SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-12, 11:36 AM   #751
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0

I think I´ve just discover a bug with the indicators of the engine in command room.
After been attacked by an airplane i have my Starboard diesel engine at 100% while the Port engine is at 58%. In the engine room Dials are correct (starboard indicating nearly 500 and Port indicating 130) but in command room they are chaged, (Port indicating nearly 500 and Starboard 130).
Sorry but can´t take screenshot at the moment.
Can anybody confim this ?.

Anyway Great Mod this one.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 02:12 PM   #752
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Hoy stranger! Glad to se you're still kicken. Thought you might have found some hot coed or something.
Well, I have found several of those, sadly haven't been able to run off with any of them.

All my time has been getting eaten up by my Nuclear Engineering courses actually. I was actually working on some snippets of code when it struck me I hadn't logged on here in way too long. Glad to see your still sending 'em to the bottom!

Baseman77, no with a card like that you should have no texture rendering problems at all. So you have tried loading this mod and no other? Have you tried redownloading it? Seems like you might be missing a texture file from the mod altogether.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 02:14 PM   #753
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
I think I´ve just discover a bug with the indicators of the engine in command room.
After been attacked by an airplane i have my Starboard diesel engine at 100% while the Port engine is at 58%. In the engine room Dials are correct (starboard indicating nearly 500 and Port indicating 130) but in command room they are chaged, (Port indicating nearly 500 and Starboard 130).

Ooooooooh, can't let something like that go. Let me get to my work computer, will check to confirm, if that is the case should have a patch in a few hours.

Old 01-18-12, 02:40 PM   #754
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post

Okay, so I lied about how fast I could patch it......I already finished it

You were absolutely correct pedrobas, I can't believe that I never noticed that before, or that no one else had. Sorry to everyone I let this slip till now.

To get the fix for that simply go to the first post in this thread and download the patch. It will contain everything from the 1.2.1 patch as well, so you can get rid of 1.2.1 patch from your mod soup.

INSTRUCTIONS: Apply the Interior Mod 1.2, then download and apply the 1.2.2 patch, and you will be good to go.

Old 01-18-12, 02:44 PM   #755
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Hoy stranger! Glad to se you're still kicken. Thought you might have found some hot coed or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Well, I have found several of those, sadly haven't been able to run off with any of them.
Stop playing computer games when they are around.

You know you spend to much time on the computer if your Wife/GF can easily pick you out from a large crown by only seeing the back of your head.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 03:36 PM   #756
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Waoooo , that was quick, is good to have you here again.

pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 05:12 PM   #757
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
All my time has been getting eaten up by my Nuclear Engineering courses actually.
An excellent choice if I say so myself Tell me it's not fascinating learning about atoms and fission and control rods and the likes...love it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 08:05 PM   #758
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
An excellent choice if I say so myself Tell me it's not fascinating learning about atoms and fission and control rods and the likes...love it

TDW knowing his record and to fascinate the atoms, you are able to make a nuclear VIIC submarine for SH5.

courage and wisdom
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 04:28 AM   #759
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
TDW knowing his record and to fascinate the atoms, you are able to make a nuclear VIIC submarine for SH5.
My background is Nuclear Engineering. I know two sub plants (S5G and can't remember the other) and one surface ship plant (D2W). S5G is a natural circulation plant, no pumps required up to x% in power (can't say the %).

It's a fascinating field
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 05:33 PM   #760
Kentrat
Torpedoman

Location: Sitting on the Becks crate scraping the mould off the bread...
Downloads: 116

Evening All!

Just a quick question Steel Viking, is the 1.2.1 Nvidia patch now redundant too?

Kapitänleutnant, U-136, (typ. VIIb 16v GTi)

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He would not have made them out of meat....
Kentrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 06:29 PM   #761
SteelViking
The Old Man

@TDW yep it sure is amazing, that's for sure. Wouldn't mind if it was a little easier to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentrat View Post
Evening All!

Just a quick question Steel Viking, is the 1.2.1 Nvidia patch now redundant too?
Hmmmm, no. Any patch dealing with Nvidia graphics cards are still going to be needed. What you should do is this, install patch 1.2.2, and then apply any Nvidia patches over top of that. All the fixes/improvements will make it through because the additions to 1.2.2 involve different files than previous patches. If that's not clear I can explain further.

Edit: Wait, no that probably won't work either! Sorry, wasn't really thinking about the details of that since I didn't make the nvidia patches. @TheBeast, I am guessing you made changes to all the .sim files for the nvidia patch.....I don't have time to check. Would you mind updating the nvidia patch with what I just did in 1.2.2. The only change is in the command room's .sim. The RPM meters need their types switched around.

Last edited by SteelViking; 01-19-12 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-20-12, 02:05 AM   #762
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Edit: Wait, no that probably won't work either! Sorry, wasn't really thinking about the details of that since I didn't make the nvidia patches. @TheBeast, I am guessing you made changes to all the .sim files for the nvidia patch.....I don't have time to check. Would you mind updating the nvidia patch with what I just did in 1.2.2. The only change is in the command room's .sim. The RPM meters need their types switched around.
I can not do anything right now. My Power keeps going off and on because of bad weather in Pacific North West right now.
Maybe in a few days.

If it helps, all I did was change how the Light Bulbs render.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 10:33 AM   #763
Baseman77
Swabbie

Downloads: 80
Thanks for give me some advise SteelViking. Loading your mod once again has fixed the problem. I think there was a failure while downloading the former files.
Baseman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 01:26 PM   #764
Kentrat
Torpedoman

Location: Sitting on the Becks crate scraping the mould off the bread...
Downloads: 116

Thanks Steel Viking and TheBeast,

I'll wait until the necessary revisions have been made before installing 1.2.2, hope the weather improves for you TheBeast; maybe we should club together and get you a U.P.S in recognition of the sterling work you have put into SH5 for us .

Thanks again guys

Kapitänleutnant, U-136, (typ. VIIb 16v GTi)

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He would not have made them out of meat....
Kentrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 02:22 PM   #765
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman77 View Post
Thanks for give me some advise SteelViking. Loading your mod once again has fixed the problem. I think there was a failure while downloading the former files.
Good, glad to hear you got it working!