SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-11, 07:29 PM   #7801
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

ah ok, this is an easy fix. The gradient.tga must be width of 256, height of 1, and bit depth of 24bpp. You are trying to use a tga that doesn't fit this description.

Open up the tga in an image editor and resize it to 256 X 1. Save it as TGA with RGB color with no alpha (for 24bpp).

Just noticed that you are using the game file. My game file is 256 X 1 @ 24bpp. Have you modified your game file or is it the stock one?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 10:38 PM   #7802
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Map Viewer/Gradient editor v0.0.15: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR2WIX67

Fixed some logic errors in the buttons

A colormap is now generated in memory to help speedup the map rendering

You can now take a screenshot of the map in the display or the raw map (4320 X 2160). Screenshots are saved in folder app was started from and will be called SHMapViewer_currentdate_currenttime.tga where currentdate and currenttime and the current date and time

EDIT:

some users reported an error with v0.0.15 so here is:
v0.0.17: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TQYEW5E

Fixes the error some users were having. Learned something new from that error

EDIT2:

v0.0.18: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DMA0WR7S

Fixed problem makman94 posted

Added ability to select gradientx.tgas folder at startup if you decide not to use game file

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-29-11 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-02-11, 05:35 PM   #7803
pepe123456
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thank you
pepe123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 06:45 PM   #7804
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

some big changes coming in v6.8.0. The layout of the ship's journal file has totally changed. No worries though - old style files will be automatically converted into v6 style files. This change allows me to encode whatever I want into the ship's journal files now. Currently I have a new user option that defines a time interval that the game writes the sub's: position, heading, depth, speed, fuel, battery levels (fore and aft), CO2, and compressed air levels to the journal. These entries are 'invisible' in that they won't show up in the in-game journal or in the ship's journal editor app in the editing screen. They will be used in upcoming features of the mod and the app.

I'm working on revamping the destroyed marks also because they are going to be encoded into the journal file also (you already have text versions of them from the messagebox in the journal) so that they can be used in upcoming features of the mod and the ship's journal viewer app.

One thing the encoding of the sub's position every time interval does is allows me to track the player's sub throughout their campaign. This will allow me to allow you to export that data in mutiple formats for use in say Google Earth or some other app (exported data will be saved in plain text files). Same thing with the destroyed marks.

I have other plans for that data also. I also have plans to encode more items into the ship's journal Think of the map viewer/gradient editor app I made and think of what can be done with it and this data......

I'm also writing a GUI app for editing the options file. This one is taking longer than expected because I'm coding it to be dynamic vice static (so I don't have to edit the app when I add/remove options)

change log for v6.8.0 as of now:

v6.8.0 - changed how the attack disc is used. Now all discs are rotated using the mousewheel. If the front side is visible and mousewheel is rotated and:
- no key pressed: rotates Compass rose
- shift pressed: rotates Target disc
- ctrl pressed: rotates bearing and lead angle
- alt pressed: rotates attack course pointer
- shift + ctrl pressed: rotates relative bearing
if backside is visible and mousewheel is rotated and:
- shift pressed: rotates Speed and distance
- ctrl pressed: rotates time
- alt pressed: rotates degrees
- added tooltips to the attack disc that informs the user how to rotate the discs and how to switch sides
- revised tooltip on the nav map draggable compass
- added ability to rotate attack discs faster by pressing and holding right mouse button (also added info to attack disc tooltip on this)
- revised tooltip on RAOBF
- revised ship's journal viewer app
- added missing flags to SOAN for OH II campaign (thanks to Rongel for sending all flags - I reduced them down in size and rotated them for SOAN's use)
- changed operation of the RAOBF. I added a switch to the upper left corner of the rings. If this switch is down then you cannot rotate the RAOBF middle ring BUT you can pan scope with mouse now. If this switch is up then you can rotate the RAOBF middle ring. You can toggle this switch by either clicking it or using the middle mouse button
- added a switch to the front side of the attack disk. This switch controls whether the compass rose is locked to the uboat heading or not. If the switch is down it's unlocked. If the switch is up then it's locked.
- fixed bug of when clicking on active journal in main menu (located under Ship's Journal in main menu) nothing happened. Now the ship's journal viewer app will be called. Problem was due to relocating the app to a different folder some versions ago
- added missing flags of Slovakia and Czechia to SOAN
- made fundamental change to ship's journal for future expandability and to support upcoming new items. New journal type is v6. Dates are also now encoded vice written as strings
- fixed errors found in Ship's Journal Viewer app and in-game ship's journal while testing new changes
- added a new user option that specifies the entry interval when the sub's: position, course, depth, speed, fuel, battery levels, co2, and compressed air are written to the currently selected ship's journal (these are 'invisible' entries). These are for future features. Default interval time is every 30 minutes (JournalEntryWithSubsDataIntervalTime)
- you can now specify 0.0 for JournalEntryIntervalTime to disable it
- mod now outputs sh5.exe version at startup (can be caught using Dbgview or similar app)
Old 09-02-11, 07:31 PM   #7805
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you A Lot TheDarkWraith
Old 09-02-11, 07:50 PM   #7806
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382

You are tireless, TDW! Big thanks for all their hard work and selfless dedication.
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 03:02 AM   #7807
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Redid how destroyed marks are made. This fixes the problems where sometimes they didn't have any tonnage, where multiple destroyed marks would pile up on each other, and where destroyed marks would sometimes not show up for a destroyed unit. The destroyed marks will never appear on the exact spot where the unit was destroyed due to how I get the information for their location (game limitation). They will be within a range of +- 1500m though (best I can do) These destroyed marks have been bugging me for some time and needed to be revised
They are also now encoded in the ship's journal for upcoming features and additions
Old 09-03-11, 03:15 AM   #7808
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Redid how destroyed marks are made. This fixes the problems where sometimes they didn't have any tonnage, where multiple destroyed marks would pile up on each other, and where destroyed marks would sometimes not show up for a destroyed unit. The destroyed marks will never appear on the exact spot where the unit was destroyed due to how I get the information for their location (game limitation). They will be within a range of +- 1500m though (best I can do) These destroyed marks have been bugging me for some time and needed to be revised
They are also now encoded in the ship's journal for upcoming features and additions
Hi

would you be able to put two moving lines on the nav map so we can mark out lat and long??? and may be a read out at top of line

Dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 04:51 AM   #7809
ETsd4
中国水兵

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
Hi

would you be able to put two moving lines on the nav map so we can mark out lat and long??? and may be a read out at top of line

Dem
Automatic long/lat-read out at your map in the 40's?
ETsd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 09:49 AM   #7810
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi

Dem
don't understand the question
Old 09-03-11, 10:42 AM   #7811
BogdaNz
Loader

Downloads: 105

where i can find and dowloand
Fx_update 0 15 uhs fix
fx_update 0 15 barf fix
air torpedo
depth keeping problem
darkwraith water turbulance
irai no hydrophone on surface
Old 09-03-11, 11:16 AM   #7812
dem
Planesman

Quote:
don't understand the question
Ok

would it be possible to have horayental and vertical line, so you can drag in, one from side and one down from the top ,to pin point lat and long

just to make it easyer
Old 09-03-11, 11:39 AM   #7813
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok

would it be possible to have horayental and vertical line, so you can drag in, one from side and one down from the top ,to pin point lat and long

just to make it easyer
What would you use this for

What if I were to display the lat and long of where your mouse is somewhere on the map?
Old 09-03-11, 11:48 AM   #7814
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Would it be possible to show the deck gun ammo count when you are on the bridge using the binoculars
Old 09-03-11, 11:52 AM   #7815
dem
Planesman

Quote:
What would you use this for

What if I were to display the lat and long of where your mouse is somewhere on the map?
That would be great if you can

thank you

Dem

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui