clinton, the husband of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, tweeted in support, "This is leadership." Hillary also tweeted her support.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-24-19, 06:36 AM   #7869
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
So now you are comparing the violation of established rules and laws by Republican followers of the little boy with SA stormtroopers? Priceless.
^ Corrected that for you.

Yes, I compare it, because it is the same kind fo action, and the same violation of laws and rules, and the same intention.

Even worse if there already have been precedences. Whats next? Flying fists in congress? Molotow cocktails against cars and homes of senators? Little Boy has complaine dbitterly about the lackign support form his party. Before the Rpublican sA jumped into the hearing, he urged his folowers in congress to "get tough". Two weeks ago he publicly reasoned about how one would have dealt with "traitors" in the good old times , which was nothing else than reflecting about lynching an unwanted whistleblower. Season is open, that means. Anything goes. Mobster talking. Mobster doing. Mobster being.

Arnold Schwarzenegger recently held an interview in German, saying "Man muß jedes Mal zurückschlagen, wenn er seinen Mund aufmacht. Am besten mit etwas, das ihn bloßstellt. Davon gibt es ja genug." ("You have to hit back every time he opens his mouth. Best done with something that exposes him. There is enough of that.")

Yep.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-24-19 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-24-19, 07:24 AM   #7870
u crank

Quote:
Yes, I compare it, because it is the same kind fo action, and the same violation of laws and rules, and the same intention.
Ok Skybird, I am going to say this as plainly as I can. Listen carefully and put your prejudices aside. I am not defending President Trump. I don't much care for him. What I do care about is the rule of law and the proper way that government, in this case the US government, carries out its' functions. Yes Trump does things that could be construed as improper. But make no mistake what the Democrat majority under Pelosi and Schiff are currently doing in regards to their 'impeachment inquiry' is unprecedened and despicable. I'm not sure what you know about that but you should do some research. You won't find out about it by watching CNN or any other left wing media sources.

Ask yourself the obvious question..why are these hearings being held in secret? These current witnesses are not whistle blowers. Why is their testimony a secret? Their identities are known. Give me one good reason why the American public shouldn't know what is being said in these hearings. I can't think of one. Can you? It is obvious that it is political machinations. It is an investigation in search of a crime being carried out without due process and accountability. I think that is wrong. What do you think?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-24-19, 08:01 AM   #7871
Skybird
Soaring

I think mob is what mob does. And the mobster at the top of the staff list called for it.

BBC:

Quote:

The inquiry is led by a Democrat - Adam Schiff - and being run by the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees.
However, more than 40 Republicans are members of those committees, and permitted to take part in the hearings.

Democrats have argued that it is common for the initial stages of a congressional investigation to be conducted behind closed doors, and say private hearings are needed at the start, to stop witnesses from coordinating their testimony.

"The special counsels in the Nixon and Clinton impeachments conducted their investigations in private and we must initially do the same," Mr Schiff wrote in a letter to colleagues.
That pretty much nails it.

The inention behind this is clear. Disruption. Pressure is mounting on Lil' Boy, and this is his reaction, carried out by his obedient followers in congress. Disruption. Intimidation of witnesses. Organising and coordinating statements aimed and counteirng what the hearings will deliver in results and conclusions. Or in plain English: disruption.

And yes, I do not withdraw from the comparison to the SA's acitosn agauinst unwanted potlial assemblies in the early years of the regime still rising. Idea and intention back then and now, are the same.

Its a futile effort to seek any kind of agreement here, u_crank, you have chosen your side, and I have chosen where I wish to stand. We will never reach agreement. I have given thjis big olittle boy the usual 100 days of benefit of doubt when he started. And could cut them much shorter for he immediately started to mess things up and it did not take 100 days to realise where the journey was heading for. And since then, it went worse and worse and worse with him, every single week. He is the biggest potlical desaster that has ever hit xour country. Not being the cause but a symptom himself, thoiugh a sympton that feeds back on the cause, he also illustrates the biggest failure of your political system and society.

Edit: P.S.
The whole damn "West" is collapsing, btw. The whole order erected on the fundament of the last couple of centuries, if not the last millenium, right now goes to hell, right before our eyes. Its not just Trump. But he is like a catalysator for the destruction. Thats is no new thought to me. What irritates me so much is that people - are celebrating.
Old 10-24-19, 08:44 AM   #7872
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
So now you are comparing the actions of elected members of Congress with stormtroopers? Priceless.
Number one rule when someone uses the Nazi smear tactic in a political debate: Don't feed the Troll.

i.e. "trolling": – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Trolling

btw is'nt "Trolling" against forum rules?
Old 10-24-19, 09:04 AM   #7873
u crank

Quote:
"The special counsels in the Nixon and Clinton impeachments conducted their investigations in private and we must initially do the same," Mr Schiff wrote in a letter to colleagues.
I wouldn't take Schiff's word on the sunrise.

Quote:
The inention behind this is clear. Disruption. Pressure is mounting on Lil' Boy, and this is his reaction, carried out by his obedient followers in congress. Disruption. Intimidation of witnesses. Organising and coordinating statements aimed and counteirng what the hearings will deliver in results and conclusions. Or in plain English: disruption.
Both sides are doing this in one form or another.

Quote:
And yes, I do not withdraw from the comparison to the SA's acitosn agauinst unwanted potlial assemblies in the early years of the regime still rising. Idea and intention back then and now, are the same.
Then you are confused about the nature of the two parties involved. They are in no way comparable.

Quote:
Its a futile effort to seek any kind of agreement here, u_crank, you have chosen your side, and I have chosen where I wish to stand. We will never reach agreement.
You can pick whatever side you like. I thought I made it plain that I don't have a side. I am an interested observer. Try to keep that in mind.

Here is a take that ask questions that both sides should come to grips with.

Quote:
It’s easy to see how personal and national interests were intertwined for both Biden and Trump, and it’s easy to see what their defenses are. Each says his only interest was in protecting U.S. national security. Their critics don’t believe it.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...___141565.html

Quote:
If Joe and Hunter Biden were not in the picture, it would be perfectly fine for Trump to demand Ukraine reopen its investigation of earlier corruption and possible interference in the 2016 U.S. election. With the Bidens in the picture, however, Trump’s actions raise troubling questions.

Rep. Schiff’s investigation is not designed to answer them. It is designed to build a case against the president, and to do it speedily and secretly. When he has assembled whatever he thinks is enough evidence, he will release a partisan report and hope it gains public support. Republicans will rebut the substance and claim the whole process was a kangaroo court.
Quote:
Impeachment will be resolved in a few months, the 2020 election in a year. But these larger issues will not be settled nearly so fast, not definitively. The divisions are too deep, the stakes too high. The best advice, to paraphrase Bette Davis, is to buckle your seat belts because it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-24-19, 09:39 AM   #7874
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Number one rule when someone uses the Nazi smear tactic in a political debate: Don't feed the Troll.
Whose rule is that?
Old 10-24-19, 09:44 AM   #7875
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Whose rule is that?
The rule of normal civilized adults who want to have an actual debate, not the circus that this thread is turning into.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter