Old 01-25-18, 06:55 PM   #7636
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42805485

So Johnson descends from a mummy. That explains a lot in his odd behaviour. If you compare pictures showing their skull content, the resemblance strikes the eye.

Night of the Boris.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-25-18, 07:09 PM   #7637
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has called for a fundamental change in ministers' tone on Brexit, accusing UK negotiators of being "cowed by the EU".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42823654

Only the Mogg will deliver, get rid of the wets.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-26-18, 07:52 AM   #7638
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Yet another backbencher speaking out in an effort not to be forgotten about.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-27-18, 07:02 AM   #7639
STEED
Lucky Jack

Grass roots UKIP goes EX-UKIP in Thurrock as the cracks get bigger.

Quote:
All 17 UKIP councillors in Thurrock - including an MEP - have resigned from the party and formed a new group.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-42830757

Old 01-27-18, 07:34 AM   #7640
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
David Davis has said there is "no difference" between him, the chancellor and prime minister following a Tory row over the terms of a Brexit transition.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42827270

Well, you could have fooled me

Old 01-27-18, 01:17 PM   #7641
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The Momentum-backed chairwoman of a London Labour Party branch called for Donald Trump to be assassinated before he could be inaugurated as president.

The day after Mr Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in November 2016, Caragh Skipper wrote in a public Facebook post: “Ok, who’s shooting Trump before January?”

At the time Ms Skipper was an officer of the Croydon branch of Momentum, the activist group set up to support Jeremy Corbyn after his leadership victory in 2015. She has since become chairwoman of the local party in Croydon Central, a seat that Labour won in June
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...tion-xkf9vlrvw

I would have liked to read all of this but you have to log in to The Times these days.

Old 01-27-18, 01:58 PM   #7642
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
British officials are in discussions with Brussels about extending the Brexit transition period to almost three years, The Telegraph has learnt.

The official Government target for transition is “around two years” but many senior Whitehall officials remain privately concerned about the practicality of such a short transition, given potentially massive changes that would be required by a “hard” Brexit.

The Telegraph understands that although it is not formally Government policy, Britain has discreetly begun sounding out senior EU figures over whether transition could be extended amid growing disarray within the Cabinet over the ultimate terms of a long-term deal with the EU.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/...extend-brexit/

Like the Times you have to log in for the full story.

Here is the Express point of view..

Quote:
Brexit BETRAYAL: UK working to EXTEND transition to THREE YEARS
BRITISH officials are secretly talking to EU officials about the possibility of extending the Brexit transition period to almost three years.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/91...uy-verhofstadt

Old 01-28-18, 07:50 AM   #7643
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Trump: 'I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4285...in-getting-out

Old 01-28-18, 07:54 AM   #7644
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile, Jeremy has the answer to homelessness.

Quote:
A Labour government would "immediately" buy 8,000 homes and help councils "take over" empty properties, Jeremy Corbyn has said.

The Labour leader told the BBC the scale of homelessness in the UK was "disgusting" and "wholly unnecessary".

Powers to take over properties that were kept vacant deliberately would be given to councils, he said.

On the prospect of another general election, he told The Andrew Marr Show: "Bring it on."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42851024

Old 01-28-18, 09:24 AM   #7645
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

^Theresa May hasn't got one though has she? hold on a minute, that would be a radical step in the right direction wouldn't it, an actual caring Tory prime minister, nah not a chance.

Meanwhile poor Theresa has other more pressing matters on her hands, a possible leadership challenge amongst her Tory faithful, whoa, she won't like that on her political CV will she?. Mind you, it will fit right in alongside the worst Home Secretary there's ever been one and below the worst Tory leader they've had for bleeding decades one won't it.

Stressful times Theresa, stressful times.............. its all your own fault you muppet.

The stormclouds are gathering above the Brexit Tory backbenchers and they'll need to act now and elect a new leader before she hands the country back into the clenched fist of the EU.
Theresa May needs consigning to the dustbin of British political history where she belongs or those Brexit MPs will all be smeared in the same excrement that she bathes in.

Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn is playing the smart game, he understands that you don't interrupt an enemy while they're playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver.
Some MPs going to take a big fall soon and the only 2 questions that needs asking are, who will it be and when will it happen.
Old 01-29-18, 07:20 AM   #7646
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Carillion "wriggled out" of payments into its company pension schemes as its troubles grew, while it carried on paying shareholder dividends and bosses' bonuses, say MPs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42853895

Pension payments should never be allowed to be deferred under any circumstances whilst an employer is still operating/trading and the above isn't the first in recent times...BHS anybody?

Old 01-29-18, 08:39 AM   #7647
STEED
Lucky Jack

It looks like old Jezzer has been kissing the wrong butts. Getting down with the young voters turns out it was the 30 plus group that gave Labour the boost at the last GE.

Quote:
Theresa May should blame people in their 30s, rather than the youngest voters, for the loss of her parliamentary majority, a new study suggests.

"Youthquake" was the Oxford English dictionary's "word of the year" for 2017, after a surge in turnout among 18-24 year-olds in last year's general election was claimed by some as boosting Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

But academics from the "gold standard" British Election Study say that was not the case.
https://news.sky.com/story/was-the-y...-myth-11227634

Old 01-29-18, 08:52 AM   #7648
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Angela Merkel 'ridicules Theresa May's Brexit demands during "secret" press briefing'
Chancellor claims British Prime Minister has repeatedly asked Germany to 'make me an offer'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...source=Twitter

Theresa the appeaser getting weaker.

Quote:
Angela Merkel reportedly left journalists “laughing uproariously” after mocking Theresa May‘s attempts to negotiate a trading relationship post-Brexit.

The German chancellor said she had been trapped in a recurring conversation with the British Prime Minister since the EU referendum in 2016.

Speaking to a “secret” press meeting at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Ms Merkel claimed Ms May had repeatedly asked her to “make me an offer”, according to a report by ITV political pundit Robert Peston.

Old 01-29-18, 10:20 AM   #7649
STEED
Lucky Jack

I am listening to this now, will post a comment later.

Old 01-29-18, 11:08 AM   #7650
STEED
Lucky Jack

I think the up coming local elections the Tories will take a hit and if that hit is hard enough it could trigger a leadership challenge to Mrs May. The Tories could face a defeat at the next general election from their own Brexit voters by voting Labour. I think the political front is warming up but I'm not placing any bets to early for that.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics