SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-06, 01:55 AM   #766
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Some screenshots of my yet unfinished mod
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...002#post741002
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 03:00 PM   #767
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Is there an ETA on the release of your ships iambecomelife?
Nope. I think I'm only about 20% of the way there at most. IMO there should be at least a couple dozen medium cargo ships alone - not to mention other types.
With all respect, but in that case no one will ever have any benefit from your work. I am following this thread for half a year now and honestly, I have stopped playing ShIII until you release your ships. But holding back release until you have dozens of ships means you will be working on your mod for another year at least.

And it's not like you haven't got something to show. Your 6-10 new ships plus the ones already released by AG124 would mean an increase by more than 100%. Very much worthwile if you ask me.

You got all my encouragement for your work, but if you stick with your plan, I think it's better for people like me to stop following this thread for a very long time. I understand your attention to detail, but I am certainly not excited about mods which get released long after they are needed (in this case when SHIV is there).

Don't think I am criticizing your decision. I just think it's wrong. I have seen myself losing interest in mods when the modders get overambitious, because usually they never get finished, and in this case it's a waste of everyones time.

Anyway, great job.

GE

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 06:45 PM   #768
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Quote:
Quote:
Nope. I think I'm only about 20% of the way there at most. IMO there should be at least a couple dozen medium cargo ships alone - not to mention other types.
With all respect, but in that case no one will ever have any benefit from your work. I am following this thread for half a year now and honestly, I have stopped playing ShIII until you release your ships. But holding back release until you have dozens of ships means you will be working on your mod for another year at least.

And it's not like you haven't got something to show. Your 6-10 new ships plus the ones already released by AG124 would mean an increase by more than 100%. Very much worthwile if you ask me.

You got all my encouragement for your work, but if you stick with your plan, I think it's better for people like me to stop following this thread for a very long time. I understand your attention to detail, but I am certainly not excited about mods which get released long after they are needed (in this case when SHIV is there).

Don't think I am criticizing your decision. I just think it's wrong. I have seen myself losing interest in mods when the modders get overambitious, because usually they never get finished, and in this case it's a waste of everyones time.

Anyway, great job.

GE
I understand how you feel, but I feel pretty strongly myself about offering the best shipping diversity possible. Again, I am going to release some ships as "singles" - including the CAM; the only thing holding me back are spawning problems with the Hurricanes. Also, the pace of modding has increased now that I can use modded ships themselves as parent units - the external 3d modeling work for ships sometimes takes me a single night, as opposed to two weeks. I'm also awaiting the arrival of a new system w/ a much better hard drive and processor - this should improve game performance and make modding go even faster.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 11:16 PM   #769
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Quote:
Quote:

Anyway, great job.

GE
I understand how you feel, but I feel pretty strongly myself about offering the best shipping diversity possible. Again, I am going to release some ships as "singles" - including the CAM; the only thing holding me back are spawning problems with the Hurricanes. Also, the pace of modding has increased now that I can use modded ships themselves as parent units - the external 3d modeling work for ships sometimes takes me a single night, as opposed to two weeks. I'm also awaiting the arrival of a new system w/ a much better hard drive and processor - this should improve game performance and make modding go even faster.
Excuse my impatience then, but what kind of timeframe are we looking at, weeks, months?
Anything I can do to speed it up, and I'll help.
We're getting swamped with warships at at moment, while being useful addiions, aren't nearly as important as more merchants and are really just novelty items.
I can't wait for all your new ships to breathe some life back into the game.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 05:00 AM   #770
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
So if any1 else uses Max, pls can you post the Import/Export settings in screen shot format for 3DS Max 6/7 (5 may even do) or sadly I will no longer be able to make any more Ship or Bio Expacks.

Thx
Here are the settings left from the last time I used 3DS MAX 7. I did not have time to check out them now, though.

One can also un-tick "Normals" when exporting for use of Pack3D.
Old 04-25-06, 07:29 AM   #771
Cdre Gibs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thx Serg, been a bit busy today being ANZAC Day, so I must apologise for the delay in answering your post in the other thread.
Old 04-25-06, 01:13 PM   #772
Type941
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Just to clarify, I know why tankers are important, and not necessary to lecture on how the war was fought. For me the playability factor, mission design, etc, revolves a lot about capital ships hence I personally wanted to encourage the makers of Hood and such to continue and not to shelve the projects, next time they think "shall I finish the Hood, or make another tanker". :P

Sink the Bismarck SH3 Movie
Type941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 01:27 PM   #773
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

I don't think you need to worry about a lack of modders who work on either warships or merchants. it seems that there are a certain few modders (such as myself and Iambecomelife) who work almost exclusively on merchants, and another groups (such as Cdr Gibs and Sergbuto) who prefer warships. Thus, there will probably always be someone to work on both.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 04:23 PM   #774
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Hi, All.
Draft variant of the Soviet submarine Class С7
from Russian project USSR Submarine Mod
http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showthread.php?t=39248&page=6
http://hd-games.narod.ru :

Anvart
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 04:28 PM   #775
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

:P

Cool damage model. I like the green hull too.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 12:22 PM   #776
Type941
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Anvart. ... AWESOME! Get that baby a proper skin and it will rock! Love the tower.

Sink the Bismarck SH3 Movie
Type941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 04:37 PM   #777
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Excuse Type9/41,
but I not is the author of model and skins.

Anvart :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:55 AM   #778
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Default coastal tanker

Hi all

keep up the great extra ships - been trying to read thru this post and noticed a lot of posts saying not seen coastal tanker well last night came across tanker for the first time in company of a large merchant in grid bf19 in october 39

of course sank them both lol

keep em coming
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:08 PM   #779
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Nice. It's always good to see that people actually use modded units.

I like that sub, although I don't know much about Russian naval units. One of SH2's few bright spots was stumbling on foreign subs every now & then...

A minor update: I'm almost done with a small steam merchant of about 3500 tons. It's my first modded ship based on the coastal merchant (no screenshots - it's basically the same design as other split deckhouse ships).
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 02:29 PM   #780
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Default liners

i know some of you are working on liners and thought this site may be of some use - didnt realise so many different GRTs classed as liners

http://members.iinet.com.au/~gduncan...disasters_1940

details many liner/hospital ship/transport sinkings through the war as well as all the capital ships some photos too
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote