Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-17, 05:09 PM   #7336
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

And now the Westminster scandal hits the Lib Dems.

Quote:
The Liberal Democrats have suspended a party member and referred reported rape allegations to the police.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41894540

Wow they all agreed!
Quote:
Westminster party leaders have agreed to introduce a new grievance procedure for staff to deal with misconduct allegations, Theresa May has said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41892271

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-07-17, 08:16 AM   #7337
STEED
Lucky Jack

>>>BREAKING NEWS<<<

Quote:
Sacked Labour minister dies

Welsh Labour's Carl Sargeant, who faced party investigation into allegations about his personal conduct, dies
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41904161

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-07-17, 08:22 AM   #7338
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Scottish parliament evacuated after white powder found - source
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bri...-idUKKBN1D71M3

Jim's Talc order seems to turned up.

Old 11-07-17, 12:00 PM   #7339
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I see Boris has put his foot in it again.

Quote:
Boris Johnson has said he is sorry if his remarks about a British-Iranian woman caused anxiety to her family.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41902883

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-07-17, 02:49 PM   #7340
STEED
Lucky Jack

^PM material what rot, Boris is out of the running as he and the rest get out of control again. Mrs May's cabinet if falling apart and she can not control them, old Jezzer must be pleased.

Old 11-07-17, 03:38 PM   #7341
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Brexit minister Steve Baker says it will take "no more than three weeks" to publish official reports on the impact of Brexit on Britain's economy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41899729

The foul stench of deceit smells and this will not help.

Old 11-08-17, 10:56 AM   #7342
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looking like Priti Patel is about to lose her job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41904459

Old 11-08-17, 02:54 PM   #7343
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Looking like Priti Patel is about to lose her job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41904459
Quote:
Priti Patel has resigned as UK international development secretary amid controversy over her meetings with Israeli officials.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

Another one gone and Mrs May has become more weaker, she should have been sacked. Mrs May is falling apart and next week we get the Damian Green verdict. This government is weaker than watered down beer and the wolfs every where are enjoying it.

Old 11-08-17, 03:38 PM   #7344
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

Westminster scandal

Quote:
A key aide to Jeremy Corbyn, and the son of former Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott, has been suspended from his job.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41912847

Dive for cover Jezzer old John Prescott could make a come back..

Old 11-08-17, 05:11 PM   #7345
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May waxwork revealed at Madame Tussauds
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41916840

This Mrs May looks like shes in control unlike the real one.

Old 11-09-17, 07:05 PM   #7346
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The UK could remain in the EU if Leave voters could be offered a "game-changing" deal next summer, Gordon Brown has told BBC News.

But he predicted a "crisis point", when Leave voters realised they were not going to get what they were promised.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41899727

I never believed much that was said by both sides as both sides treated it like a bloody joke.

Old 11-09-17, 07:06 PM   #7347
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its hard to believe that what the British government shows regarding Brexit negotiations, is real. As is known, I do not hold great expectations of politicians in general. But this pitiful sight is somethign that even me never would have expected.

This government is enjoying a diplomatic Dunkirk in Brussels. Just that it thinks it is a holiday boat tour with picnic and champagne at the end.

I think this all will end very, very badly for Britain. This stellar amount of dilletantism is self-made, and it deserves not the smallest reward.

The ordinary people will pay the price, while the pigs at the top will keep on grinning and smacking.

I am all for confronting the EU. But I beg you - not in such an amateurish, weak fashion!
Old 11-09-17, 07:18 PM   #7348
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its hard to believe that what the British government shows regarding Brexit negotiations, is real. As is known, I do not hold great expectations of politicians in general. But this pitiful sight is somethign that even me never would have expected.

This government is enjoying a diplomatic Dunkirk in Brussels. Just that it thinks it is a holiday boat tour with picnic and champagne at the end.

I think this all will end very, very badly for Britain. This stellar amount of dilletantism is self-made, and it deserves not the smallest reward.

The ordinary people will pay the price, while the pigs at the top will keep on grinning and smacking.

I am all for confronting the EU. But I beg you - not in such an amateurish, weak fashion!
If and I say if we leave the EU bet the door will be wide open with the EU waving a great big chocolate bar in our direction saying there is more where this came from.

I see the UK going down the tubes and begging the EU let us back in the club. No doubt the master plan of the pigs at the top.

Old 11-10-17, 06:33 AM   #7349
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
If and I say if we leave the EU bet the door will be wide open with the EU waving a great big chocolate bar in our direction saying there is more where this came from.
The big British folly.

Thats what we call your reaosning over here, and it has become almost proverbial by now: the assunption that Britain holds a strong ground against the EU and that the eU in the last second will blink, or just cannot wait and is eager to pave you a golden road back into the family. I think you are terribly wrong there. The anger abut your negotation team's lack of preparedness and solid information in brussels, is real. And I think Londown is extremely prone, or desperate, to read much more into German vague statements about business interests. Neither Germany nor the EU can afford to allow you gettign special deals served through the backdoor - it would be an incentive for others to follow your example. And there is not just germany, there is also France, your traditional old rival, and France currently celebrates heydays due to the cause you deliver them for throwing a party.

I expected this, and though that toughness and smartness and courage ciuld nevertheless see Britain through a rapidly employed tough Brexit, a clear cut that leaves business little time to leave the island for the contiennt while it still can. That is why I am so shocked to see the eggdance yur givernment shows up there, time and again. I wuld have exected that form many others - not from Britain. I'm kindnof shockek, really. If you would tell me this is just oike it always is over there in britian, then I woudl take it that I have had terrible illusions abut the nature of British politics. I man it often gets quoted as being an example for one of the world's most professionally organised administration of government politics and services. But maybe I hear just echoes from a distant past there...?

Britain wants to open the much wanted, the desperately wanted second phase of talks, focussing on trade after Brexit. The eU and all sttes have made it clear, that this expectation currently is completely unrealistic. That means that business will start to leave the islands for the continent already from early next year on, while they still can apply for "asylum" on the continent. British economy is heavily dependent on service businesses and banking. Well, have good fun with that exodus - it will be these branches that leave first.

A reenter int the eU after Brexit has been completed and formaised, will need all the years and preparation and negotiation that any foreign state - becasue that si what you then will be - has to run through. Do not expect a highway of golden paved priviliges, you most likely will not get them.

I expected all this hard playing by the EU, you apparently did not. I based my symoathy and support for Brexit on my wish to damage the EU, and my assunption that britain is tough and smart and courgaeous enough to prepare for going it all alone, taking the blows of the firts years that inevtibaly will come,l and then slowly foster again in the years after the difficult start. But now - a dreamdancing on eggs with broken or very thin shells, thats all i see from London's dreamteam. If this is the best your political clowns can show up with then you better cancel Brexit and stick with the EU.

Man, every couple of years I fall into an old pattern and ot a little, just a tiny little bit of faith into some politicians. And always I get immediately penaised for doing that. I realyl shoudl stick to my own rules: never trust in and never expect anything from olticians, no matter who they are. That way I would never get dissapointed.

Poor Brits, I feel sympathy for your misery. But maybe you deserve it, like we deserve the eU. Why don't you just go and drown your politicians in river Thames, instead of letting them ruin your lives? We should do the same with ours.
Old 11-10-17, 07:33 AM   #7350
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It is being reported that some progress has been made in the negotiations but I notice there are no details set out.

Quote:
"Some progress" has been made in the Brexit talks, the EU's Michel Barnier has said, following the latest round of negotiations with the UK in Brussels.
He was speaking after meeting Brexit Secretary David Davis for further talks on citizens' rights, the Irish border, and the UK's "divorce bill".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41941414

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics